OKAY at what point do you realize that you're taking too many pills

Kerryann

I feel like my chest will explode eventually from all these pills. Do you feel like you take too many pills. All these vitamins is great but the SIZE of these things are too much to handle. This past sunday i started to take all these pills and i really dont know how some of you do it:spinning:

This is what i take Daily i guess i will eventually get used to it

Women Vitamins 2 BIG GIGANTUOUS GINORMOUS pills
Hair, skin and nails 3 BIG hellava pills
Omega 3 fish oil 3 BIG gelcaps
Lydia Pinkum 6 small pills
=14 pills my god

Make it worst i was going to pick up some biotin, garlic, cranberry and super b complex. My chest is ready to explode. So ladies how many do you take a day and do you feel you over do it sometimes. Have you stopped to look at the amount of pills you're taking and thought you were crazy

Almaz

I dont' know WHY they make those pills so big to beging with I cannot swallow them. They are too big and I choke I have to break them up. I have Lupus so I take big ol pills and hate them. One is too many for me. But why 6 pinkum

Kerryann

The Lydia pinkum is very small. The Pinkum is to clean your womb a lot of us ladies cleanse everywhere except for the womb. last week i did a colon cleanse tmi i know so now im doing this and after i will do my liver and kidneys

Last edited:

Ronnieaj

I feel like my chest will explode eventually from all these pills. Do you feel like you take too many pills. All these vitamins is great but the SIZE of these things are too much to handle. This past sunday i started to take all these pills and i really dont know how some of you do it:spinning:

=14 pills my god

Make it worst i was going to pick up some biotin, garlic, cranberry and super b complex. My chest is ready to explode. So ladies how many do you take a day and do you feel you over do it sometimes. Have you stopped to look at the amount of pills you're taking and thought you were crazy

LOL. The pill size doesn't bother me much, but I don't take all my pills at the same time. I take 2 chlorella and one lip support pill in the morning, then my GNC vitamin pack mid-morning, 1-2 royal jelly mid afternoon (to help with sluggishness), and one more chlorella and lip vitamin at night. Eating something with them helps me tremendously.

Almaz

Okay do you get that at the health food store the Pinkum and which brand to you use and how do you feel using it.

Kerryann

I do take the pills throughout the day but geez man they are so big but at least i will get healthy.

ALMAZ
You can get it from the health food store but since i live in NY i bought it at the greeen grocery its $12

ajoyfuljoy

A lot of them may overlap and that is really like money going down the drain. You should check out the ingredients in your women's formula and your hair and nails formula and see if there are any duplicates.

Or maybe just slow down and take half one day and half the other. I know my pills from GNC say to take two but I only take one and my body still emits unused vits and minerals from the pills. Maybe just cut your dosage in half.

Anna9764

=14 pills my god

I was just thinking that i'm gonna give my system a break from my Rexall vitamins when they are gone, walmart isn't carrying them anymore...so between finding a new brand i'd be a good idea to clear my system as well. I had also lowered my dosage the says take 3 a day I was takling 2 a day, now I take 1 a day. When they're gone, gonna lay off for a few weeks :yep:

crazydaze911

I take wayyyyy too many pills - have been for years, but i dont like veggies so i think i need most of them. been trying to cut back though b/c its expensive. i split them up between morning and night pills and i usually take less than the suggested dosage - some pills i take every OTHER day.

i alternate between country life hair vitamins and purvana
i take green foods, vitiman c, calcium, flax seed oil (just one, when the dosage says like 3 to 6)
alternate between evening primrose and chorella (one or the other every other day)
tonalin (less than recommended)
just finished garlic and silica (trying not to repurchase)
and currently trying to finish Kelp (taking once every THREE days)
There may be some others, i dont even remember

I try to buy ONLY liquid gels (best) or capsules (second best) b/c they are both much easier to swallow. i DO NOT like tablets but sometimes they cannot be avoided. my green foods vit is a tablet, and so is the country life vitamin.

Most of the hair vitamins were too big for my liking, but country life is the easiest to swallow. i tried, and choked on, many hair vits before finding that this one worked best for me. and its cheap, but i hope that doesnt say anything for the quality - lol.

ayoung

:sekret:
I'm def. guilty...but I go through my phases...sometimes close to none--and i've taken as many as 12 (6 in day 6 at night)

tocktick

I realised I was taking too much when it felt like a chore to take them and I became inconsistent after about 2 weeks. I used to dread taking giant pills and the ones that smelled awful.

I just take one liquid supplement now. It's not a complete multivit but it has the essentials I want in a vitamin. I will get the rest of my vitamins and other nutrients from food. Besides, they absorb better that way.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
=14 pills my god

wow 14 pills are a lot! And if many of them are huge then I can understand why your chest feels like that. I have to swallow a big multi and I spend a minute or two just holding it trying to come up with the best time to swallow without gagging. It's ridiculous. At the beginning all my vits were huge. Now I take a multi and some HSN cod live oil capsules that slip down my throat and I'm done:yep:.

Jewell

I realized I was taking too many when I had soo many to swallow, that when I got to the last 1 or 2, I could barely get them and the water down...my stomach was full of water. Now I only take 2-3 things...when I remember.:spinning:

Last edited:
The Lydia pinkum is very small. The Pinkum is to clean your womb a lot of us ladies cleanse everywhere except for the womb. last week i did a colon cleanse tmi i know so now im doing this and after i will do my liver and kidneys

Wow, I never thought I'd know another person taking Lydia Pinkham pills! I first heard of her because of her anti-slavery views:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Pinkham

Taking all those pills gets annoying sometimes, but I spread it out throughout the day and that way I ensure that I get more than enough water.:yep:

CG

sqzbly1908

I knew I was taking too many when I had to go to the drugstore and get one of those pill caddies/holders (whatever its called) so I can keep up with them...

mstar

Luxury bacon
I break up my pill-taking into 3 daily doses.

Morning:
1 Nature's Way Opti-MSM (medium-large capsule)
1 Gelatin (small-medium capsule)
2 Flaxseed (big ol' gelcap)

Afternoon:
1 MSM
1 Gelatin
1 Flaxseed
Taken with Emergen-C Immune Support (liquid)

Evening:
25 Chlorella (tiny pills, easy to take)
1 MSM
1 Flaxseed

So 34 pills plus Emergen-C liquid supplement. Plus I take some pills for other conditions, and I have to take a few painkillers every day for the nerve damage in my back. :ohwell:

The Emergen-C keeps it interesting (I kind of look forward to drinking it every day...weird). The chlorella enabled me to cut out the nasty multivitamins, which were the hardest ones to take because I HATE the taste of vitamins. And I'm glad that I switched to flaxseed oil instead of fish oil, because the gelcaps are smaller. I'm considering adding some amino acids, but I always shop around to find the smallest pills...there are very large differences between brands when it comes to supplements.