Putting in extensions with bobby pins

vonte422

So ladies, I am no where near a beauty supply store I live in a Caucasian neighborhood and I want to add some tracks to my hair (I have the hair) I was thinking about going to the salon by my house and asking them if they had a needle and tread and I would buy it from them and have my mom braid my hair while I sewed it in, so that will be an option. But I just want to try this style for a day (im going to see my ex) since Ive been washing pretty frequently in all this hot NY humid heat. I was just wondering if any of you ladies have put in extensions with bobby pins and if you have any words of wisdom.

Thanks

tada1

sounds interesting, but i dont think ive ever heard of anyone putting in extensions with bobby pins...maybe im just not understanding this properly. :ohwell:

Dposh167

its not gonna stay. I've tried it b4 but only when i was trying to determine where i wanted my tracks. i didn't go out with them in my hair.

if u really do not have any other options, then u can try braiding the section that u want ur track in. Like braid a row. Then use the bobby pins (and a lot of them) and shove them within the braid. The braid can help hold the bobby pins in better then just placing it by the roots of ur hair alone...if that makes sense...cuz i'm confusing myself now lol

Lexib

yup, I do this all the time. Not to wear my hair loose though. But putting in 3 tracks with bobbi pins (the same as you would with a regular weave) = extremely realistic ponytail for me. :yep: Flatter than any weave will ever be b/c the tracks are pretty much undetectable - even when someone rubs their hand over your head. And another bonus over weaves is that you can take it out whenever you want to care for your hair.

This has been my protective style for the past few months and I love it :grin:

btw: black metal clips work better

atlien11

I would try sewing it to wig clips if you want something that is only temporary. Here is a picture. If you can go out and by some needle and thread from a Sallys you might be in luck. Just sew the hair to a few of these clips and clip them into your hair. You can take them out the same night and continue your normal hair regimen.

Rae1234

I would try sewing it to wig clips if you want something that is only temporary. Here is a picture. If you can go out and by some needle and thread from a Sallys you might be in luck. Just sew the hair to a few of these clips and clip them into your hair. You can take them out the same night and continue your normal hair regimen.

my sister's best friends uses those one of the girl's or white and one is a black girl. no complaints they love that they can clip it out at the end of the night. it looks really good (like a sew in).

i tried bobby pins no complaints in that arena. just make sure u wear a lot of booby pins.... the clips are better!