Question about relaxing virgin hair and length

W

wantlongerhairnow

Hello ladies,:wave:

I normally lurk, but I do have a question. I also want to thank you in advance , this board is a wonderful resource.

I have virgin hair, and I have not had a relaxer in seven years. I gave up relaxers because, at the time, I thought they were killing my hair breakage wise and not seeing alot of growth. But since going natural and reading this board and another board, I now understand I really did not know how to care for my hair in its relaxed state which was probably 90% of the problem. I have very fine thin hair lots of 3c and 4a only the middle is 4b, and the back is something not on the chart its virtually straight. As far as length at the top of my head I can stretch the hair to my arm pits easily, and the back stretches past my bra strap. I am currently considering relaxing again, if I were to relax is the the length that I can currently stretch my hair to the length I should expect with a relaxer...or will it be longer than that because you really can not stretch your hair as good as the chemical can get it straight?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I would guess that it would be the length you stretch it too depending on how taut you make the hair. If there is a wave/curl/kink too it it may come out a smidgen longer.

WELCOME!!!!