Purpose of end papers?

daviine

Okay...I'm not sure that I really understand the function of end papers?

Why do I need them when I am roller setting my hair with wire mesh rollers? It makes it harder for me to stick the pin through or am I doing something wrong?

Are end papers absolutely necessary when rollersetiing? I just don't understand. /images/graemlins/huh.gif

G

Beauticians in my area no longer use end papers with roller setting. If you have a concern about frizziness, then you need to use end papers. Right now, I only use end papers with the Caruso Steam Rollers. As long as you make sure the ends are COMPLETELY FLAT around the mesh roller, then end papers are not needed.

pebbles

You know, that's a good question. I assumed that end paper had 2 functions.
1. to protect the ends from getting frizzy
2. to protect the ends from the heat of the dryer (?)

That was always what I thought. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BostonMaria

I've been rollersetting my own hair since 1985 and I've never used end papers. I'm sure it works for some people, but I don't find them necessary.

Sent from my iPhone 10 using LHCF

SoopremeBeing

I don't practice rollersetting, but I use them for my twistouts. I put them on my ends, then roll the ends with permrods.

southerncitygirl

i wrap them around my perm rods for the ends of my twists when i do twistouts. makes for a smoother finish for me. most folks that use reg rollers don't use them to my knowledge.