Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Kurlee

gave in and trimmed :look: Was trying to last a year and only made it 4.5 months. I needed it. My ends were looking scraggly. So close to growing out these god forsaken layers. They are the bane of my existence :whip:

Embyra

These butters i whipped a few months back are going to come in handy quite nicely with my wet bunning :yep:

CaliiSwagg

I need to find a salon so I can get a trim and a blow out next month. I havent really done anythingw ith my hair since I BC'd. I'm kinda eager to see my progress.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy But why though? Some people really make me sick with their negativity.

NappyNelle

She basically called me a liar regarding my 1st yr post. Said that I'm wrong for misleading people and that if I did grow it out, it wasn't in the time stated. Obviously she wasn't around while I was posting my play-by-plays that year. That didn't bother me much. What did bother me was a comment that I must have a huge tumor on my head. That really bothered me, considering I just went thru my mom's lost battle with cancer. She probably didn't know so, I have to give her the benefit of doubt. But, this is why people shouldn't just say any ol' crazy thing that comes to mind, trying to be smart. I'm hurt and mad all over again just thinking about it. :nono:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
NJoy How miserable of her! It's obvious that you took your time to document EVERYTHANG from that roota to the toota so she really has problems. SMH I'm sorry I even brought it up and made you angry again. :bighug:

Melaninme

Why didn't I trim my strands when my hair was straight? With this shrinkage, can't be sure what the outcome of the trim will be.:look:

TeeMartini

Finally got the curlformers kit today. Tried my skills out on the Pomeranian, not too shabby! I dont think he was impressed......lol. Can't wait for my next wash day!!!!!

InBloom

In my new-growth
so...hair is dead? if something is dead, how is it possible to make it healthy?

what I really want is hair that looks good, doesn't break off easily, and is longer. not sure I can ever achieve healthy hair.

I think I might spend money on products that help my hair look good, resist breakage and can therefore retain length. nothing will make my hair healthy.

this changes some things.

youwillrise

OKAY! how come no one told me about yes to carrots conditioner. ommmmmggggg

i bought some yesterday at walgreens and used it today after my awesome shampoo bar experience (babassu marshmallow by chagrin valley...which i also used for the first time today)...hair felt clean, but not at all stripped after using the bar

after rinsing the shampoo bar, i started to slather on the yes to carrots and immediately felt the loooove. it felt so smooth while it was gliding on my hair. this stuff has wicked slip for me! my hair had been a bit tangled since i havent been detangling thoroughly...and my fingers glided through (and if my fingers got a little caught, i was able to separate it easily).

and to think, all the years this stuff has been out...i havent paid much attn to it except for the maybe 1 or 2 times i picked it up and looked at it quickly.

niiiiiiice

i dont like the smell too much...it's not horrible...it's just too "regular" for me. lol.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy How miserable of her! It's obvious that you took your time to document EVERYTHANG from that roota to the toota so she really has problems. SMH I'm sorry I even brought it up and made you angry again. :bighug:
No problem. A little refocusing does the trick. Thanks for the huggy poo.

OKAY! how come no one told me about yes to carrots conditioner. ommmmmggggg

i bought some yesterday at walgreens and used it today after my awesome shampoo bar experience (babassu marshmallow by chagrin valley...which i also used for the first time today)...hair felt clean, but not at all stripped after using the bar

after rinsing the shampoo bar, i started to slather on the yes to carrots and immediately felt the loooove. it felt so smooth while it was gliding on my hair. this stuff has wicked slip for me! my hair had been a bit tangled since i havent been detangling thoroughly...and my fingers glided through (and if my fingers got a little caught, i was able to separate it easily).

and to think, all the years this stuff has been out...i havent paid much attn to it except for the maybe 1 or 2 times i picked it up and looked at it quickly.

niiiiiiice

i dont like the smell too much...it's not horrible...it's just too "regular" for me. lol.

Hmmmm. The PJ in me is smiling. I've been thinking of heading to Walgreens for some pistachios anyway... :look:

Ms. Tiki

Finally got the curlformers kit today. Tried my skills out on the Pomeranian, not too shabby! I dont think he was impressed......lol. Can't wait for my next wash day!!!!!

TeeMartini I had to read your post twice to make sure I read it correctly. I'm sure he was not happy with you. Tell me you don't have that baby over there looking like the doggie version of Big Worm:lachen::lachen::lachen:

-PYT

Was putting castile soap/aloe gel/ water mix on my scalp as a shampoo right...it got in my eye and I just about went legally blind :look: I will be super careful next time!

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
I still don't know if I will regret relaxing. I don't want to end up transitioning again. SO over my natural hair..

Anakinsmomma

I didn't do curl formers. I didn't wash. :nono:

I did do an amazing braidout today!! I spritz with my coffee spritz, then applied AOHSR in sections and braided, and put castor oil on the ends. This was originally supposed to be a prepoo :lol:

Had a rough day with DS so I didnt get to wash. He almost lost my glasses, and I have to pour likka for my Marie Dean Whipped Vanilla Mousse sample that ended up smeared on the wall, and my bottle of JBCO that he poured into his potty. :cry2:

So I just left the braids in and took then out during my car ride to work. It came out nice.

Maybe I should stop playing and use AOHSR as my leave in and dc. It plays so nicely with my hair!

Miss AJ

Just sprayed my twists with water, tied a scarf around the flat twists and I have a bonnet covering my whole head. Hoping this experiment will REALLY help me cut down on product buying.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

HE must have lost their minds! Changing LTR Leave-in name and bottle PLUS they had the nerve to add $2 extra to the cost (Rolls eyes so hard).

Evolving78

i promise myself that i will not apply my own relaxer touch ups anymore. and i am going to go to the salon twice a month to get a rod or roller set. this will curb my PJism. now i am just going to wash/dc, do a light protein treatment every other wash, roller set, and bun. gotta get my hair back on point.