Using Bobby Pins

TGrigley

The dumbest question is a question not asked. How do you use bobby pins to pin up hair into different styles (buns, twists, etc.)? I have a difficult time using bobby pins :nono:. I cannot make the pins hold my hairstyles:wallbash:. I just need some advice, a tutorial, or something. I want to do more protective styles and knowing how to use bobby pins would be a big help:yep:.

jamaraa

I adore bobby pins! They make hiding you ends (ie protective styling a breeze). Here's a very simple way style to start w/. If you pull your hair into a pony tail simply plait it and them pull the plait back thru your pony tail holder and pin it into your hair. I hide the ends of my hair by pinning it into my hair at the top. LOL...if you see it, it looks like I have very short hair, but when I pull the plait out of being pinned, you get an idea of my length.

Be sure to buy the pins w/ "ridges" on them and get rid of them when the little bulb come off. They can snag, break, or even cut strands of hair when the ends are raw.