Removing Yarn Braids

tmhuggiebear

HI Everyone,

I got some yarn braids put in about two months ago and it's time for me take them out. I'm wondering if anyone can provide me with some tips when taking them out as I've never had braids before.

Anything I should know before I start taking these yarn braids out?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Drench your braids in conditioner or some other slippy product before you start to take them out. This is a good way to use up products you don't like that are taking up space.

I normally part my hair into 6 sections before I take my braids out and use an elastic to secure each section. Once a section is taken down I first detangle with my fingers and then a denman brush. Then loosely twist or bantu the detangled hair to keep it out of the way when I move to the next section.

If you try to detangle a head full of dry freshly taken down braids, you will have a giant knot to deal with.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I do exactly as crackers so I have no further advice but I entered this thread to approach the throne of grace and pray for you cause giiirllll....yarn braids are terrible to remove. Last time I did it I ended up cutting out parts of my hair.
I'd do yarn twists next time.
Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

tmhuggiebear

I do exactly as crackers so I have no further advice but I entered this thread to approach the throne of grace and pray for you cause giiirllll....yarn braids are terrible to remove. Last time I did it I ended up cutting out parts of my hair.
I'd do yarn twists next time.
Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you for the prayers. I definitely need it. I will report back once I'm done. I plan to tackle this in the morning!