Protein treatment before relaxer

Jazzy413

So Ive read the past posts on doing a protein treatment or clarifying before a relaxer.....Is it best to wait a full week before relaxing after the treatment, or can I do a treatment and relax maybe a few days later? What exactly does the protein treatment do before you relax?

morehairplease

So Ive read the past posts on doing a protein treatment or clarifying before a relaxer.....Is it best to wait a full week before relaxing after the treatment, or can I do a treatment and relax maybe a few days later? What exactly does the protein treatment do before you relax?

I have read of members doing it both ways.

Shell4624

Hi, I think if you go to sisterslick's website she gives all details, pre-relaxer prep included. I relaxed a couple of weeks ago and about 3-5 days prior to doing so, it is recommended that you clarify, to remove any build up (ensures relaxer takes better) and then protein treatment to stregthen you hair before breaking it down with the relaxer. But again, read up on sisterslicks sites it goes way in detail and helps a lot.

Jazzy413

Thanks...I was just reading her tips. Very helpful. I mainly wanted to be sure if I washed and did a protein treatment today would it be okay to relax on say Sunday. I do not want to cause any damage by relaxing too soon after the wash and treatment.