Short hair Youtube Relaxer stretch/Length Check videos

BFeathers

I'm in search of good relaxer stretch videos for short hair.

Now I call short hair ear length to collarbone length.

Not to discredit BSL people about relaxer stretching but BSL is pretty long to begin with IHMO (at least in tradition for black women when back in the day ooohs and ahhs were WOW! Long hair now people say oh it's so short and I need it to grow) so a stretch is already starting off the length of a pretty wig. Verses those grabbing every strand to make a ponytail that actually touches the back of your shirt.

I'm looking for 6months plus but I'm struggling to find shorter hair videos. I find natural videos relaxing but very very few with collarbone stretching.

Any favorites? I like FGrogan stretch videos but her hair was at least APL when she began that 15 month stretch.

I know I can't be the only one wanting to see a stretch and length check from a 13 month stretch from ear length to however long vs always 13 month stretch from APL to unicorn strands. I want to see a length check to GET you to APL.

Evolving78

I'm in search of good relaxer stretch videos for short hair.

Now I call short hair ear length to collarbone length.

Not to discredit BSL people about relaxer stretching but BSL is pretty long to begin with IHMO (at least in tradition for black women when back in the day ooohs and ahhs were WOW! Long hair now people say oh it's so short and I need it to grow) so a stretch is already starting off the length of a pretty wig. Verses those grabbing every strand to make a ponytail that actually touches the back of your shirt.

I'm looking for 6months plus but I'm struggling to find shorter hair videos. I find natural videos relaxing but very very few with collarbone stretching.

Any favorites? I like FGrogan stretch videos but her hair was at least APL when she began that 15 month stretch.

I know I can't be the only one wanting to see a stretch and length check from a 13 month stretch from ear length to however long vs always 13 month stretch from APL to unicorn strands. I want to see a length check to GET you to APL.

I tried to find one....non existent lol

BFeathers

Exactly! It's hard to get from SL to APL. Once hair starts to touch the top of a shirt trouble hits.

But all these stretch videos are already nice length. If some damage happened an APL could still be okay. Ear to SL would be in bad shape super short. That's the length I feel I can't afford any missteps because if so I'd have to go Nia Long and I'd wig it before I be that short.

emada

Good question...my hair is almost SL and it's been difficult trying to style since I can't really wear it down at this point. Trying to decide whether to wig or something new.

Lynnerie

You probably won't find them cause at that length most folks either wear braids, weave, phony ponies, wigs and half wigs. That's what I did and when my hair started brushing up against my shirt I wore it up.

kupenda

As a relaxed head, I got a blowout at the Dominican salon twice a month and when my hair started to tiuch my hirt, I oiled my ends every other day or so. I wore it in tiny ponytails if I had to. I also bought a halfwig and curled my leave out with curlformers (instead of a flat iron). Are you opposed to braided styles?

bklynbornNbred

Long before LHCF I grew my hair out from multiple Halle Berry/ Nia Long pixie cuts. Didn't know it was stretching just knew not to put perm in when I was going to braid it back up. In hindsight I wish I had just cut the relaxer off back then just once to see what my hair would be like. Most videos I've seen when people show their long hair journey they were either fully natural or they kept hair in protective style while growing it out.

BFeathers

As a relaxed head, I got a blowout at the Dominican salon twice a month and when my hair started to tiuch my hirt, I oiled my ends every other day or so. I wore it in tiny ponytails if I had to. I also bought a halfwig and curled my leave out with curlformers (instead of a flat iron). Are you opposed to braided styles?

I'm in weaves now but I still don't see people posting videos going "Okay so this is my hair...Rihanna bob short and I'm weaving it up" then a few months later showing the progress then reweave then show another progress.

It's I'm flowing locks APL and this is my starting length and then weaving it up and the like.

No one does a step-by-step from short to ponytail. It's always step by every single step with really nice length to HL or something as if hair life isn't worthy to show until it's APL.

Short hair girls need support too and proof that you can get somewhere between Jan-December from EL to SL or whatever not just nothing.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
BFeathers

This is a business opportunity for you! The only short haired relaxed heads that I can think if are Malinda (sp?) Williams and Ateya. I don't think either of them stretch their relaxers. But, one has SWANG and the other has style/swag.

ETA: This blogger/stylist has an entire series on relaxer stretching and advocates healthy hair practices. http://www.latoyajonesblog.com/2013/10/relaxer-stretching-21-weeks-in.html?m=0. Also, I think she has a YT channel. Not sure if she and/or her clientele will meet your length requirements.

ETA2: How To Stretch Your Relaxer: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHdGvVH2LZ7iWqW5QyQl1IT6NOaQ31XbU

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

charmtreese

I'm in weaves now but I still don't see people posting videos going "Okay so this is my hair...Rihanna bob short and I'm weaving it up" then a few months later showing the progress then reweave then show another progress. It's I'm flowing locks APL and this is my starting length and then weaving it up and the like. No one does a step-by-step from short to ponytail. It's always step by every single step with really nice length to HL or something as if hair life isn't worthy to show until it's APL. Short hair girls need support too and proof that you can get somewhere between Jan-December from EL to SL or whatever not just nothing.

I think more people were doing this back in the "Fotki" days. You don't see much of that type of hair documentary on YouTube.