Question about Garlic Pills

YoursTrulyRE

How much (many) garlic pills do you take if you are trying to decrease shedding?

I have the now brand garlic oil softgels and it says they have 9mg (equiv. to 4.5g of whole clove garlic) per 3 softgels.

Would 3 softgels a day be enough or do I take them 2 every other day/every two days?

I'm totally confused. Please help.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I took 2 a day the recommended dose on my brand. Consistency is the big key. Take them regularly.

CandiedLipgloss

I forgot the name of the brand I started with, it was in a green package. And one pill was like 10 cloves in one. The pills stank! I took one a day.

After I switched to Kyolic, and that was 2 a day. Just remain consistent and it will work.
I also used Queen Helene's garlic shampoo and conditioner at home, and when I went to the dominican salon's on occasion they used Alter ego garlic treatments in my hair. It works!

Your Cheeziness

I took a 1000mg capsule daily for almost a year with no ill affects. I got it at Walmart.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I've been doing this for a while (over a year) with no issues at all. I take it as a dietary supplement (great for infections and so on) the lack of heavy shedding is just an extra perk.

AlliCat

Garlic taken internally has soo many health benefits. I just started taking mine and I go by the directions on the bottle. I usually take 2-3 a day. The brand is Natures Bounty (from walmart) and I think there's 90 gel capsules.

HealthyHair2007

I have been doing two a day for over a year. I really need to post update pics, becuase since my last fieasco with Tree Braids in Jan 10, I decided to go natural and have gotten some really good growth... :)

Your Cheeziness

I wonder if they added up ALL of the garlic content and put that on the bottle?? Either way, if they say take 3 - I'd only take 3. That's a very interesting - an confusing - way of labeling. I'm not at home to look at my bottle, but I see your confusion now. I'm confused, too.

YoursTrulyRE

Yes very confusing. I was thinking that it was 1500mg per pill bc the description on the website says:

Our triple strength 1500 mg garlic oil softgels contain three times as much garlic oil as regular garlic oil softgels.

So that would be 4500mg if I take 3 which sounds like a lot. Maybe I will start with 2 and see how that goes.

Last edited:

LoveTheSkinImIn

My Nature's Bounty Bottle directions say: For adults, take one (1) softgel FOUR times daily, preferable with a meal.

Serving Size = 1 soft gel, 1000mg (1g). equivalent to 1000 mg of fresh garlic bulb

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Ladies, how long does it take for you to see a difference in your hair while taking garlic pills? I've been taking mine for about 2 months now but my hair is braided right now so I can't tell if there is a difference in my shedding. My bottle directs me to take 1 a day also.