End Papers?

rayne

Do you really need to use end papers for rollersetting? If so, how do you use them? Do you wrap them around the hair or the roller? And, how many do you use per section, if any? My mom used to use them when she rollerset her hair, but she used the sponge rollers. But since I'm using the magnetic ones, I was wondering do I still need the end papers
Thanks ladies.

KinksnCurlz

I use end papers from time to time and I believe that it makes my hair less prone to flyaways and the ends comes out much flatter esp. when I put a tiny dab of either aloe vera gel or keracare silken seal (my 'potion') on the individual ends. My technique goes a little something like this:

1) get section of hair to be rolled
2) use fine tooth come to get it straight
3) apply potion to ends only
4) take end paper, turn sideways (picture a sheet of paper, instead of writing on it the usual 8 1/2 x 11, i turn it so it's now 11 x 8 1/2), fold in half over ends of hair (picture a book closing over the ends of your hair)
5) roll hair and clip with duck clip

rayne

Thanks CH! I'm going to attempt rollersetting my hair this w/e and I want to make sure I get it right.

caraSC

I have used end papers waaaaay back in the day when I used sponge rollers. I am talking a very long time ago. I have never attempted to use them with magnetic rollers and am not sure I could. I might consider trying that when I have some extra time.

moneychaser

I rollerset my hair once a week, and never use end papers. I think as long as your ends are wet when you are rolling your hair, you really don't need them. I think Shammoise suggested using them if your hair is uneven, which makes sense.