Protein Treatment before Relaxer

browniemiss

Hello all,
I searched but couldnt find the answer. Forgive me if this has been asked already. I did an Aphogee protein treatment on Sunday. I made a hair appointment for a few weeks out, but due to the stylist schedule, I was able to get an earlier appointment. When I made the appointment, I completely forgot that I had put the protein treatment in. The appointment is for tomorrow. Intially, I was just going to get a wash, blow dry and style. However, I am due for a relaxer.

The stylist was out today so I couldnt ask her this question. I've read suggestions of getting a protein treatment a week before your relaxer. However, if I were to get the relaxer tomorrow, it would only be 2 days. I dont want to do anything that is going to cause any damage to my hair. Should I hold off on getting the relaxer or will it be ok to get it tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.

hold off. two days is too little time since your last wash before getting a touch-up. it's my understanding that the pores/cuticles/something like that will still be open and cause you to burn.

Thank you for your response. I called the shop and spoke to someone else and told her about my delimna. She said that I'd be fine and to make sure I tell my stylist so that she can put on a good base. I dont know if that's the right thing to do or not. :perplexed I guess that will help the burning. However, I am also concerned about my hair strands. lol!! I will call before I head to the salon. If worse comes to worse, I'll just get a wash and style.

I normally relax two days after a light protein treatment with no problems. I've yet to burn and I just base normally. I actually prefer this way.

I sometimes wash 2 days before a touch up and never burn. It must depend on each individual.

IF you base very well, 48 hours is the miniumum wait, but ultimately it's up to you. Good luck with your decision :)

Back