Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

OMGaahh

280912095476773542_h0GDuiyY_c.jpg

So cute.

This is my daughter :look::look::look:

Why is it so hard to teach my daughter(15) healthy hair practices? All she wants to do is blow dry and flat iron. It's bad when you have to hide the flat iron!! Sigh...:sad:

I cannot wait to come home and baby my hair to a wash and deep condition with Nexus Emergencee and then rollerset. I'm on vacation right now and look forward to pampering my strands when I get home tomorrow or Saturday.

Bribed my hair with a deliciously wonderful scalp massage. Planning to wash and DC today and it has agreed to play nice. Meantime, my hair is feeling wonderfully moisturized.

Question: Does anyone know if the ingredients are the same in ORS Replenishing Pak as it is in the ORS Replenishing Conditioner (in the bottle)?

'k. Dead dog tired. Too tired to do anything to my hair. So erm, why am I still up on lhcf looking at the same threads over and over? :nono: G'night all.

Pulled freshly washed hair into a single braid, put on baseball cap and pulled braid through slot in back ... nice to have an alternative to my gilligan fishing hat

So I didn't go to sleep. Instead, took down my twists, detangled and put my hair into 4 Celie braids. Prepping for my wash and condition for tomorrow. I'm so happy that I had no problems detangling. My hair was still well moisturized from yesterday so, I know that helped.

I only intended to redo a few of my front twists but when I saw how well my hair was working with me, I went for the whole enchalada. Yay me. :clapping:

I kinda wish I wasn't relaxing this weekend. Enjoying the thickness and fluffy look of my hair. I'm relaxing purely for vanity reasons (gotta look fly for the last week of classes before I graduate) and keep assuring myself I'll do a longer stretch next time.

I am going on a mini hair haul tomorrow though to treat myself for landing a j-o-b and fully funded graduate program. :yep: Those hercules sagemann shark clips and bonnet I've been eyeing for weeks are mine!!

Welp...I returned my relaxer kit and exchanged it for a BKT. My two year relationship with relaxers is over; I'm taking the plunge and transitioning :grin:. I'm currently 4 months post and I've completely fallen in love with my curls but I'm choosing to BKT for the meantime just so that I have the option of being able to have a curly/wavy WnG style or easily straighten my hair (I don't think I could handle being fully natural right now :lol:). I'm really pumped for this journey..hopefully I'll be able to reach fully natural APL stretched in 16 months

Here's a pic of texture shot...sorry for the crappy quality

Attachments

• IMG-20120426-00147.jpg
    IMG-20120426-00147.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Used AOWC as a DC for the first time, and it was an Amazing Experience...my hair felt GOOD. Soft, and Moist...and so Thick!! What the heck took me so long?!

The PJ in me has finally died - RIP.
I gave away and threw away the tons of stuff I don't use.
I have 2 large empty underbed boxes that I can make better use of.
More space/tidier bathroom.

Finally, I have found my products and only have 2 shampoos, a leave-in, 2 deep conditioners, a moisturiser and my oil bottle for sealing. That's it.

I always wanna try new products like Oyin or Claudie's...but I don't have the funds to motivate the PJ in me. Maybe I'll try some samples.

So I'm sitting under the dryer deep conditioning without my glasses on. I see what I think could be a spider or a centipede running near my chair. I jump up and hit it with my house slipper...it is of course, some of my shed hair. I gotta get my glasses fixed!

I think my hair has decided to curl a bit. I have noticed as my has grown longer there seems to be a very tight S pattern to my hair. Kinda shocked me since my hair is 4b. I could feel the tight waves for a long time beforehand but now I can kinda see them.

Sitting with honey, cinnamon, oil, and water in my hair hoping this mixture lightens it up. I cant wait to wash this mess out!

Just getting in from the World Natural Hair Show, hanging with nakialovesshoes. Every sistah in Atlanta must've been there. It got a bit overwhelming inside, after waiting forever to get in. But, there are some really good vendors and I did grab a nice haul. Dropped a gwop right quick. #done

Last edited:
I can't get a good puff any more. My hair is too floppy. Is there a way to stiffen it up? I don't want to tease it. That sounds counter productive!

Back