Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I unraveled my twists this morning, got a late start because I had to finish in the car. Only one got stuck, praying for a red light. :giggle: Tried to get the offspring to help find any ones I missed; they useless ("It looks the same!")

Ten days later, hair is still smooth, soft, strong, and cool to the touch. I just hope detangling will not be a 3-hour nightmare...

trueheartofgold

I have used it. It was nice. The only leave in of theirs that was a fail for me was the honey one. I ended up with sticky hair :(
View attachment 398783

Thanks for responding! I have the collection but haven't used it yet. I saw reviews of the stickiness after I purchased them. I have fine strands so it's most likely going to do the same thing to me.

What did you end up doing with it? I don't want to throw it away because it was expensive lol

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Thanks for responding! I have the collection but haven't used it yet. I saw reviews of the stickiness after I purchased them. I have fine strands so it's most likely going to do the same thing to me.

What did you end up doing with it? I don't want to throw it away because it was expensive lol
It's still in my stash. I will probably relagate it shaving gel eventually.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
It's still in my stash. I will probably relagate it shaving gel eventually.

How does the Coconut Water Leave-in do as a detangler? How is it different from the Kinky Curly Knot Today, if at all? Have you paired it with gels? Do you feel it is one of the best leave-ins you have? TIA!

beingofserenity

The joico moisture balm is not a repurchase for me. It's not bad, just okay on my hair and does nothing to aid in detangling. I think that my hair just doesn't respond much to conditioners geared towards moisture. It responds really well to protein or cholesterol conditioners. Right now I am using the silicon conditioner and this silk elements cholesterol conditioner. I'm just going to stick to those. I will mix a little of the moisture balm in for added hydration, but my base going forward will be protein or cholesterol.

Evolving78

The joico moisture balm is not a repurchase for me. It's not bad, just okay on my hair and does nothing to aid in detangling. I think that my hair just doesn't respond much to conditioners geared towards moisture. It responds really well to protein or cholesterol conditioners. Right now I am using the silicon conditioner and this silk elements cholesterol conditioner. I'm just going to stick to those. I will mix a little of the moisture balm in for added hydration, but my base going forward will be protein or cholesterol.
That balm acts like a protein on my hair. I'm glad you found some conditioners that are working for your hair!

beingofserenity

That balm acts like a protein on my hair. I'm glad you found some conditioners that are working for your hair!

That's funny! I heard that it has protein but maybe it doesn't have enough for my hair. With my other protein conditioners, my hair detangles itself. Joico does none of that for me, unfortunately. I really thought I was doing something purchasing 8 oz for $20.

Evolving78

That's funny! I heard that it has protein but maybe it doesn't have enough for my hair. With my other protein conditioners, my hair detangles itself. Joico does none of that for me, unfortunately. I really thought I was doing something purchasing 8 oz for $20.
Girl that's as bad as when I spent $60 on that Wen conditioning cleanser and it stripped my hair! But Yeah I really gotta be careful with the protein. I'm mad at that ecostyler gel. It really jacked me up. Plus, I was doing protein treatments due to the color. My hair was just dry as ever!

I used to use cholesterol conditioners years ago and stopped. I don't even remember how it made my hair feel.

So would you say you have high porosity hair?

beingofserenity

Girl that's as bad as when I spent $60 on that Wen conditioning cleanser and it stripped my hair! But Yeah I really gotta be careful with the protein. I'm mad at that ecostyler gel. It really jacked me up. Plus, I was doing protein treatments due to the color. My hair was just dry as ever!

I used to use cholesterol conditioners years ago and stopped. I don't even remember how it made my hair feel.

So would you say you have high porosity hair?

I would say I have normal to low porosity. My hair takes a long time to dry and doesn't get wet imnediately. It also doesn t need a lot of product to be moisturized.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My hair is so dense that sectioning is work! Goodness!

Yesterday it helped immensely to off the rip section off the back/bottom of my hair and then treat the rest of my hair like IT ITSELF was my hair of head. So, I sectioned IT into 4 sections, etc., etc.

Goodness.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The owner of NaturalleGrow was kind enough to make a sample of her Banana Coconut Pre-poo available. I'm down to my last jar of Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-seal Masque. :cry3:It's time to find a replacement. I praaaaaaaaaaay this pre-poo works similarly to the SM masque. :pray:

imaginary

I'm planning to keep these box braids in for a while, so I'm gonna have to redo the perimeter and crown in another 2 weeks I think.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I just cut some of my hair taking this sew in out. No more nets and possibly no more sew ins. Now I have to start all over. It hasn't even been a month yet :cry3::cry3:

beingofserenity

I want to relax sort of. The only thing stopping me is family and friends. Snd fear if regret. SMH, I can never stick to one. I'm addicted to change and putting chemicals in my hair. Over the last 10 years, I've gone back and forth every 2 years. My problem is I can't stick with an option. So, as a compromise, I've been trying to burn my hair straighter.

Truthfully, I don't really want relaxed hair, just easier, less coily and shrink hair. The front of my hair has already loosened up a lot and it's like a dream to comb through. I just have to continue blow drying and flat ironing on high heat every two weeks or so. By the end of the year, my hair will be a lot different. :hair:

Evolving78

Back to square one, it seems like in more ways than one in my life. I really feel like crying now.
I'm giving you a hug! I'm sorry about your hair, but it will grow back. I had some hair ripped out, so I had to cut the rest of it. Is it just a small section? Maybe you can get a layered cut to blend it?

And hopefully things will get better! Let's just finish out this month strong..

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Back to square one, it seems like in more ways than one in my life. I really feel like crying now.

Hugs. I totally get your feelings.

Maybe you'll cut it to even it, and maybe that will spur a healthy length-retaining span of time. Maybe the cut will be super cute and sexy and result in a cute, young buck deciding to approach you.

I'm just sayin': God works in mysterious ways. His thoughts are above our thoughts. He works all things to the good of those who are called and love Him. Phil 4:8 tells us to think on what is lovely. Potential cute, young buck that appreciates shorter, sassy, sexy hair? :yep: Lovely! :lol:

ItsMeLilLucky

Hugs. I totally get your feelings.

Maybe you'll cut it to even it, and maybe that will spur a healthy length-retaining span of time. Maybe the cut will be super cute and sexy and result in a cute, young buck deciding to approach you.

I'm just sayin': God works in mysterious ways. His thoughts are above our thoughts. He works all things to the good of those who are called and love Him. Phil 4:8 tells us to think on what is lovely. Potential cute, young buck that appreciates shorter, sassy, sexy hair? :yep: Lovely! :lol:
:bighug:
Thanks love, although I'm gonna lay off dating for a bit. A young buck just broke my heart.

ItsMeLilLucky

I'm giving you a hug! I'm sorry about your hair, but it will grow back. I had some hair ripped out, so I had to cut the rest of it. Is it just a small section? Maybe you can get a layered cut to blend it?

And hopefully things will get better! Let's just finish out this month strong..
:bighug:
Thanks love I haven't washed my hair yet, so I can't tell how much is missing. If it's not too bad, I think I'm gonna just bun and braid it.