Questions Please...To Those Who Self-Relax / Texlax

TwistNMx

As I'm weighing all options of what will work best for my hair, I've seen some of you whose hair is well maintained and healthy, so I would like to know if you don't mind if you self-relax.

I would like to know if you self relax....??

What is the length of your hair?

What advice would you have on prevention of breakage?

What made you decide to relax?

Do you find your hair easier to deal with relaxed?

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight?

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)?

How long have you been self relaxing?

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others?

How is this brand working for you?

Do you use the kit or the pre-mixed tub?

What do you feel has contributed to the health and strength of your hair?

Do you henna? If so what type do you use?

I know that these are a lot of questions, but as always I appreciate input here at LHCF
Thanks & Blessings,
HP

*Muffin*

Hi! I don't self-relax on a regular basis, but I've done it before, so I hope my answers help:

I would like to know if you self relax....?? Rarely, but I've done it before.

What is the length of your hair? It's APL (maybe a little past).

What advice would you have on prevention of breakage? During the relaxer process? Make sure you coat your previously relaxed parts with conditioner and/or oil so that they don't get over processed. Also, relax your edges last.

What made you decide to relax? It was easier for my parents to manage.

Do you find your hair easier to deal with relaxed? I haven't had natural hair since I was a little girl, but it was pretty easy to manage for my mother. My relaxed hair is also really easy to manage, so I think they're both equal.

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight? Totally straight

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)?

How long have you been self relaxing? Just occasionally.

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others? I like to use Soft and Beautiful. It's really gentle and it doesn't over-process (especially after I mix some coconut oil with it). My second favorite is African Pride.

How is this brand working for you? Great

Do you use the kit or the pre-mixed tub? Kit

What do you feel has contributed to the health and strength of your hair? Stretching relaxers for three months, only applying relaxer to the new growth, using a protein reconstructor every week for one month after the relaxing process, only using regular to wide-toothed combs, not shampooing it with harsh detergents, regular conditioning, low manipulation, wearing a satin scarf when I sleep and overall just being sensitive to it's needs at the moment.

Do you henna? If so what type do you use? Yes. I use Jamila Henna Body Art Quality Henna every month or so.

Last edited:

newflowers

Yes. I've been relaxed at salons before - it's always been bad.

When I discovered this board last year this time, I had two breaking jagged inches; a year later, my hair is ann inch from shoulder length, strong, shiny, healthy.

Experimenting to discover and learn what my protein moisture balance is has made a significant difference for me. Though I've tried several protein treatments, using silk amino acids, silk peptide powder, and hydrolyzed wheat protein blended into my condition works best to keep my hair strong and shiny. Cowashing regularly, deep conditioning twice a week, using a moisture-based leave-in, and sealing my ends with a blend of castor and camellia oil means no breakage.

My mother relaxed my hair for the first time when I was a teenage - maybe about 13/14 or so. I've been relaxed since that time. This past summer, my hair was natural, and I relaxed again because it is easier for me to take care of.

Absolutely.

Totally straight

Since about age 16ish.

I use Phytospecific Index II. It straightens my hair without over or under processing and leaves it with good body.

Phytospecifc relaxer works very well for me. I've tried others, it;s never been a good thing.

Phytospecific relaxer comes in a kit.

Consistent care and the products I use.

No -I really would like to try henna, but I do not wish to change the color of my hair.

TwistNMx

:thankyou:
Thank you for sharing ccmuffingirl and newflowers.
I was looking to relax with the Silk Elements product.
The lady at Sallys just recommended the tub, however the relaxing time I think is less so you'd have to work quicker (9 minutes to be exact) "on 100% virgin hair", and I haven't relaxed my own hair for about 10 years. I've had the most negative experiences with hair salons, so newflowers, I totally understand. This is what lead me to LHCF in the first place.
Why did I listen to her :wallbash: it did not sink in until over-night. She said she's an x-hairdresser. That should've been a red flag right there. 9 minutes is not a lot of time from the point of application and I don't want to burn my hair out.
I don't know if it's for me, so I'm returning it today.

Any other replies would be appreciated...even if in part. :yep:

tryingto

I would like to know if you self relax....?? yes

What is the length of your hair? shoulder length

What advice would you have on prevention of breakage? take your time,

What made you decide to relax? professional was overprocessing my hair

Do you find your hair easier to deal with relaxed? no

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight? texlax

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)? 10 mins from start to finish

How long have you been self relaxing? 1 year

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others? ORS
How is this brand working for you? WONDERFULLY

Do you use the kit or the pre-mixed tub? KIT

What do you feel has contributed to the health and strength of your hair? SELF RELAXING, TELAXING,DEEP CONDITIONING, TRIMMING

Do you henna? If so what type do you use? YES, JAMILIA

TwistNMx

Thanks tryingto,
And your hair looks great by the way.
About the ORS...I kept looking at that one and also one of the Silken Child kits.
The ORS with Olive Oil...I think it was seemed interesting. I know that a lot of people have good experience with the ORS Mayo.
Why do you find that your hair isn't easier to deal with now though?
I think it looks healthy. :yep:

lana

As I'm weighing all options of what will work best for my hair, I've seen some of you whose hair is well maintained and healthy, so I would like to know if you don't mind if you self-relax.
I would like to know if you self relax....?? Yes I self texlax and I have done 4 texlax's so far. One didn't take (lol) so I'm not sure if that counts. It's been almost a year next month. :)

What is the length of your hair? I'm two inches above APL...I'm almost there man!

What advice would you have on prevention of breakage? I would suggest washing your hair as soon as your scalp tells you it's time - by itching. I would also suggest that water is our friend. (lol) Also low heat, low manipulation and moisture is key! I use reconstructors on my hair, but I stay away from hard protein treatments, because my hair seems to be thriving with this routine.

What made you decide to relax? I decided to texlax because my natural hair was breaking from too much manipulation. I was pressing it straight with the MG on a bi-weekly basis and my hair stayed the same length for like forever! The second I texlaxed it started maintaining length and show growth! My hair had always been growing, it was just breaking as fast as it was growing. I'm a 4a/b and let me tell you - that is some kinda hair!

Do you find your hair easier to deal with relaxed? I find my hair "different" to deal with texlaxed. I'm still careful of breakage, detangling especially is key for me. I have to treat my hair delicately no matter what I'm doing with it i.e. natural, pressed, relaxed, texlaxed.

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight? I texlax, this means that I mix conditioner and relaxer (Mizani Sensitive Scalp) together with the activator and apply to my new growth only for five minutes, no smoothing. This loosens my texture, but it does not straighten it completely and I'm left with thick hair.

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)? I literally put the relaxer in and take it right out within 5-7 minutes. I start rinsing at the part that I put the relaxer in first, usually the middle of my head.

How long have you been self texlaxing? It's been a year next month!

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others? I use Mizani sensitive scalp relaxer. I love this stuff. It smells great, goes on easily, rinses out quickly, doesn't sting, straightens just enough to give me that texlaxed look and it's not tooooo bad on price.

How is this brand working for you? Just fine. I wouldn't think of changing anyways, because I believe in sticking with what works.

Do you use the kit or the pre-mixed tub? I used a little tub, but you have to mix the activator yourself. I then add my conditioner, usually M&T Conditioner and a little oil. I mix all the way through and rapidly apply. I use my fingers to apply, I know I shouldn't but I figure that's the only way I won't overlap. I wear gloves...sometimes

What do you feel has contributed to the health and strength of your hair? LHCF – and taking my Miracle 2000 vitamin. Oh and drinking a lot of water. Drinking water should not be left off this list.

Do you henna? If so what type do you use? No I don’t henna. But more power to those who do.

I hope that helps.

tapioca_pudding

What is the length of your hair? Right now it's about nape length...

What advice would you have on prevention of breakage? Avoid excessive heat (more than once a week), pay attention to your protein/moisture balance, keep hair protected at night.

What made you decide to relax? Never was really given a choice. My mom started relaxing us when we were younger and I've just stuck w/ it.

Do you find your hair easier to deal with relaxed? Yup.

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight? Totally straight but not 100%. I say like 95%. :)

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)? N/A

How long have you been self relaxing? I've only had my hair professionally relaxed maybe 5 times in my life. So I pretty much do it myself totally.

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others? This last time I used Design Essentials Cream Relaxer. I liked it alot, much better than Mizani.

How is this brand working for you? ^^^

Do you use the kit or the pre-mixed tub? Premixed tub.

What do you feel has contributed to the health and strength of your hair? The things mentioned above, plus finding products that work for my hair, learning what my hair needs/wants and basically just leaving my hair alone most of the time.

Do you henna? If so what type do you use? Not regularly, but I have done it in the past. I used Jamila henna.

♦K.O♦

I would like to know if you self relax....?? Yes, I do.

What is the length of your hair? I've at this length for a while, but my hair is bottom of BSL or a little past.

What advice would you have on prevention of breakage? Maintain that moisture/protein balance with proper and regular conditioning.

What made you decide to relax? Makes the hair easier to manage.

Do you find your hair easier to deal with relaxed? Definitely.

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight? Texlax

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)? Hmmmm, about 12-15 minutes.

How long have you been self relaxing? I transitioned from bone straight to texlaxed 2 or so years ago

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others? Profectiv No-Lye Regular. It's gentle, moisturizing, and works well with whatever you wanna do... texlax or bone straight.

How is this brand working for you? pretty well.

Do you use the kit or the pre-mixed tub? The kit. You mix the two cremes together. I also apply keraphix immediately after my relaxer. It helps to keep the texture even more.

What do you feel has contributed to the health and strength of your hair? Good products and minimally damaging hair practices.

Do you henna? If so what type do you use? Body art quality henna from mehandi.com

*Muffin*

:thankyou:
Thank you for sharing ccmuffingirl and newflowers.
I was looking to relax with the Silk Elements product.
The lady at Sallys just recommended the tub, however the relaxing time I think is less so you'd have to work quicker (9 minutes to be exact) "on 100% virgin hair", and I haven't relaxed my own hair for about 10 years. I've had the most negative experiences with hair salons, so newflowers, I totally understand. This is what lead me to LHCF in the first place.
Why did I listen to her :wallbash: it did not sink in until over-night. She said she's an x-hairdresser. That should've been a red flag right there. 9 minutes is not a lot of time from the point of application and I don't want to burn my hair out.
I don't know if it's for me, so I'm returning it today.

Any other replies would be appreciated...even if in part. :yep:

I hate salons, too. I've gone to a salon maybe once or twice to get my hair relaxed, and it was always a bad experience. Usually I get my hair relaxed by a family member (and it's much cheaper!) If they aren't able to do it, then I just do it myself.

prettypuff1

just reached APl
don't overlap relaxer on to relaxed hair.. try to only get the new growth
As someone once told me, I will be the only one messing up this head of hair
i sure do, i have less knots in my hair
i was texlaxed now i am going to some happy medium
maybe 10 minutes total
i just did it for the first time... and i am hooked
i used botanicals the last time and it was great.. No burning at all

I am not that good for the tub. so i use the kit
Not relaxing as often, keeping it moisterized, minimal heat, no mineral oil
I can;t get with the henna..... But i may start

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83

Yes and have been since I was 14
past BSL
don't overprocess, keep your hair moisturized, stay away from direct heat
...my momma j/k
yes
i'm almost bone straight...i think...
N/A
since I was 14 yrs old. relaxing properly...the past 2 years
Silk Elements, it seems to be a little more gentle

I like it alot
I use a lye relaxer, so it's pre-mixed
moisture and protein balance
YES!!! I have used the jamila and rajasthani brands

I know that these are a lot of questions, but as always I appreciate input here at LHCF
Thanks & Blessings,
HP

Happy hair growing!:grin:

IntoMyhair

I would like to know if you self relax....?? Yes

What is the length of your hair? I really don't no lol between SL and AP

What advice would you have on prevention of breakage? cowash often with a moist con and deep con with a most con

What made you decide to relax? I have been relaxing my own hair since early teen years

Do you find your hair easier to deal with relaxed? I quess never dealt with natural

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight? Now tex-lax

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)? I don't time it I put it on smooth each section do eadges and nape than wash out

How long have you been self relaxing? Since early teen years

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others? I always use optimun care antibreakage regular

How is this brand working for you? For my hair type it's good for tex-laxing

What do you feel has contributed to the health and strength of your hair? This site lol

Thanks & Blessings,
HP

My hair type is 4a/b

TwistNMx

Great thread, HP! I hope U find the answers U seek!
:wave: Hi Girlie,
Thanks. I'm just trying to figure it all out ya know. :yep:
Besides, it's good to see what other people like as a reference because everything out there isn't good. But ultimately I know that I'm going to decide in the end.
HP

TwistNMx

just reached APl
Congrats.
don't overlap relaxer on to relaxed hair.. try to only get the new growth
Thank you. I wish I knew this years ago...way before LHCF. :yep:
As someone once told me, I will be the only one messing up this head of hair
Over the years so-called pro stylists have done sooo much damage to my hair. Armed with all that I've learned now and throughout my hair journey I have more knowledge. I figure if my hair is going to be "messed up" (not that I do)...I'll do it myself. In other words, I can only do it better!
i sure do, i have less knots in my hair
Until recently, knots have been an issue with me also. It's like my hair type changed or something and I just can't handle it anymore.
I've been 100% natural since the end of 2002
i was texlaxed now i am going to some happy medium
maybe 10 minutes total
i just did it for the first time... and i am hooked
I understand. :yep:
i used botanicals the last time and it was great.. No burning at all

I am not that good for the tub. so i use the kit
Not relaxing as often, keeping it moisterized, minimal heat, no mineral oil
Good point.
I can;t get with the henna..... But i may start
Thanks for your answers.

Last edited:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Thank you qtslim83
And it's good to know that you use SE. :yep:
Do you mix any oils with it or just use it straight?
HP

I use it straight. I tried mixing it w/ olive oil the last time and it left me under processed in some areas. I also got really bad scalp burns which hasn't happened since I switched to lye.:nono:

TwistNMx

Originally Posted by High Priestess

I would like to know if you self relax....?? Yes

What is the length of your hair? I really don't no lol between SL and AP

It sounds like you have nice length. :yep:

What advice would you have on prevention of breakage? cowash often with a moist con and deep con with a most con

I totally agree with you.

What made you decide to relax? I have been relaxing my own hair since early teen years
I started young also and when I think about it even though I did not know about overlapping at the time I think my real problems began when I went to stylists.
Do you find your hair easier to deal with relaxed? I quess never dealt with natural
IMO, you aren't missing anything great. Hey, personally I don't believe people who are a part of the "happy to be nappy" crew.

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight? Now tex-lax

I wonder how you wear your hair when it's texlaxd.

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)? I don't time it I put it on smooth each section do eadges and nape than wash out

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others? I always use optimun care antibreakage regular

I was looking at this one also. I was sort of skeptical because I wondered why only this product would have the "antibreakage". It sounded good though.

How is this brand working for you? For my hair type it's good for tex-laxing

What do you feel has contributed to the health and strength of your hair? This site lol
:yep: Isn't LCHF wonderful. I've met some awesome people here. It's all about helping each other.

Thank you for your input.

prospurr4

Yes, I do.

Brastrap length

Avoid direct heat, cover hair at bedtime, DC regularly, handle hair gently and moisturize daily

To make styling my hair easier

Absolutely!:yep:

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight? Texlax

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)? 15 minutes maximum

Since the age of 20

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others? Revlon Realistic Regular Lye

How is this brand working for you? I've use this for MANY years and have had great success with it.

Do you use the kit or the pre-mixed tub? Pre-mixed tub

Maintain balance of protein and moisture, avoiding direct heat and regular deep conditioning

Do you henna? If so what type do you use? No

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

-Yeppers

-Almost APL

-Lots of conditioning

-I've been relaxed for as long as I can remember, so I just keep doing it

-I've never had natural hair, so I don't know. My dh is natural and his hair is thick and difficult. My two dd's are natural and I don't really have any problems with their hair besides dryness. Compared to them, I would say my hair's easiest

-I relax bone straight

N/A

-Oh man, a long time. Maybe since I was 12-13

-I've used all kinds, never really stuck to one. I liked Dr.Miracles relaxer and Botanicals, but not enough to stick to them

N/A

-Kit

-Stretching relaxers, co-washing, keeping my routine simple

-Nope, I wanted to, but I'm too lazy

HTH! :grin:

Last edited:

prettypuff1

Thanks for your answers.
Constant knots was one reason why i went back to relaxing.. I just could not deal with all of them. I went natural in 2004 and there were soo many of them, and i would comb my hair and it would just break like nothing..... I like being relaxed again.....

poookie

- yup!

- as a whole, it's shoulder length, but i've got a couple of strands that are APL (i need a trim)

- do a strand test. take a shed hair, and pull it gently. if it snaps immediately, with little stretching, increase moisture.
if it stretches, and stretches, and stretches, and THEN snaps, increase protein. if you pull gently, and it feels very strong, stretches a bit but holds its shape, then your strands are healthy, but decrease manipulation.

- i didn't want to pay $85 for some idiot to do it. the lady at the salon on campus chopped off 4 inches of my hair without asking last time i went, plus the only combs she uses are fine toothed.

- absolutely. although finding the balance between protein and moisture can be difficult sometimes.

- i relax with the intention of going bone straight, but i always wash it out too soon, and i miss some places, so for the most part its texlaxed.

- for me, i leave it in for about 10 minutes when i still want defined waves.

- did it for the first time on october 12, 2007, and i'll be doing it for the rest of my life!

- last time i used ORS olive oil no-lye, and it turned out very nicely.

- i like how it turned out, but i'm switching to lye, because i heard it helps maintain moisture in your hair better.

- last time was the kit, but i've got a pre mixed tub of Hawaiian Silky Lye Relaxer that i'm going to use next time.

- my low manipulation (i never use a comb on my hair, and i only detangle every 3 days when i wash)
- finding the right products with the right amounts of protein and or moisture
- AVOIDING DIRECT HEAT!

- i sure do! i use Jamila henna (bought it from mehandiskinart.com <-- took over a month to ship here, though... be careful when buying online from out of the country!). the dye takes forever to release, but i like the result.

TwistNMx

First off,:welcome:to LHCF.
I really appreciate you taking time to answer my questions. Your hair is very nice.

- yup!

- as a whole, it's shoulder length, but i've got a couple of strands that are APL (i need a trim)
Do you usually trim before or after your relaxer?

- do a strand test. take a shed hair, and pull it gently. if it snaps immediately, with little stretching, increase moisture.
if it stretches, and stretches, and stretches, and THEN snaps, increase protein. if you pull gently, and it feels very strong, stretches a bit but holds its shape, then your strands are healthy, but decrease manipulation.
Thanks for the reminder. I will do a test. It's really interesting how you explain the rest. :yep: I appreciate you giving me the analogy of the strands and all ...what to look for. :yep:

- i didn't want to pay $85 for some idiot to do it. the lady at the salon on campus chopped off 4 inches of my hair without asking last time i went, plus the only combs she uses are fine toothed.
LOL :lachen:They are idiots.
Yeah, I know where you're coming from though. They always manage to chop off more than they're supposed to...then "you" have to wear it that way while they laugh all the way to the bank! It sucks!

- absolutely. although finding the balance between protein and moisture can be difficult sometimes.
I'll keep that in mind.

- i relax with the intention of going bone straight, but i always wash it out too soon, and i miss some places, so for the most part its texlaxed.

- for me, i leave it in for about 10 minutes when i still want defined waves.

- did it for the first time on october 12, 2007, and i'll be doing it for the rest of my life!

- last time i used ORS olive oil no-lye, and it turned out very nicely.
Well so far, I keep hearing good things about ORS. :yep:
- i like how it turned out, but i'm switching to lye, because i heard it helps maintain moisture in your hair better.

- last time was the kit, but i've got a pre mixed tub of Hawaiian Silky Lye Relaxer that i'm going to use next time.

- my low manipulation (i never use a comb on my hair, and i only detangle every 3 days when i wash)
- finding the right products with the right amounts of protein and or moisture
- AVOIDING DIRECT HEAT!

- i sure do! i use Jamila henna (bought it from mehandiskinart.com <-- took over a month to ship here, though... be careful when buying online from out of the country!). the dye takes forever to release, but i like the result.

Thanks for the warning. I have a few indian stores I visit. They aren't very close, but I stock up when in the area. I keep hearing about the Jamila though and may want to try it.
HP

TwistNMx

I would like to know if you self relax....?? Yes I self texlax and I have done 4 texlax's so far. One didn't take (lol) so I'm not sure if that counts. It's been almost a year next month. :)

What is the length of your hair? I'm two inches above APL...I'm almost there man!

What advice would you have on prevention of breakage? I would suggest washing your hair as soon as your scalp tells you it's time - by itching. I would also suggest that water is our friend. (lol) Also low heat, low manipulation and moisture is key! I use reconstructors on my hair, but I stay away from hard protein treatments, because my hair seems to be thriving with this routine.

What made you decide to relax? I decided to texlax because my natural hair was breaking from too much manipulation. I was pressing it straight with the MG on a bi-weekly basis and my hair stayed the same length for like forever! The second I texlaxed it started maintaining length and show growth! My hair had always been growing, it was just breaking as fast as it was growing. I'm a 4a/b and let me tell you - that is some kinda hair!

Do you find your hair easier to deal with relaxed? I find my hair "different" to deal with texlaxed. I'm still careful of breakage, detangling especially is key for me. I have to treat my hair delicately no matter what I'm doing with it i.e. natural, pressed, relaxed, texlaxed.

Do you just tex-lax or go totally straight? I texlax, this means that I mix conditioner and relaxer (Mizani Sensitive Scalp) together with the activator and apply to my new growth only for five minutes, no smoothing. This loosens my texture, but it does not straighten it completely and I'm left with thick hair.

If you texlax, how long do you leave the relaxer in before rinsing out (including start time)? I literally put the relaxer in and take it right out within 5-7 minutes. I start rinsing at the part that I put the relaxer in first, usually the middle of my head.

How long have you been self texlaxing? It's been a year next month!

What brand relaxer do you use and do you feel it's worked better than others? I use Mizani sensitive scalp relaxer. I love this stuff. It smells great, goes on easily, rinses out quickly, doesn't sting, straightens just enough to give me that texlaxed look and it's not tooooo bad on price.

How is this brand working for you? Just fine. I wouldn't think of changing anyways, because I believe in sticking with what works.

Do you use the kit or the pre-mixed tub? I used a little tub, but you have to mix the activator yourself. I then add my conditioner, usually M&T Conditioner and a little oil. I mix all the way through and rapidly apply. I use my fingers to apply, I know I shouldn't but I figure that's the only way I won't overlap. I wear gloves...sometimes

What do you feel has contributed to the health and strength of your hair? LHCF – and taking my Miracle 2000 vitamin. Oh and drinking a lot of water. Drinking water should not be left off this list.

Do you henna? If so what type do you use? No I don’t henna. But more power to those who do.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for your input. Do you happen to have any pictures of how your hair looks after your texlaxing procedure?
HP

TwistNMx

Constant knots was one reason why i went back to relaxing.. I just could not deal with all of them. I went natural in 2004 and there were soo many of them, and i would comb my hair and it would just break like nothing..... I like being relaxed again.....
I've finally gained some length here and it's like my hair type has suddenly changed. I notice my hair popping off from tese knots also. :yep:

TwistNMx

-Yeppers

-Almost APL

-Lots of conditioning

-I've been relaxed for as long as I can remember, so I just keep doing it

-I've never had natural hair, so I don't know. My dh is natural and his hair is thick and difficult. My two dd's are natural and I don't really have any problems with their hair besides dryness. Compared to them, I would say my hair's easiest

-I relax bone straight

N/A

-Oh man, a long time. Maybe since I was 12-13

-I've used all kinds, never really stuck to one. I liked Dr.Miracles relaxer and Botanicals, but not enough to stick to them

Yea, I heard that the Dr.Miracles was not very good.

N/A

-Kit

-Stretching relaxers, co-washing, keeping my routine simple

-Nope, I wanted to, but I'm too lazy

HTH! :grin:
Thanks ;-)