Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Yes: It only takes a little bit (comparatively speaking) of the SM hipo masque to cover every stand on my head. It just sinks right in and spreads so well. It's like it was special-made for my hair or something.

I don't know if the discounts and free shipping would make it worth the cost, but I just got an email response back from Soultanicals telling me that based on how I described the SM hipo masque's performance, I should try the the Frizz Whiz leave in or Marula-Muru Moisture Guru to see if one or both give me similar results. I'm going to skip the cowash for now and get the Frizz Whiz.

I can't justify getting the Monoi DC: I just have too many DCs. I think I'm just going to get the Frizz Whiz leave in and leave it at that. Hard to do at 40% off. :(

I like your plan. I hope the Frizz Whiz works and can replace the masque. I know it's hard to start back again once your find your HG.

I would have recommended a Paul Mitchell flat iron. My Babyliss gives me heat damage

Thanks for the recommendation! I will give the babyliss a try the next time I redo my hair and if I don't like it I will return it and try a different one. I saw the Paul Mitchell one while I was in the store but didn't even consider it! What do you like about those flat irons?

Mind sharing your regi? My lo-po hair is still so weird...

I'm pretty boring.

I wash weekly. My routine is scalp exfoliate-wash-deep condition. Then apply my leave in, moisturizer, oil, butter and grease or pomade. I heavy seal and use protein every 8-12 weeks. Dookie twist, 14-16. Bun weekly.

For what it's worth, unless I know the formulation, I avoid aloe, acv, avocado oil, coconut oil, protein and ayurvedic herbs until necessary.

If you can get your hands on collagen aminos acids, whether it's the ones you use for after workout or one targeted for joints or the ones marketed for women, they are kinda all the same and all work. I've used them all. Neither of these are targeted to help hair growth, however, it's the same proteins so it will get there. Isoplus Aminos (sports recovery AA complex for joints and muscles) are the best but a tad pricey. Derma Matrix (for skin) is my second favorite.

I'm pretty boring.

I wash weekly. My routine is scalp exfoliate-wash-deep condition. Then apply my leave in, moisturizer, oil, butter and grease or pomade. I heavy seal and use protein every 8-12 weeks. Dookie twist, 14-16. Bun weekly.

For what it's worth, unless I know the formulation, I avoid aloe, acv, avocado oil, coconut oil, protein and ayurvedic herbs until necessary.

If you can get your hands on collagen aminos acids, whether it's the ones you use for after workout or one targeted for joints or the ones marketed for women, they are kinda all the same and all work. I've used them all. Neither of these are targeted to help hair growth, however, it's the same proteins so it will get there. Isoplus Aminos (sports recovery AA complex for joints and muscles) are the best but a tad pricey. Derma Matrix (for skin) is my second favorite.

Thanks! I started scalp exfoliating regularly (komaza pona) about 2 months ago but I'm still shedding. Gonna re-start on the collagen but its so hard to fit into my diet (morning smoothie is vegan so I can't put it in there).

Thanks! I started scalp exfoliating regularly (komaza pona) about 2 months ago but I'm still shedding. Gonna re-start on the collagen but its so hard to fit into my diet (morning smoothie is vegan so I can't put it in there).

The scalp exfoliation I believe really helps. I keep my scalp clean for the most part (no oils or grease and my scalp doesn't like them anyway).

My collagen I just put in a water bottle in the morning.

I always knew I had a mix of coils and crinkles (s-shaped waves), but not like this. Only 5% are root-to-tip coily, the rest, 6-7" of coil on the ends and crinkles to the roots. What happened? That much of a texture change, really? No wonder my roots keep puffing up. Great, and yet another adaptation...

I am ready to get the clippers. Every gel I put in my hair has flaked. Second day hair is nonexistent. I think I will resume my previous lo po regimen with a splash of protein. My hair has never acted like this.

I am ready to get the clippers. Every gel I put in my hair has flaked. Second day hair is nonexistent. I think I will resume my previous lo po regimen with a splash of protein. My hair has never acted like this.
Oh no, that's terrible! I think resuming with your low po regime sounds like a good idea. If it's not broke, why fix it?

I always knew I had a mix of coils and crinkles (s-shaped waves), but not like this. Only 5% are root-to-tip coily, the rest, 6-7" of coil on the ends and crinkles to the roots. What happened? That much of a texture change, really? No wonder my roots keep puffing up. Great, and yet another adaptation...

This sounds like my hair! The bottom coils and the top crinkles. Except in the back where it all coils. My roots also don't want to behave. I may end up doing braidouts instead of wash n go, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

This sounds like my hair! The bottom coils and the top crinkles. Except in the back where it all coils. My roots also don't want to behave. I may end up doing braidouts instead of wash n go, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.
I may have to give them up in the future, but right now, I literally oil wash/rinse and go most days. My hair used to be 70/30 coily/crinkly and I was cool with that. It still shrinks up to my neck, regardless.

Your hair has great volume. Go flaunt it like Diana Ross, girl!

Back