Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive oil Heavy cream Users - How do u use it?

talata

Hi Ladies,

After reading all the Raves on the forum, I've placed an order for 3 jars of Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive oil Heavy cream (I'm currently based all the way in Ghana so I always need to order double of everything to make sure I don't run out). And since I totally trust u ladies, I've taken the plunge.

Just wondering how you are currently using yours - any new ideas on how to get the most out of the product?

Which other products in their line would you recommend in addition to the Amla and Olive Cream?

betteron2day

I just bought this as well trying to see if this will be my staple moisturizer. I used it on wet hair and rollerset and my hair felt wonderful.

talata

I just bought this as well trying to see if this will be my staple moisturizer. I used it on wet hair and rollerset and my hair felt wonderful.

Thanks betteron2day, I'm hoping it will be my staple as well... Considering I've gone and bought so much of it already.

Any other users our there?

LynnieB

it's soooooooo heavy and thick :grin: great quality product and a little goes a long way. my jar will probably last me a year or more ;)

i use only on dampened or wet hair but it softens and moisturizes beautifully! it's also perfect for my ends.

i'm also loving the alma oil nourishing pomade - it's almost like hair grease but not greasy and it really smooths my hair and leaves a clean lemony scent (sounds like household cleaner commercial doesn't it?!:D)

Mimi22

I use it as a leave-in after washing. Or for doing my twists.

I really like it. I also love Anita Grant's whipped pudding. :yep:

My hair stay super soft all day e'eryday :grin:

LadyKaypnyc

I use mine as a moisturizer, as a leave in...a little does go a long way, if you use too much you hair will feel sticky. I bought one jar last june, I just bought a replacement, almost a year later.

I also use it for my twists, to slick back my hair...I mix a little of it in my deep conditioners. It's great!

I also have the Burdock Butter Creme, which is a little lighter, but just as good as the AO Heavy Creme:grin:

talata

A whole year???? with all that hair? How long is it going to take me to go thru 3 jars? I hope they have a long shelf life.

The Amla Oil Pomade does sound interesting.

it's soooooooo heavy and thick :grin: great quality product and a little goes a long way. my jar will probably last me a year or more ;)

i use only on dampened or wet hair but it softens and moisturizes beautifully! it's also perfect for my ends.

i'm also loving the alma oil nourishing pomade - it's almost like hair grease but not greasy and it really smooths my hair and leaves a clean lemony scent (sounds like household cleaner commercial doesn't it?!:D)

talata

I use it as a leave-in after washing. Or for doing my twists.

I really like it. I also love Anita Grant's whipped pudding. :yep:

My hair stay super soft all day e'eryday :grin:

That Anita Grant Whipped Pudding sounds yummy- Just checked it out online.

Sequoia

This thread couldn't have come at a better time cos i just ordered some and i'm waiting impatiently for it to arrive. Thanks OP. BTW, where did you order yours from?

LynnieB

A whole year???? with all that hair? How long is it going to take me to go thru 3 jars? I hope they have a long shelf life.

The Amla Oil Pomade does sound interesting.

yes ma'am lol. if i use it on dry hair only, there's no way that jar would last like that. water makes it spread easier through the hair.

this stuff if fab on your ends, really! after wearing my hair out, i lightly spritz w/water and put a tiny bit on my ends at night.

good stuff.

about the long shelf life, email qhem and ask her if you could stick the unused jars in the fridge until you're ready to use them.

bravenewgirl87

Yes, one bottle of Qhemet products can last me up to 6 mos.because the products are so concentrated. Its superb for curly rollerset and straight styles. But, if you're going to straighten your hair with it, apply it to wet hair, or the flat iron plates will get greasy and sizzle.

Sequoia

can someone post the ingredients of this yummy sounding hair cream?:lick:

thanks.

Don't have mine yet so not sure if this is the full ingredient list but got this off a site-

Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream:
Castor (Ricinus Communis) Oil
Olive (Olea Europa) Oil
Distilled Water
Organic Amla (Phyllanthus Emblica)
Organic Aloe (Aloe Ferox) Africana
Organic Brahmi (Bacopa Monniera)
MSM (Methosulfonylmethane)
Vegetable Glycerin
Vegetable Emulsifier
Vitamin E
Phenoxyethanol
Fragrance

Qt girl

How does the Heavy cream compare to the Olive cream conditioner and detangler? Do any of you use that?

talata

yes ma'am lol. if i use it on dry hair only, there's no way that jar would last like that. water makes it spread easier through the hair.

this stuff if fab on your ends, really! after wearing my hair out, i lightly spritz w/water and put a tiny bit on my ends at night.

good stuff.

about the long shelf life, email qhem and ask her if you could stick the unused jars in the fridge until you're ready to use them.

Thanks for the tips LynnieB. I'm also going to send that email to find out about the shelf-life issue.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I absolutely loooove AO Heavy Cream:lick:. It's my staple moisturizer. A little does go long way. I've had my jar for like two years now and I'm still not done:blush:. I use it pretty regularly too. The products may seem pricey at first glance but look how long they last. I'm not sure about the shelf life though.

I use mine as a daily moisturizer on dry hair. I seal it in with an oil. It only takes like less than a dime size amount for my hair.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
How does the Heavy cream compare to the Olive cream conditioner and detangler? Do any of you use that?

The Olive Cream detangler did nothing for me. I like the heavy cream so much better. I didn't find it to detangle at all either.

Buttercreme

Does this provide for better hold than AOHC?
I like the AOHC for a moisturizer, but I'm looking for something to hold DD ponytails thru out the day

LynnieB

Does this provide for better hold than AOHC?
I like the AOHC for a moisturizer, but I'm looking for something to hold DD ponytails thru out the day

i don't think so but it might - it controlled mine to an extent so i could do this updo, it also provides a nice sheen to the hair. here's a couple pics:

^^ my hair airdried in these but i applied the pomade to the hair when it was about 50% dry and recoiled them. it actually did smooth it down but not like a gel would. the heavy cream wouldn't have worked for me this way either.

you know what? it might provide a light hold but like i said, it's more like a natural ingredient replacement for hair grease without the greasiness.

I'd suggest you give it a try, if it doesn't perform the way you want you can still use it as a hair and scalp "grease" with good results and it's 100% better than blue magic, dax, ultra sheen, etc.

Buttercreme

i don't think so but it might - it controlled mine to an extent so i could do this updo, it also provides a nice sheen to the hair. here's a couple pics:

I love the sheen in that first pic. I'm gonna go ahead and purchase, because I was also looking for something that acted like a hair grease with shine like blue magic and LIV but without the petroleum, mineral oil, lanolin.

Like I said before, I do like AOHC as a moisturizer, but it doesn't provide as much sheen as I'd like.

talata

For those of you who ordered lately - say in the last six months - how is their turn around time like? I read a few complaints about their shipping time on couple of threads but it looks like most of them were posting sometime in 2006.

My monthly shipment of "Supplies" will be leaving DC for Ghana in a week and I hope it makes it's delivered in time to come with this bag cos I'm practically drolling now over this stuff.

LynnieB

I was following a thread (one of many qhemet praising threads actually) on NP and realized that i should give her 2 weeks from placing the order to receiving them in the mail. she makes the stuff herself and is basically a one woman show so that seemed reasonable to me.

it didn't take the full 2, i think it was about 9-10 days.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I use them on my twists in the winter, it keeps it so nice and supple. Love it.

However I'm loving the Burdock Root Butter Cream for summer b/c it spreads easier on my wet/damp hair and IMO gives me a boost of definition. I'm about to order 2 new jars of it

talata

I was following a thread (one of many qhemet praising threads actually) on NP and realized that i should give her 2 weeks from placing the order to receiving them in the mail. she makes the stuff herself and is basically a one woman show so that seemed reasonable to me.

it didn't take the full 2, i think it was about 9-10 days.

Thanks. I'll just keep my fingers crossed then and hope I get lucky. Maybe even delay my shipment for a week if I have to. I hope I don't have to though.

LovelyNaps26

I ordered the amla heavy cream and i am fairly pleased. It is a really good sealant but I wouldn't use it as a moisturizer alone (it is not water based). It is heavy so a little goes a long way and I don't need to reapply every day. also what i like about it is that it isn't greasy. I think it will be my staple leave in for the rest of the winter

ycj1

Funny how this thread popped up again, I just ordered some last friday and am anxious about using it.:grin: