Garlic is the TRUTH!

joyandfaith

Lately my hair has been shedding at a rate that was alarming me. I felt like there was a small cat in the shower with me every time I co-washed (which is everyday) :sad:. I had to do something, so I got some garlic pills, and after only 3 days of taking them I can see a HUGE difference! I'm so excited because I'll be able to retain the beautiful hair that LHCF helps me grow :drunk:

I know lots of you ladies are already up on garlic, but I just had to share my excitement. This is definitely one of my staples now. Has anyone else had results good or bad with garlic?

swgirl

I'm ready to try the garlic pills now!! My hair is shedding at an alarming rate too. I did make some garlic oil that I'm going to try as well.

Saida

I've had good experience with Garlic also, when it came to shedding, I always knew what to run to :yep:

ParvaniVida

I just started shedding recently. I went to walmart and bought some garlic supplments. They are 1000 MGs. What dosage level are you all on? I'm wondering if I should take a couple of pills everyday.

Garner

Congrats!!! We appreciate you sharing and I am excited for you!!! Your information can help others going through the same issue. BTW...Your hair is lovely and I don't blame you for wanting to keep it. :) I heard Garlic was good. How many mg is it? Did you take it once a day or twice a day?

AnjelLuvs

my staple is the nutrine Garlic shampoo... not the pills....

I use it as the first poo... when washing hair.. I usually wash twice...

SelfStyled

I have always been a HEAVY shedder, I found garlic suppl about a month ago, and my shedding was the least amount of shedding I have had in my whole life. In the past week my shedding has picked up too, not sure why. Has my body adjusted to the garlic already? Or maybe I am going through a growth spurt? I do have room to up the dose because I was only taking 1 tablet a day, so I might up it 2 or just let nature run its course. The strenghth I take is 1 2000mg equivalent.

joyandfaith

I just started shedding recently. I went to walmart and bought some garlic supplments. They are 1000 MGs. What dosage level are you all on? I'm wondering if I should take a couple of pills everyday.

I think I'm taking 600mg, I'll check when I get home.
1 per day.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

I have some supplements at home, I will start taking them tonight and see if I can tell a difference in shedding. My hair is so thick now that I haven't really been worried about the sheding, but I am definately sheding, perhaps because of the MT. I also have a lot of new growth as well so it's balancing out I guess....:look:

joyandfaith

I have some supplements at home, I will start taking them tonight and see if I can tell a difference in shedding. My hair is so thick now that I haven't really been worried about the sheding, but I am definately sheding, perhaps because of the MT. I also have a lot of new growth as well so it's balancing out I guess....:look:

Yeah, I would imagine that the garlic would be great to take while using MT.

R4L

Lately my hair has been shedding at a rate that was alarming me. I felt like there was a small cat in the shower with me every time I co-washed (which is everyday) :sad:. I had to do something, so I got some garlic pills, and after only 3 days of taking them I can see a HUGE difference! I'm so excited because I'll be able to retain the beautiful hair that LHCF helps me grow :drunk:

I know lots of you ladies are already up on garlic, but I just had to share my excitement. This is definitely one of my staples now. Has anyone else had results good or bad with garlic?

I'm glad the garlic helped, but the image of turning around in the shower and seeing a cat had me :lachen::lachen::lachen:

AtlantaJJ

Yeah, I would imagine that the garlic would be great to take while using MT.
Thank you for posting today, I had the Kyolic Garlic tablets for a while but with house guests and being generally busy, I forgot to take it. I'll report this weekend when I take my braids down to wash.

That small cat in the shower comment was funny :blush: I'm glad you won't have to see it any more :giggle:

joyandfaith

I have a question. You know when u eat garlic when you sweat it has a garlic smell to it. Does this happen with the supplements?

I don't know:perplexed I'm definitely going to keep tabs on that though. This is TMI, but my mom said that garlic supplements will make it not stink when you pass gas :lachen:That'll be interesting to see.

I'm glad the garlic helped, but the image of turning around in the shower and seeing a cat had me :lachen::lachen::lachen:
Girl, it was no joke. :lachen: I had literally tried to accept the daily hair ball as my little pet, but after awhile I couldn't take it anymore...I was on the road to being bald.

Iluvsmuhgrass

CVS is having a BOGO sale! Go get some. I did! YAY!

BTW garlic tabs will cure an upset stomach. I was always reaching for immodium until my mom said girl here! Take these! I didn't have any immodium and I was miserable with the gas and cramping so I reluctantly took them. Less than 15 minutes later I was right as rain. Don't sleep on the garlic tabs (or mom's advice.) They are awesome! :yep:

lilsparkle825

thank you for posting, i am sitting here smelling like a pizza right now with this garlic paste in my hair hoping it works so i can restart my MT regimen tonight. i think your cat had some kittens and left one behind in my shower.

Angelicus

My SO takes garlic pills daily and his hair grows like a weed. He is also very healthy. As a child, his father used to feed him whole cloves of garlic (ew, stinky boy!) to help his circulation. We both have hair that grows fast, probably because of our healthy diets.

Fast forward to the present and I still find a way to slip garlic in our food. Adding a clove of garlic to eggs adds a half gram of fiber, btw. I add it in biscuits, inside meats, salads, sauteed vegetables, tea (believe it or not, it's a good base). We did a little experiment and found that eating the cloves was more effective than the pill popping.

It works. Just give your body time to reap the benefits of garlic!

Classic

Garlic has so many uses. Thanks for the reminder. Ill try cooking with it more often. I use garlic shampoo occasionally as well as evoo with garlic - but I'll get some suppliments as well. Ill just have to remember to take them!

joyandfaith

CVS is having a BOGO sale! Go get some. I did! YAY!

BTW garlic tabs will cure an upset stomach. I was always reaching for immodium until my mom said girl here! Take these! I didn't have any immodium and I was miserable with the gas and cramping so I reluctantly took them. Less than 15 minutes later I was right as rain. Don't sleep on the garlic tabs (or mom's advice.) They are awesome! :yep:

Thanks for the BOGO tip.

thank you for posting, i am sitting here smelling like a pizza right now with this garlic paste in my hair hoping it works so i can restart my MT regimen tonight. i think your cat had some kittens and left one behind in my shower.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

My SO takes garlic pills daily and his hair grows like a weed. He is also very healthy. As a child, his father used to feed him whole cloves of garlic (ew, stinky boy!) to help his circulation. We both have hair that grows fast, probably because of our healthy diets.

Fast forward to the present and I still find a way to slip garlic in our food. Adding a clove of garlic to eggs adds a half gram of fiber, btw. I add it in biscuits, inside meats, salads, sauteed vegetables, tea (believe it or not, it's a good base). We did a little experiment and found that eating the cloves was more effective than the pill popping.

My mom likes eating the cloves also.

LABETT

my staple is the nutrine Garlic shampoo... not the pills....

I use it as the first poo... when washing hair.. I usually wash twice...
I love my Nutrine Garlic Shampoo the SCENTED one it seems to work better than the unscented poo.
You should try the Nutrine Garlic Hot Oil TX with Vit E as a pre poo it works great with the shampoo.

Shalilac

I've always been a shedder. But now that I'm getting older I'd like to nip it in the bud. I've been using the Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo and it is a great shampoo (I can actually finger comb my hair with it :yep: ), but it hasn't done anything for the shedding. I need to find that nutrine brand anotha sister mentioned and I'll also grab up the supps at CVS. Thanks for sharing!

The Princess

I been talking garlic pills for 3 weeks now, and after 10 days when I was co washing I notice less hair in the comb, not worried about the hair in the shower. This is on top of me only combing my hair ever 2-3 days when I co wash, DC or whatever. Garlic is good, I was using the Garlic shampoo, but I thought it would be better to take it internal and my body can also benefit from it. Garlic Pills is good.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
:bump:

Which garlic supplements are you guys taking?

I'm taking Solgar gel tabs, which I love because they are so small and go down nicely. I like Solgar brands and I take biotin from this company as well.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!

I think you're on to something. I have always loved garlic. The more, the better. Not only is it good for your heart and your blood, when added to eggs, especially if you also add onions, you're getting protein, the sulfur from the eggs and onion, and the benefits of garlic. I use home made garlic butter and actual garlic gloves to give me a good health benefits. Doing cardio exercises also helps a great deal for circulation...

I'mma go out for a long run shortly. ;)