Product review: Curls (naturals/text4a 4b)

I use the Curls product line and I absolutely love it. I have tried and use the following products:

1) Styling Lotion: I love this for my hair, mix it up with aloe vera gel from Jason's and it equals a great hair day. This isn't available anymore via the website but you can still find it at NC.com. I purchase it from Ricky's in NYC.

2) Curls Milkshake: This is the replacement to the styling lotion, works really well, very creamy. I have only used this product once or twice because I'm totally stuck on the styling lotion but it's good. I also mix this with my aloe vera gel, alone it's just ok.

3) Whipped Cream: I did't like it as much because it weighed my hair down a bit too much and I didn't get great definition unless I mixed it with the Goddess Glaze.

4) Goddess Glaze: good stuff, best if mixed with something beforehand like the styling lotion or the milkshake. The only issue I have is that the results don't last that long for me, great for one day but you would have to reapply daily.

5) Quenched Curls Moisturizer: This is a great pickme up when you want to get 2nd day hair.

6) CURL Ecstasy - Asian Hair Tea Conditioner: I thought this was just ok.

7) Spiral Curls Cream : Another product that I thought was just ok, woudln't repurchase.

8) Curly Q Custard : This is a lighter version of the Whipped Cream and it's from the kids line. Another product that I thought was just ok.

9) Hydrating Shampoo: I didn't like this, tried my hair out.

I have the Curls Spiral Cream...
I only used it on a small section of hair...
wasn't all that impressed, but then again I didn't really give it a fair chance.

one day I'll try it again & report back :)

I just ordered the Curly Q's Milkshake it seems to have the same ingredients just a different name and it is cheaper LOL!!!!! I will post my reveiw when I get it and use it.

These products are wonderful for 3B/3C as well!!! My curls stayed moisturized and defined without frizzy all day long. I order the shampoo & conditioners today, because I loved the styling produts so much!!! My PJ days may have just come to an end.:grin:

I have been using the CURLS line tyring to see if I really like it as much as I think I do...& I DO...

On Sun. I poo'd w/ Curlicious Cleansing Creme
Conditioner - Curls Ecstasy
I use Quenched Curls as my leave in...then I used the Spiral Curls Creme to create 2 strand twists for a twistout w/ flat twists in front...

It came out so good...major defintion, soft & moisturized w/ a nice sheen & NO Frizz , but good hold...

The only thing I have done is retwist at night to keep it looking good...twice I have retwisted w/ very small amounts of CURLS Elixir (smells like pineapples)

Sometimes I retwist using CURLS Milkshake ....love this too

I have the Whipped Creme ...last time I think I used to much when I twisted...I will try again & see how it comes out...but the Spiral Curls Creme is great for twists because it is like a thick cream gel & smoothes easily. It smells like watermelon too.

I'll post after whipped creme twists this weekend

DDtexlaxd said:
I wonder if this product will work on my hair. Do u have to be multiethnic to use it? I live my IC gel, but I'd love to have a product that makes my hair look moist and curly without drying out . My curls look best when my hair is wet. If only it would stay as defined when my hair dried.:ohwell:

I have this same issue...

So...I used the whipped cream for my twists/updo this past weekend...and they came out lovely...moisturized, soft, major definition, nice sheen & lite hold

I now know that I used entirely too much whipped cream the first go round...I like the fact that the whipped cream has no proplyene glycol

bump bump...using the Soufflé as my daily moisturizing, find it leaves my hair less tacky than QBBRC (I think it's the amount of glycerin making the difference). I used the Soufflé and Whipped Cream as my staples when I was natural, my hair loved it. So far my relaxed hair does as well.

I'm curious about how people are liking the Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser

Back