Will Caruso's give a loose wave?

kking7777

If I use the caruso rollers will they give a loose wave on dry hair? If so how should I apply the roller to acheive this look?

Isis

I'm wearing a loose wave in my avatar, made with Caruso rollers. I wound locks of hair around each large-sized roller (using end papers) like a spiral and left them in for only 10 minutes.

ETA:

They lasted all day and the next until I braided my hair up.

Last edited:

Isis

kking7777 said:
thanks! i would like to try it on flat ironed hair... will it frizz using carusos?
It won't frizz if one follows the directions (shaking out excess moisture with each roller) and using end papers seem to make it smoother also. My hair doesn't start out straight to begin with but perhaps some of the ladies here have used Carusos on flat ironed hair.

czyfaith77

That beautiful Isis :) . Another way to get the wave is if you have relaxed or flat iron hair is to line roller of the same size down the shaft of the hair. What I mean is starting about an inch from the root clamp a roll in place (not rolling it) and clamping another until you reach the end. It takes alot of rollers to me but the effect is really pretty. I remember seeing this on the infomercial when Caruso first came out years ago back in the early 90's (the ones you had to add salt to). What I liked about it was that you could select the wave by the size roller and it gave deep waves like you had a huge waving iron.

BTW. you can also just use the old method which can give you similiar results which is to cornrow loosely and roll the ends on a roller. That is how one of the other ladies does hers. I am always in her album. Her picture is in her avatar.

Last edited:

Isis

czyfaith77 said:
That beautiful Isis :) . Another way to get the wave is if you have relaxed or flat iron hair is to line roller of the same size down the shaft of the hair. What I mean is starting about an inch from the root clamp a roll in place (not rolling it) and clamping another until you reach the end. It takes alot of rollers to me but the effect is really pretty. I remember seeing this on the infomercial when Caruso first came out years ago back in the early 90's (the ones you had to add salt to). What I liked about it was that you could select the wave by the size roller and it gave deep waves like you had a huge waving iron.

BTW. you can also just use the old method which can give you similiar results which is to cornrow loosely and roll the ends on a roller. That is how one of the other ladies does hers. I am always in her album. Her picture is in her avatar.

Thanks Czyfaith77 and thanks for sharing that wave technique! I don't remember this one and I don't think the instructions were in the old Caruso booklet. I just tried it using large rollers and it works! The waves are very loose and pretty, looser than my avatar after 10 minutes.:)

ETA:
It's even faster than rolling up the hair! I'm going to do this all over my head tomorrow. :yep:

Last edited:

amy1234

czyfaith77 said:

oooohhh, thanks for the tip!!

Geeze, that's a great idea! I never thought of that. And it has to be faster and you'd also end up with looser wave/curl. One of my cons for Caruso is that the curls can often be tighter than what I like. I never complained because I was able to avoid heat. But, this wave technique sounds perfect for a little lift and a curled end! Thanks

kking7777

CZY faith77 what is the members name that shows pics of the cornrow on the caruso roller? I would love to see it..

Thanks

Dee-Licious

czyfaith77 said:

Cute idea. I'll be trying this soon.

sunshinebeautiful

czyfaith77 said:

Can someone provide a visual of this? I'm having trouble picturing how to do the set.