Protein Treatment After a Relaxer

mw138

How soon should I do a protein treatment, such as aphogee, after applying a relaxer to my hair?

Last night I put a relaxer in my hair after stretching for 14 weeks. I was thinking about using a protein treatment, but I wanted to know how long I should wait before I do it?

Doll

My stylist has given me Aphogee treatments right after my relaxer touch ups with no adverse effects, but she only does this if my hair is in need of repair. She also deep conditions afterwards which is a must! Maybe some of the other ladies can chime in with their experiences also.

neena

I relaxed last Sunday and used motions cpr reconstructer afterwards. It has protein in it but i dont know how strong it is. Tomorrow will be a week since my relaxer and I plan to use Aphogee, which I think is stronger. I've done this before and havent had any problems.

tallygirl

I've experimented with waiting a week, 2-weeks until I found what works for me. Now, I use Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor immediately after washing out the relaxer, but before applying the neutralizer. This works great for me and my hair loves the results - softness, sheen, bounce, no breakage.

LaNecia

tallygirl said:
I've experimented with waiting a week, 2-weeks until I found what works for me. Now, I use Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor immediately after washing out the relaxer, but before applying the neutralizer. This works great for me and my hair loves the results - softness, sheen, bounce, no breakage.

Co-Signing on this one!! I use the Aphogee Keratin and Tea Tree Spray in place of the reconstructor but there results were :shocked: I've never done this before but willbe a staple in my relaxing regimen from now on.

mw138

Thanks for all of the great tips!

I ended up using TIGI Dumb Blonde about 24 hours after my touch up and had great results. My ends were so soft! I think I may try aphogee in a few weeks. It seemed like my hair was shedding like crazy before my relaxer, but now it's much better.