Garlic is the TRUTH!

Aggie

I wonder what is in the garlic that makes it work? I am so excited by this prospect. My shedding has been cut by more than 1/2 since I started and I know that over time that is just going to lead to thicker hair. My son told me I had a "disco afro" I took my braids down...he's right I went from 1/2 inch of hair in December to a nice sho nuff afro today!! It will be an even thicker 'fro' with the regular use of garlic.

Thanks OP and Aggie (I'm still doing my MT as well)

You're welcomed AJJ. I know that garlic is predominently sulfur so it may have something to do with that fact that makes it stop shedding among other things I'm sure:yep:.

Aggie

does this help with breakage as well as shedding??

Hmmm, i don't know about the breakage however, you might want to try organic blackstrap molasses for breakage. It can be used topically to curb breakage. I have a recipe in my fotki that combines garlic and the molasses for both breakage and shedding.

N

nappysunflowers

I eat garlic straight from the bulb. I crush one clove up every other day or so and put it in raw honey, slurp it down. Burns like acid. It stops the shedding. It does help your hair grow like crazy. It's actually cheaper to just eat garlic (one clove a day crushed into something like soup) than buy garlic pills. I need to do it every day...

The Princess

Yeah garlic is the truth I saw a differnce in 3-4 days. However I was messing up and was only taking 1 pill, then I read the label and it said take 2 a day. Now im good. You see a difference fast.

neenee280

I have been using a garlic oil and cinnamon oil mixture and it is the TRUTH! My SO also uses it and his "sunroof" is practically closed. I also always add garlic to my food when I am cooking. So Yummy!!!! I think I am also going to start taking garlic pills.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I started taking garlic oil tabs and I haven't noticed a huge difference... but I did notice I had a stronger odor. :blush:

anon123

I started taking garlic oil tabs and I haven't noticed a huge difference... but I did notice I had a stronger odor. :blush:

that's what i'm worried about. the way my shed hair tangles around all the rest, less shed hair would mean less hassle for me. and goddess knows, i love to eat garlic. :lick: and plus someone said it helps with stomach acid, shoot, i often have problems with that, too. but the smell!

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
i started taking garlic cloves 2 weeks ago and i cant tell you how happy i am with the results. when i wash my hair i get maybe 5 strands caught in the hair strainer before i used to get clumps of hair. i used to hate to wash my hair now i cant wait to wash my hair because i just love the feeling of water on my scalp its so relaxing. i also sprinkle cinnamon in my cereal every day.

tbaby_8

I know this is a dumb question, but I am going to ask anyway. When you take a garlic supplement, after awhile will you start to smell like garlic? Will it come out of your pores? I just wanted to know because I am shedding alot and I want to take these supplements, but I don't want to go to work smelling like garlic. Don't want to offend any co-workers.

AngieB

Nature's Bounty makes an odorless garlic 1000 mg. No odor whatsoever. I used it for quite a while until I discovered Puritan's Pride Garlic Oil tablets, 5000 mg. No odor with it either...

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I just starting taking the ordorless garlic supplements when I became alarmed when my seasonal shedding began.

I was so used to NOT having a lot of shed hairs since I started Ovation products 5 months ago and the supplements stopped it dead in its' tracks. I was getting palm-fuls of hair and now I am back to my normal shed. I am happy!

Qetesh

this is a good reminder. I have been debating if i should buy a garlic shampoo or not.

i guess i am used to my shedding, but i always feel like a shed alot. ... i wonder if it helps will my hair eventually look thicker? i eat quite a bit of garlic in my food usually anyway but i am not consistant enough with it.

shmmr

How long did you ladies use the garlic shampoo before you started seeing a decrease in shedding?

NappturalWomyn

In the opinion of everyone on this thread, is it better to just ingest the garlic and get all the extraneous benefits (anti-inflammation, unclogging arteries, etc) or just take the pills and use the shampoo?
I am just wondering because I was up to two cloves a day but I am now down to one. Two gave me fevers at one point. Just curious...

belle_reveuse28

It sure is the truth! I read this thread about two weeks ago and my hair was shedding constantly. I was getting depressed and ready to quit my little hair growing journey thinking what's the point if it's going to continue to shed and thin out. Well, I went out and got some odorless garlic and my shedding stopped after day TWO!!!! Two days and I was good to go! So this has become part of my reggie. I take 3,000mg daily and I have no more problems. I get about 10 strings daily when manipulating my hair in some form or fashion, but it's muich better than the little pet hamster I used to get!

joyandfaith

It sure is the truth! I read this thread about two weeks ago and my hair was shedding constantly. I was getting depressed and ready to quit my little hair growing journey thinking what's the point if it's going to continue to shed and thin out. Well, I went out and got some odorless garlic and my shedding stopped after day TWO!!!! Two days and I was good to go! So this has become part of my reggie. I take 3,000mg daily and I have no more problems. I get about 10 strings daily when manipulating my hair in some form or fashion, but it's muich better than the little pet hamster I used to get!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

PuddingPop

Garlic really does work. I did a homemade garlic treatment about a month ago and my shedding decreased by 90%. Now I have normal shedding, not the mess I was getting before. I put about 3 tbs of diced garlic ( store bought) in about a cup of grapeseed oil and I heated it in a pot and let it cool overnight.
In the morning I put the mixture in the blender and blenbed until smooth. I then added more oil to thin it out, put it in a spout bottle and applied it to my scalp. I put on a cap , let it sit for a few hours then washed and conditioned as usual.

I saw immediate results. My shedding was cut drastically. I still have very little shedding to this day and I did the treatment over a month ago. Im gonna do another treatment this week to keep the shedding at bay.

belle_reveuse28

Garlic really does work. I did a homemade garlic treatment about a month ago and my shedding decreased by 90%. Now I have normal shedding, not the mess I was getting before. I put about 3 tbs of diced garlic ( store bought) in about a cup of grapeseed oil and I heated it in a pot and let it cool overnight.
In the morning I put the mixture in the blender and blenbed until smooth. I then added more oil to thin it out, put it in a spout bottle and applied it to my scalp. I put on a cap , let it sit for a few hours then washed and conditioned as usual.

I saw immediate results. My shedding was cut drastically. I still have very little shedding to this day and I did the treatment over a month ago. Im gonna do another treatment this week to keep the shedding at bay.

Puddin', that sounds like a good recipe. Do you think olive oil or coconut would work as well? Also, did you have any trouble rinsing your hair clean from any residue left behind? I'd like to have this recipe on hand if I ever needed it. And I love my blender, so another reason to use it and wake my neighbors up early! Hee-haha...

so so chic

My hair was shedding drastically for a while. I then tried the kyolic garlic supplements and the garlic mixture and the shedding is MUCH better. I blended some garlic really fine and added evoo to it and let it sit overnight and then applied it to my hair and scalp before washing. I've also been leaving my hair alone by wearing wigs, so that probably helped with the shedding also. I used the entire box of garlic pills and only did the oil treatment once, and the shedding has decreased a lot.
Oh...I also shampooed with a garlic shampoo a coulple times! My shedding was so bad, I tried everything!!! Garlic is great!

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I just started taking some garlic pills from GNC. There are odorless and it's 1000mg that you take 2 times a day. Is that too much?

Bnster

Gheez I take 4 to 6 of the Jamieson odourless garlic 500mg ea - so I can be taking up to 3000 mg per day. I take it for my hair and improve my immune system against colds. It is so small and easy to take.

UGQueen

truss me girl, unlike you i didnt have garlic pills when i took out my weave the last time.
However, i used my garlic cond mixed with garlic powder and slept with it overnight,
when i say it stopped the sheddin in its tracks, it really did!

I was so excited, def a part of my regimen too.

(i wont be using garlic powder though only in very extreme cases, ugh it stinks!!!)

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
Girls, just remember that garlic prolongs your clotting factors so if you cut yourself it will be harder to stop the bleeding. I'm not saying don't take garlic, but just keep this in mind. I will be taking garlic pills about 4 times a week, start deep conditioning with alter ego and continue oiling/ massaging my scalp with a sulfur based ointment once or twice a week. Just the sulfur alone has cut my shedding down to at least 50 percent. I've decided to take the focus off of growth and concentrate on lessening shedding, deep conditioning, and moisturizing. Hair grows. Its the retention of that growth which is important. RETENTION! RETENTION! RETENTION! That's my mantra for 2010.

Nasdaq_Diva

*BUMPING*

I think I'm going to try something similar next weekend. Maybe instead of as an oil treatment, I'll apply it to condish. I dunno. But again, just wanted to bump this good thread!

Garlic is soooo good. I put liquid garlic in my rinse out hair care products.

Don't forget about the black tea! Spray that in your hair after you wash.

With this combo. You will have no hair shedding! NONE!!