Ladies who have done yarn braids

NaturalPath

How was the take down process?

I have been experiencing with installing a few yarn braids here and there that way when I do install them ill know what kind of method is the best. When I do put these yarn braids in my hair I notice the unravel part to be a bit difficult.

So please share some insight :grin:

Gigi-07

Well, when I used to do yarn braids, it actually seemed less difficult to take down than, say, kanekalon braids for instance, because you're not working through as many strands= less detangling needed.
Are you natural or relaxed? I did them when I was both, and take down as a natural was more difficult only because of the curly ends that wrapped around the yarn more (I hope I'm making sense).
I would suggest, regardless of whether or not you're natural or relaxed, to soak the braids in oil immediately before taking them down first. It helps the yarn to slip off the hair more easily and to unravel better, for me at least.
Otherwise, I would treat it as I would any other braid take down process.

ycj1

I could'nt said it better myself. Also, when I take mine down (I'm transitioning) I find when I use the Avocado Mist at the base of the braid it's easy to take down as well. It's a great detangler for unmatting the braids.

You have to be gentle in the take down unraval method too. I normally just spray the mist on and rub the hair together gentley as possible and pull the hair apart with ease.

NaturalPath

Thanks for your responses. I am natural and I did notice that just by taking the 3 braids I put in that the hair wraps around. I have only worn braids once in my life (kinky twists), if I do install my whole head Ill definitely take both of your suggestions.