porosity control?

What are you using for porosity?

• Total voters

tri3nity

It Should Say: Porosity Control ph 4.5 Corrector & Conditioner. My Bottle is 15.2 fl. oz.:yep:

Yea I couldn't find the step 3 either and the one that says this .... I thought it was step 1. So is this the one I shouldve been looking for? And where to find the Nexxus ensure acidifying and detangling conditioner? I see nexxus ensure color detangling everywhere! Would this be the same ph?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
And where to find the Nexxus ensure acidifying and detangling conditioner? I see nexxus ensure color detangling everywhere! Would this be the same ph?

That's it:yep:. Replenishing conditioner and detangler is ph3 . Contains, Grapefruit, Aloe, Geranium, Comfrey, Avacado Oil & Protein. Also has Ceramides, Nutrients and Antioxidiants.

flowinlocks

Yea I couldn't find the step 3 either and the one that says this .... I thought it was step 1. So is this the one I shouldve been looking for? And where to find the Nexxus ensure acidifying and detangling conditioner? I see nexxus ensure color detangling everywhere! Would this be the same ph?

Same here

It Should Say: Porosity Control ph 4.5 Corrector & Conditioner. My Bottle is 15.2 fl. oz.:yep:

This is exactly what mine says, but it says step 1

JJamiah

I use the PC as well and it definitely is a great addition to your regimen, They also Sell the French Stabilizer in Sally's atleast at the one here in Piscataway, NJ. :)

swimfan09

I couple of newbie questions...

1) I have relaxed hair - I just DC and my hair feels great, but it rained today and I got somewhat frizzy - would porosity control help with this?

2) How does the Roux product compare with Living Proof's No Frizz?

NaturalEnigma

I use Abba's Herbal Remedy leave in Treatment. Its a leave in spray that has a pH of 4.5-5.5. I posted the ingredients below. I love this leave in spray. It really seals the cuticle. I sprayed it in my hair one time, and tried to rinse out my hair when I came out the shower, all I saw were little crystals of water on my hair, even water couldn't penetrate my hair after using it. I was amazed. My hair feels sooooo moisturized after using it, and when I air dry my hair comes out nice and smooth. Even my mother noticed the change in my hair. I highly recommend it.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua) (Eau), Lactic Acid, Laureth-11, Glycol Stearate, Stearic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Oleamidopropyl Dimethylamine (*Palm Oil), Sodium Hydroxide, Artemus Vulgaris Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Mentha Piperita Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Ms Kain

Yup.:yep: That's it. Correction & Conditioner ph4.5

To Equalize Hair's Porosity And Ensure Predictable Results.

ETA: I just did some research on Step 3. It appears to be a Extreme Control Pack. (which I have never seen before)

http://www.metrobeauty.com/Hair-Care/Treatments-Masques/Roux-Porosity-Control-Pak.html

OMG!!!! :urock:

Thank you for posting this!!!I've been looking all OVER for these paks!!!!!

These became my savior back when I had some serious porosity issues. Back then I didn't know anything about porous hair so when my hair dried really fast after washing and could never hold moisturize in it, my solution was to just double up on moisturizing my hair. That worked in terms of my hair not looking dry but not without having to pay constant attention to it or else my hair would go right back to being brittle because my cuticles were wide open! I finally tried Roux's Corrector and Conditioner and while it was okay, it didn't do anything in the way of moisturizing my hair. So by the time I got my hands on Step 3: Roux Porosity Control Extreme Pak Moisturizing Treatment (that's what it was called back then), I was just finished!!!

Can I just say that when I put this stuff on my hair, it practically EXHALED??? My hair LOVED IT!!!!! But then when I went back to get some more, they told me that they no longer carried it and had Mendex instead and let me tell you, it definitely was NOT the same thing.

So all of that to say - THANKS FOR THE LINK! Now I see that I wasn't able to find it because I was typing it in wrong.

So thanks for the link! I can put the other stuff in the back of my cabinet now!!!:drunk:

~ Hera

Ms Kain

I couple of newbie questions...

1) I have relaxed hair - I just DC and my hair feels great, but it rained today and I got somewhat frizzy - would porosity control help with this?

Hi Swimfan,

It's hard to say whether or not you have a porosity issue or if that's why your hair became frizzy. Mainly because often times there are other factors (such as what your hair needs vs. the product used or how you dried your hair) that played a role in why your hair took the frizzy route!

The good news is that there's a pretty good article I usually direct people to when they want to know whether or not their hair is porous or not. Sistaslick writes great articles for associated content regarding African-American hair care and it's a good place to start if you are a newbie.
Below is the link to all of her articles as well as the one that pertains to porosity. I'm sure you'll get an idea of what's going on with your hair after reading some of these but just know that a lot of it is trial and error. The great thing is that once you figure out how your hair works, it gets easier and easier so it's really worth the read! Let us know how it goes and welcome!!

Sista Slick's catalog of Hair Articles
http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/83046/audrey_sivasothy.html

Sista Slick's article on porosity
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/367189/hair_porosity_help_for_dry_damaged.html?cat=69

~Hera aka Ms. Kain

swimfan09

Thank you so much, Ms. Kain! 98% of the time, I let my hair airdry - I usually wash, moisturize and then apply oil to seal. I usually wear my hair in a ponytail or a bun, but this weekend I had an event to attend, so I washed my hair and roller set it and let it airdry overnight. The next day, it was beautiful but over time, it started to frizz and went limp.

I will definitely read the articles!

Thanks again.