Question for the rollersetters...

SandySea

Hi ladies,

Just one quick question. I have recently started rollersetting again ,but I'm having one problem---I don't know what size rollers to use. What I want is a loose set that will have body but not a lot of curl. I used to be able to acheive this look with rollers, but I can't seem to find the right roller size combination to do this. Every time I roll my hair I end up with curly hair that looks about a third of the length of my hair. Any advice on how to get a more sleek look using rollers?

ms_kenesha

I'd say use the Orange or Purple Rollers for your length hair, you may even want to use the gray in some areas, but it's hard to get under the dryer.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
For me I guessumated the size of roller by calculating the radius squared times pi. That would give me the circumference of the roller and I usually get on that is slightly smaller than my hair length. For me a good portion can fit the grey roller and the rest would fir the red and smaller rollers.

KAddy

ms_kenesha said:
I'd say use the Orange or Purple Rollers for your length hair, you may even want to use the gray in some areas, but it's hard to get under the dryer.

I would echo what Ms_K says, but not the orange (which I think I always call red). I would say the purple or gray.

webby

Think Slim
I would go with 2 inch rollers, if you can wrap hair around rollers at least twice.

skegeesmb

At your length. I would use grey and purple rollers. I would use purple for the sides and edges, and I would use grey for the crown area like a mohawk.

hOnii

since you dont want a lot of curl, i would say red. maybe the next smallest size if your hair isnt long enough to go around the roller about 2 1/2 times.