Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Seeing the assistants hair on bbw last night made me want to straighten for a few days. Her little bob like style was so cute and swingy and I think my hair is about her length.

Miss AJ

Every time I think about NOT trimming my ends, I think of the time I let them get bad and let a stylist take care of them. I went from APL to SL and was crushed....so I trimmed the ends of my twists this morning lol!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
(this morning, finger detangling my hair in the mirror)

My Hair - Why are you looking at me like that?

Me - You know why. But I'm running late and don't have time to talk about it.

My Hair - Nah nah, gon' head and say your piece shawty. Don't give me the stank eye.

Me - I'm just sayin. I've offered you the BEST. I'm tryna upgrade you. But you just refuse to be great.

My Hair - Here we go with this ish again.....

Me - Yo, YOU wanted to talk about it. So let's talk about it.

My Hair - Fine. So what is this we're using, Qhemet?

Me - Yup. Drove all the way to midtown to get it. But I already know how you feel about it so I don't know why I try anymore.

My Hair - Look, I can't help what I like! Stop tryna change me!!

Me - I mean I've offered you the best. Qhemet, Donna Marie, KBB, Curl Junkie, Ouidad... I could go on forever!! But... I mean really? REALLY?

My Hair - Sugafoots, think about it!! I grew UP on Blue Magic, baby!!! Pink Lotion!! What did you expect?!?!

Me - But I'm sayin.. Carol's Daughter? Of ALL the things we've tried this past year.. Carol's Daughter? THAT'S what you love?

My Hair - Just because YOU a bougie b!sh don't mean I am!!! You keep tryna shower me with these lavish gifts and butters and potions, when all I want you to do is ride out to the east side Macy's and love up on some CD!! Dayum, Gina!!!

Me - .... who the phuck is Gina??

My Hair - My bad, I got carried away. But I'm sayin, ma. Let me do what I do, okay? The Qhemet is nice, it smells fragrant and what not... I'll rock wit it today. But... I like what I like, babygirl. It don't have to change things between us.

Me - *sigh* You know what, fine. We're gonna get thru this weekend with the Qhemet and if you STILL feel like CD is what will make you great..... then fine.

My Hair - I lub you, boo.

Me - Get in this ghatdamn ponytail holder and stfu.......

fin.

(I have had several cups of coffee. :look: :lachen: )

@tapioca_pudding: OMG ... this is one of the funniest things I've read on this forum in quite some time.

And a big thank you to @MyAngelEyez~C~U for putting it in her siggy. Had she not done that, I don't think I ever would have seen this.

:lol:

Nonie

i hate this inn between phase of my hair when its not short enough to just rock a TWA but not long enough to make a bun or ponytail. Its warming up and I cant hide under hats anymore :lol:

toinette, I never had the "in-between" phase when wearing my 4B hair out, coz it could be patted down to a TWA so that I could fake the funk till it was long enough for the long styles I wished I could do already. So just prolong the TWA status until further notice :poke:

I found a hair that was fifteen inches and I wanted to keep it. I was propably the longest hair on my head and it fell off :-(

constantia, that just shows you what potential you have if you quit lunching and buckle down and do right by your hair. It'll thank you. :grin:

Every time I think about NOT trimming my ends, I think of the time I let them get bad and let a stylist take care of them. I went from APL to SL and was crushed....so I trimmed the ends of my twists this morning lol!

Good for you! Miss AJ You know how I feel about trims. :yay:

Had a bad wash day today.. Everything was great until i put in the leave in... shedding by the handful....

judy4all, you sure it was the leave-in...or did you have shed hair just hanging on silly that needed to come off anyway? Better it shed while you're styling than at an event where you need to be all prim and proper. :look:

Raspberry

Had a bad wash day today.. Everything was great until i put in the leave in... shedding by the handful....

@judy4all what leave-in did you use?

ETA: @Nonie could be right.. I get a lot of shed hair during wash time too. I think it's because I never use a small tooth comb to fully detangle and the force of the water releases more shed hair.

Last edited:

JudithO

Raspberry Nonie

Darcy's daily leave in... Actually my hair wasnt as smooth after leave-in as after I rinsed it out... so the shedding may not be due to the leave-in... but my hair wasn't really feeling it either.

Maybe handful was an exaggeration, but it was quite much... Ive had the best wash days wen I airdry without any product... I guess I got caught trying to "do what I should be doing" instead of sticking to what works for me... lol... No worries... wash day saturday, will get a chance to do it right.

Miss AJ

Just cracked open my shipment of Dominican products. I'm about to be a weirdo, open them up, and smell them lol.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Simple is best...I'm definitely wanting to trim down the products I'm using...water is such a simple, wonderful and available resource...and my hair likes it.

Products: Poo, DC, Water, Qhemet AOHC --If I can get my product stash down to this, it would be great! Now that I know my hair hates oil, I am on a mission to use them up and get them out! I

winona

[USER=147242 said:
Arian[/USER];15742731]Simple is best...I'm definitely wanting to trim down the products I'm using...water is such a simple, wonderful and available resource...and my hair likes it.

Products: Poo, DC, Water, Qhemet AOHC --If I can get my product stash down to this, it would be great! Now that I know my hair hates oil, I am on a mission to use them up and get them out! I

Another way to use up some oil is add 1tablespoon to diluted poo. The recipe that has been working for me
1 tablespoon moisturizing poo
1 tablespoon oil
5-6oz water

When I try to shampoo with undiluted poo my hair feels too striped to me now:) I even have to dilute my shampoo bars:/

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Another way to use up some oil is add 1tablespoon to diluted poo. The recipe that has been working for me
1 tablespoon moisturizing poo
1 tablespoon oil
5-6oz water

When I try to shampoo with undiluted poo my hair feels too striped to me now:) I even have to dilute my shampoo bars:/

This is an awesome idea too! :yep:
As long as I can wash oil out, I'm good! But leaving it in...:nono:

melissa-bee

I saw a man with a nice nape today. Makes me wanna shave mine off and start over. Would it really be that crazy if I shave the back inch of my nape off?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF

winona

I just used my PM Super Skinny Serum for the 1st time on my kinky twist hair after removing the coating. It smells sooo dang good.

My scissor happy rampage last night left me with 3-4inch of hair in the middle part of my crown and I couldn't hide it:( I just cut most of my hair to about 4inch. At least I know how to grow it back out and what works:)

My hubby hasn't realized that I cut a lot of hair so I am putting in some kinky twists before he gets the memo:)

ms.tatiana

Going to see my hair stylist on Saturday to figure out what color I'm getting. She tried to tell me I couldn't change color before graduation I told her yes I can

youwillrise

Embyra

I love getting tracking email notifications i was up bright and early for my delivery of whipped ends

yay to no sorry we missed you cards:rolleyes::lol:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
New winner: Agave nectar in my hair

I love to see women with a messy bun ... it just seems so feminine and casually pretty to me....so I'm wearing one today:look:

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Probably won't be able to wash my hair for another nine days. *sigh* Been super busy that my hair has taken a backseat. I'm so used to my routine that missing more than one wash day feels weird.

deedoswell

new member here! can anyone direct me to where to find solutions on shedding - my hair has been shedding terribly for about a month now! thanks!

Darenia

deedoswell My Kindle is acting up so I couldn't paste a link, but if you go to the top of page you can do a search on shedding. Also, there are alot of youtube videos out there talking about shedding, the use of garlic and black tea rinses that are supposed to help.