***Have u tried Curls Curl products??** Help me decide!

Have you tried Curls Curl Products?

• Yes I love it! Definite recommendation!

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Yes, but keep searching for cheaper options

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Its aight

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Hate it! Ugh! Stay away!

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Never tried it, but interesting hmmm.....

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

Mimi22

hello everyone!

I'm 4a/b natural! I really need a moisturizing product to keep my hair soft and manageable. I read reviews on Qhemet Olive & Alma oil, but the only stockist i found here in Europe has it out of stock till the 27th :wallbash:! She suggested Curls Whipped cream or Curls Curl Milkshake :perplexed As great as they sound, I dont wanna purchase without a review.

This is where you lovely ladies come in :grin:

Has anyone tried Curls Curl products? How does it leave your hair feeling throughout the day? Does it give great curl definition as it promises? Or is a bunch of hogwash??:lachen:

And the million dollar question: How does it compare to Qhemet Olive & Alma??

I do hope you ladies can help!! I'm counting on it:look:

Here's the website with Curls products:
http://www.curls.biz/

Last edited:

nappity

I bought both Whipped Cream and Milkshake. I liked the Whipped Cream as it was heavier and seemed to retain more moisture- It also smells more coconutty. The whipped cream when applied on my ends brings out better curl definition- but not as much moisture as the Whipped Cream. I swear by Curls Asian hair Tea for a deep conditioner. 30 minutes and my hair sings praises of moisture. I love Qhemets Heavy Cream and Honey Balm too. My siggy picture twist out was made with these 2 products.

Mimi22

I'm so tempted to go head and order the Whipped cream! Thanksx for your review nappity4b! Dont know if i should hold out for Qhemet or run to the arms of the Curls whipped cream:lachen:

Hopefully, the poll will give some more insight!

crazydaze911

I have the whipped creme, the milkshake, the asian tea conditoner and the coconut sublime conditioner. I like them all pretty much. i like the whipped creme the LEAST. i think miss jessies buttercreme is much better at keeping back edges so i probably will not be purchasing that again. but the milkshake is light and is great as a second day curl reviver (as it promises). The conditioners are good - not saying that they are 10x better than others but i like them b/c they smell good, have good ingredients, and they WORK. I did have to add a little bit of oil (as recommended on their website) to the sublime conditioner to make it PERFECT.
i have never tried the qhelmet thing u mentioned so i cant compare.
oh - and i also have champagne curls and caviar kinks (i think thats what its called) which is their version of a growth health serum and contains MSM. smells good. not sure about the growth yet.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Coconut Sublime conditioner is my favorite! I think I'm a little biased because of the smell though...

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Oh yeah -

I think the kids products are better than the ones marketed for adults. I can't remember the name of it but the kids line has a pomade that was fantabulous. Also, the kid's curly milkshake had a better consistency than the adult cream.

But that coconut siblime? Im taking that everywhere I go...

KLomax

I tried the Curls Milkshake,

It laid my hairline DOWN:thewave:( no scarf needed). I also used it on my ends. It worked great!!!!

Too expensive for regular use though...now I use IC gel w/castor oil.

courage2bme

I use Curls products on my daughters 4b hair and I swear by the conditioner. I have tried the Curly Custard on her hair as well for twists and it works really well. Just becareful not to use to much or you will have product build up. Unfortunately, I never used the other two products you mentioned but I am currently testing the Princess Glaze on my daughter for curl definition(the adult version is goddess glaze). I have seen it on the women who work in the store I purchase the product from and the results are definitely worth the money. Beautiful curl definition.

Sugarhoney

hello everyone!

I'm 4a/b natural! I really need a moisturizing product to keep my hair soft and manageable. I read reviews on Qhemet Olive & Alma oil, but the only stockist i found here in Europe has it out of stock till the 27th :wallbash:! She suggested Curls Whipped cream or Curls Curl Milkshake :perplexed As great as they sound, I dont wanna purchase without a review.

Has anyone tried Curls Curl products? How does it leave your hair feeling throughout the day? Does it give great curl definition as it promises? Or is a bunch of hogwash??:lachen:

I have Curls whipped Cream, Milkshake, and Quenched Curls Moisturizer (the Pure/Natural version). They are all great. Whipped Cream gives me a jeri curl look though. :rolleyes: But I love Milkshake! It is the thinner verison of Whipped Cream. This is better for shake-n-gos and the best on dry hair. Milkshake and the moisturizer is a killer combo. Was sick one week and used the Milkshake & Quenched on dry hair, and it looked good for a week. It is one of the only products that can mosturize my 4a sections in the back--turns them into micro spirals.

Tenacious

Their shampoo is AWESOME!!!! I loved it!!! However, it was so expensive and I didn't want to spend money on that so often.... I'm improvising right now until I get rich and buy out the whole line, lol!!!

Digital Tempest

I've used the Milkshake, Whipped Cream, and the Goddess Glaze. When my hair was still a TWA, the Milkshake worked pretty well, but the Whipped Cream was too heavy. Now, I find the Milkshake isn't enough and I need something heavier like the Whipped Cream. I loved the Goddess Glaze. Gave just enough hold for my hair without being crispy and hard.

titan

I purchased a sample pack form the Curls website. I like the fact that allow customers to buy a sample products because for the most part I wasn't that impressed , but I did like the sulfate free shampoo that they have, I forget the name of it. The curls milkshake didn't do anything for my nappalicious hair. I think the Curls products are best suited for indviduals with 3a to 3c, even though I am between 3c and 4a, the products just didn't work that well for me.

KLomax

I've used the Milkshake, Whipped Cream, and the Goddess Glaze. When my hair was still a TWA, the Milkshake worked pretty well, but the Whipped Cream was too heavy. Now, I find the Milkshake isn't enough and I need something heavier like the Whipped Cream. I loved the Goddess Glaze. Gave just enough hold for my hair without being crispy and hard.

:hiya: DT
I have used the Curls Milkshake. It worked very well but it was pricey. I used it to smooth down my hairline. I get the same results with Mango Butter & IC plus hair gel :yep:....my hair never gets hard or crunchy...it stay moist and smooth all day.

The Mango Butter lays my hair down and the gels keeps it down all day. (very affordable)

I hope this helps.

~CurlyNikki~

I'm going to review Curls Whipped Cream on my blog today or tomorrow. I loved it! Unlike BB, it stretched my curls out...blended beauty shrunk my hair up. The CWC really moisturized well, and gave my hair some much needed length. I definitely rec' it!

~cn~

Digital Tempest

:hiya: DT
I have used the Curls Milkshake. It worked very well but it was pricey. I used it to smooth down my hairline. I get the same results with Mango Butter & IC plus hair gel :yep:....my hair never gets hard or crunchy...it stay moist and smooth all day.

The Mango Butter lays my hair down and the gels keeps it down all day. (very affordable)

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been bunning a lot lately, so I'm always on the look out for anything that will hold my hair without the crunch. (I was using an alcohol free gel, but I started getting a white residue, so I'm not sure what happened there.)

Dposh167

yes curls milkshake is a lovely product. i actually have to buy some more. but i usually use it on wet hair when i'm many many weeks post. it helps keep my ng from drying hard and crunchy

LadyKaypnyc

Yep, I love their quenched curls moisturizer, the Souffle and the Milkshake. They smell great and leave my hair really soft.

I hate the Curls Whipped Pudding b/c it's too thick and it leaves little white flakes in my hair.

suburbanbushbabe

The Milkshake was the only product I used religiously, then I found another product. It's a very good leave-in though. Curls tends to change their formulations with no notice. One day they were all no silicones, then they had silicones, now I think she's changed them back. I need a product with more ingredient longevity.

trj1922

I said that Curls was aight. I have only tried the whipped cream though, so as others have said, the other products might be fine. Even this one delivered on the definition, I just found it too heavy, stiff, and not sufficiently or lastingly moisturizing enough for me. My hair is too thin, too fine, and maybe not sufficiently kinky enough for the product.

I loves me some Qhemet, though. I use the burdock root butter cream much more often than the amla and olive heavy cream. Back to the thin, fine hair that loves water based stuff. Both define well but lack hold. That's my only issue. Even the "gel" Qhemet makes is "meh" for actual hold.

stepfun83

I have tried the quenched curls moisturizer, the Souffle and the Milkshake. The moisturizer was great, my hair loved it. I didn't like the Milkshake it just made my hair crispy. The Souffle laid my 4a/b/c/d/e/f whatever... hair down with a beautiful shine.

I'm newly natural and still searching for less expensive products.

hola_lo2002

hello everyone!

To answer your question, it doesn't compare to Qhemet products at all!! My hairtype is 3C and I've tried pretty much all the products from Curls.biz
The whipped cream is a heavy cream moisturiser. It left my hair looking greyish and dry plus it weighed down my hair too much.
The milkshake is good but you'Re going to have to clarify more often because it builds up on your hair easily.
I tried the 'quenched curls­­' but it left my hair feeling sticky:perplexed and I found that good ol' Wave Nouveau was doing a better job for only 4$ .
The only products I'd recommend from that brand would be their deep conditionner (Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Organic Conditioner) and their product called Gel-les'c. I'm pretty sure you could find similar products at cheaper prices though.
Also, if you can wait a little, I'd suggest you buy Qhemet products instead. They're worth the price :)

ecadnacmc

hello everyone!

Has anyone tried Curls Curl products? How does it leave your hair feeling throughout the day? Does it give great curl definition as it promises?Or is a bunch of hogwash??:lachen:

Has anyone tried Curls Curl products?Tried it hated it!
How does it leave your hair feeling throughout the day? The Whipped cream left my hair feeling Greasy, dry and coated.
Does it give great curl definition as it promises?NO Or is a bunch of hogwash??:lachen: HOGWASH!

I nearly bought the whole line because the baby line worked great on my DD's mostly 3C hair. My mostly 4a, with 3C in crown and nape and some scattered 4B, hated it. The whipped cream was too heavy and greasy, the gel s c too light, the tea tree conditioner did not moisturize. It was definitely not worth the price IMO. I don't know about the cheaper Target line, was so disappointed with the original line was not willing to try the cheaper one. I have been hearing good things about Qhemet though, but I'm in PJ rehab so I can't but another thing :blush:

ecadnacmc

I purchased a sample pack form the Curls website. I like the fact that allow customers to buy a sample products because for the most part I wasn't that impressed , but I did like the sulfate free shampoo that they have, I forget the name of it. The curls milkshake didn't do anything for my nappalicious hair. I think the Curls products are best suited for indviduals with 3a to 3c, even though I am between 3c and 4a, the products just didn't work that well for me.[/QUOTE]
I agree wholeheartedly with you! :yep:

Imani

I'm mostly 4b natural. I have very very very dry porous hair.

I tried the Curls Cleansing Creme, Coconut Sublime conditioner, and Tea Conditioner. I didn't care for any of them. The cleansing creme didn't get my hair clean, and the conditioners weren't anywhere near moisturizing enough; the coconut sublime was more moisturizing than the Tea conditioner.

Cherokee-n-Black

I swear by Curls Asian hair Tea for a deep conditioner. 30 minutes and my hair sings praises of moisture. QUOTE]

I'd have to second this. :yep:

Oh yeah -

I think the kids products are better than the ones marketed for adults. I can't remember the name of it but the kids line has a pomade that was fantabulous.

But that coconut siblime? Im taking that everywhere I go...

I've mostly tried the kid products on my daughter, they didn't do much for me (type 4, DD is a silky Type 4/3 mix). That pomade was the bomb-diggity, and then they stopped making it! :nono:

I loved the Goddess Glaze. Gave just enough hold for my hair without being crispy and hard.
Tried this on transitioning braid out with no success, but I'd love to try these products again on fully natural hair.

Here's a tip: order the Hair Tea (you will like it) and request 3 product samples in the comments/ notes section of the order. That way you can see how it works for you without breaking the bank!