Qhemet Biologics Heavy Olive Cream v. Avocado Butter?

kitkat3ny

For those who have tried either, which one do you prefer? I adore Qhemet Biologics Amla & Heavy Olive Oil cream, but my budget can't always afford it.

Since they are going to be on a one month hiatus, I figured now is the time to not talk myself out of trying something new that may moisturize just as well and is cheaper.

Please list which one of the two or name a cream or butter that is organic without mineral oil, etc that you feel works for you.

Thanks,

Kat

sareca

Qhemet definitely. It makes my hair very soft. I just found an old bottle and fell in love all over again. For me avocado butter is just a sealer. It adds a nice shine and locks in the moisture that's already there. :imo:

Last edited:

Brownie518

Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream is my number 1 moisturizer. I love it to death. It is the best. A little goes a very long way. I use it on wet hair sometimes (nape and edges) and I always use it on dry hair. I just ordered some backups along with the new Karkady Mist!!!

I use Avocado Butter, also, but not on my hair anymore. It's not that I don't like it, I just prefer it on my body. Excellent, especially for hands and feet. I might mix this with some other things to make something for my hair. It's a great butter. Go with the Heavy Cream!!:yep:

Last edited:

zzirvingj

kitkat3ny, your hair is gorgeous!

I have only tried avocado butter and I must say it does do a good job of sealing in the moisture and making my hair softer. But I have a feeling the Heavy Cream will be my next purchase. :grin:

What is the consistency of this Olive Cream? Is it "creamy" like Carol's Daughter hair milk? Or is it thicker than that?

Snuckles

Girl, why you foolin'? :nono: Qhem isn't shutting down until October. That means you have until Sept 30th to reorder that Heavy Cream! You need to get your deposit back from those empty pop bottles laying around the house and get the cash to order that heavy cream!

kitkat3ny

Thanks for the compliment about the hair, it's so hard to keep moisturized.

Ok, that's all I needed to hear, I'm sticking w/ Qhemet. Guess I better go order. lol I don't know what i'm going to do if they go out of business. When I saw they were going to be gone for a month, I almost had a heartattack!

Does Qhemet recycle their containers?

Kurlee

I liked it back in the day when i tried but the smell killed it for me, couldn't stand it:nono:

natstar

kitkat3ny, your hair is gorgeous!

I have only tried avocado butter and I must say it does do a good job of sealing in the moisture and making my hair softer. But I have a feeling the Heavy Cream will be my next purchase. :grin:

What is the consistency of this Olive Cream? Is it "creamy" like Carol's Daughter hair milk? Or is it thicker than that?[/QUOTE]

It's thicker than the hair milk. It's a thick cream but still spreadable. The closest I can relate it to is Profective cream consistency.

I use and like both. Qhemets is great for my ends when I baggie. Avocado butter I use on my twist. I haven't tried it on my ends yet. I say go with the Qhemet. I wish they made larger sizes still :sad: