Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Q-redew shortens my wash days so much :love:

Really? In what way? What is your wash day regimen?

You don't tire of having to hold it to your head, wishing that you instead had a hooded steamer under which you could sit?

How long do you hold the steamer to your hair?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Be brutally honest, is this too much shed hair (11") for only 5 days?

I am getting tired of these videos with chicks who have longer hair than I do, wash they heads once or twice a month, and have a ball smaller than this as a result.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

I am getting tired of these videos with chicks who have longer hair than I do, wash they heads once or twice a month, and have a ball smaller than this as a result.

Idk how many inches is MBL, but my knots are definitely bigger. And I wash every 7 days. I have to clean my drain thing twice and each time, it's like a ton of hair.

Basically, no. That looks fine.

YT is filled with people who want you to click and subscribe. If having one shed hair makes one wonder how, it can make one click to subscribe or to tell friends to click, wonder "how she did that?" And get them more bucks.

You're normal Sis.

angelmilk

Really? In what way? What is your wash day regimen?

You don't tire of having to hold it to your head, wishing that you instead had a hooded steamer under which you could sit?

How long do you hold the steamer to your hair?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
As of right now I'm transitioning. So, the Q-redew realllly softens my new growth during my pre-poo. Before I'd put a plastic cap on my head and sit for half an hour with the pre-poo (coconut oil and/or Vo5 conditioner). Now I just apply and place the steamer at my roots, changing positions around every 30 seconds. My new growth is butter in about 5-10 minutes. Then I just shampoo. For deep conditioning I apply the DC then run the steamer from root to tip in about 6-8 sections. Probably a minute on each section, which is a lot quicker than sitting under my dryer with DC for half an hour. But yeah I suppose a hooded steamer would be way easier. I want one but I'm going away to college in the fall.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

Some of those girls are just trying to portray a fantasy. Take yt vids with a couple of salt packets :lol: plus that looks fine to me

Anaisin

Those are not realistic lol you really think a beauty guru is going to show a bunch of shed hair? They barely show their hair 75-100% dry

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy, Did you buy anything from Soultanicals?

Hey, lady!

I'm struggling with that RIGHT now. I have a mock cart sitting there. The 40% off feels like it would be nice.

Will you buy?

My issue is that before I made the "try Soultanicals-brand-only-for-awhile" decision, in search of a great protein-free deep conditioner, I ordered the "famous" Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner. So it is hard to justify purchasing the protein-free Soultanicals DC (monoi moisture slip), despite the 40% off, rave reviews, and great ingredients.

Also, people reviewed the cowash as only lasting 2-3 washes. Eek! Not good at all: I'm trying to replace the SM hipo masque (comes in 12 ounces) as my cowash. That thing lasts and lasts me.

I can't decide if I should just purchase the leave-in and pay the $6.00 shipping fee for one product, or add the monoi DC so I can see how it does my hair. My hair sucks up product that other peoples' hair sucks up, so I don't think I should even go down that road with the cowash.

I am so annoyed with that SM CEO. Truly.

upload_2017-7-3_15-16-37.png

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Trying to decide between tourmaline ceramic and titanium flat iron. I have a ceramic flat iron (CHI) but I think I need an upgraded situation lol. Both optysound really good. Torn between babyliss nano titanium and another CHI but this time with the tourmaline blend

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
I wish I knew how to do two big cornrows and that my hair would fit in them. I have in five braids for a braidout and the back two sit on my shoulders, so I imagine two big braids would have a decent length on me.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I hope this hair-sadness (hair-slump???) ends soon. :cry3:

I want to know what my hair will look like if I do a twist-out with the Soultanicals Twist Assist and Total Recoil Butter, but I don't want to do a thing with my hair right now.

I'm starting to wonder if I need to shift my go-to style from the low-hanging puff with side bang . . . to the twist out. I'm starting to think that twist-outs got a bad rap with me because unbeknownst to me I didn't have the best styler for it: I twisted my bang with Twist Assist (just to keep it from shrinking too much), and it's juicy, elongated, and -- most importantly -- NOT tangling and shrinking (like my wash-and-go puffs do).

trueheartofgold

@YvetteWithJoy, the Darcy conditioner does have excellent reviews. I'll look out for review (if you post).

So the SM masque lasts you a long time? I see what you're saying about the usage for the cowash. Do you think getting them on sale will make up for the limited amount of uses? Soultanicals sometimes has a discount and free shipping so that would be ideal in your case now.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy, the Darcy conditioner does have excellent reviews. I'll look out for review (if you post).

So the SM masque lasts you a long time? I see what you're saying about the usage for the cowash. Do you think getting them on sale will make up for the limited amount of uses? Soultanicals sometimes has a discount and free shipping so that would be ideal in your case now.

Yes: It only takes a little bit (comparatively speaking) of the SM hipo masque to cover every stand on my head. It just sinks right in and spreads so well. It's like it was special-made for my hair or something.

I don't know if the discounts and free shipping would make it worth the cost, but I just got an email response back from Soultanicals telling me that based on how I described the SM hipo masque's performance, I should try the the Frizz Whiz leave in or Marula-Muru Moisture Guru to see if one or both give me similar results. I'm going to skip the cowash for now and get the Frizz Whiz.

I can't justify getting the Monoi DC: I just have too many DCs. I think I'm just going to get the Frizz Whiz leave in and leave it at that. Hard to do at 40% off. :(