QUESTION ABOUT YARN BRAIDS

SILKY22

I did a search on this and still didnt find an answer. I've been seeing all these beautiful yarn braids and im thinking about doing me some. All the tutorials that I've watched has been on natural hair. Im relaxed with about 14 weeks of new growth. And i was wondering if i do some yarn braids would my hair still be protected and would it take properly without slipping. I just dont want it to be a disaster so i figured ill asked before i experiment and it be a hot mess :grin: thanks in advance

My dd had about the same amount of ng you have. She had a little bit of slippage but I don't braid very tight. Every couple days i had her spray her hair with scurl. When we took the braids out, her hair was very moisturized.

HTH

My dd had about the same amount of ng you have. She had a little bit of slippage but I don't braid very tight. Every couple days i had her spray her hair with scurl. When we took the braids out, her hair was very moisturized.

Thank you so much.. Did she have any breakage? did she have alot of growth.. My hair is brown but im kind of worried because i dont know if it'll look funny lol

My dd's hair is brn too. No breakage, make sure when you buy the yarn it says acrylic. Wool locks to your hair quickly. She did get some growth but it was hard to tell since there was slippage.

b31c166b.jpg

776a776d.jpg

Those are the second set. I did them as twist and was to lazy to do anything to the ends so i just tied them in a knot, she liked them.

yarn2.jpg
yarn5.jpg

This is the 1st set.

Thank you so much.. Did she have any breakage? did she have alot of growth.. My hair is brown but im kind of worried because i dont know if it'll look funny lol

Back