Spinny: Name Your Low Porosity Misses!

faithVA

Yes! Black tea Vo5 conditioner it was hard before I even began to rinse it out. I was tripping because my hair doesn't even shed much.

Oh yeah, I forgot about V05 :nono: And Suave Shea Butter whatever it was. I didn't try any other suaves. I gave up on cheap conditioners after that.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Oh yeah, I forgot about V05 :nono: And Suave Shea Butter whatever it was. I didn't try any other suaves. I gave up on cheap conditioners after that.

I also forgot about VO5. I tried the strawberry moisture milk as a rinse out conditioner. My hair begged for me to never do that again. :ohwell:

My hair hates pure Shea butter and thick greasy products. However, I have been able to use coconut hemp mixed with Oyin hair dew.

My hair hates almost everything I put in it. I've been natural for 6 years and Im still not able to maintain moisture and length. My hair is a little past shoulder length when stretched. :(

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I tried to love The Pomade Shop LinoMoist as a moisturizer but it didn't work no matter how hard I tried.

jennwantslonghurr

divachyk I sampled the Lino Moist pomade as well. It didn't make my ends hard but definitely did not make them 'moist'.

I also sampled the Creamoist. I like this one better. My hair loves cermides, however this one wasn't very moisturizing either.

I will try one more time in the spring/summer. Perhaps the pomades can't compete with these Michigan polar vortexes lol.

uofmpanther

[USER=20802]Carrie A[/USER];19729653 said:
I'm sorry but I'm not clear on what IS working. It seems like everything is a no no.

There are some common products in the hits thread. I'm on my phone right now, so I don't know how to link you to it

Carrie A

There are some common products in the hits thread. I'm on my phone right now, so I don't know how to link you to it

This is the miss thread. We have a hits thread also. Carrie A

Thanks ladies. I was freaking out plus I didn't read the title carefully. On top of that I just bought avocado oil to try and now I'm mad.

kim

Any product with hydrolyzed wheat protein which is a very common ingredient, even in products that claim to be moisturizing - it makes my hair feel very protein treatment like.

Protein in general, be it mild or strong -- really makes my hair freak out and puts me on the verge of protein overload each and every time!

Aloe Vera Juice - straight juice is a no!

Products formulated with aloe vera juice - we have a hit and miss relationship. Very random. I can't quite pinpoint when it will / won't work so I try to avoid products containing aloe as much as possible.

My hair hates all of these also !!!!

jennwantslonghurr

When my hair was protein overloaded my hair hated all penetrating oils. Now that I have a better balance my hair likes avacado and coconut oil when mixed with other oils/products.

Still learning my hair without the p.o.

divachyk

HairVeda Hydra-Silica Mist....think it's too strong for my hair whether used straight or diluted. I can't quite figure this product out.

uofmpanther

Purabody Capuacu Butter. It sat on my hair and I couldn't get anything else in, so I just had white hair

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Purabody Capuacu Butter. It sat on my hair and I couldn't get anything else in, so I just had white hair

Really?

I have this too, just waiting to use it.

APB cremes are pretty smooth and don't build-up if you are willing to try. Look through the thread in Vendors and Sellers

uofmpanther

Really?

I have this too, just waiting to use it.

APB cremes are pretty smooth and don't build-up if you are willing to try. Look through the thread in Vendors and Sellers

Saludable84 Yeah, I've found my hair does not like straight butters usually, though I do want to try avocado butter. It likes water-based products, like creams. It loves Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, but water is the second ingredient in that, and it feels more like a cream than a butter.

What does APB stand for? I'll check them out.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84 Yeah, I've found my hair does not like straight butters usually, though I do want to try avocado butter. It likes water-based products, like creams. It loves Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, but water is the second ingredient in that, and it feels more like a cream than a butter. What does APB stand for? I'll check them out.

Annabelle's Perfect Blends. My hair doesn't like butters too as it makes it stick and it still dries out. The Creme I have look thick, but it's pretty whipped and reminds me of a whipped buttercream. It wasn't sticky or heavy or residue-dooey. I usually hate creams but this one was good.

divachyk

I'm really thinking Darcy's...
Pumpkin Seed Conditioner (hair felt protein overloaded)
Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream (does nothing for my hair)
Sweet Cocoa Bean Hair Whip (again, nothing)

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

divachyk Beamodel

The same is the case for me! I was starting to think something was wrong with me. I guess me and Darcy's just aren't going to get along and I should stop trying.

faithVA

HairVeda Hydra-Silica Mist....think it's too strong for my hair whether used straight or diluted. I can't quite figure this product out.

I haven't given up on this yet. I used it once after using the natural oasis conditioner. I was going to install finger coils. My hair was so soft nothing would hold. So saving this for a puff or maybe flat twist in the future. I think its best for dry natural hair.

uofmpanther

Same for me on the pumpkin seed and something else Darcy's. I gave up after that.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
-Aloe Vera anything. If it's not on my edges it's an epic fail. I have recently found it is only good in protein treatments, but it still makes my hair clump. It was a good protein treatment in a long while. Otherwise, if aloe is high on the ingredient list, I puts it back down. Nope
-Glycerin. It's hard enough to keep moisture in without glycerin. Glycerin just makes it worse. Actually works better in deep conditioner
-Coconut oil. I may go back to it, it my past experience made my hair hard. Nope Nope Nope
-Avocado oil. I can use in maybe in a leave-in, but in a DC these days it's not good. Also not good in shampoos either. It's too smoothing. Nope
-Castor oil. Too heavy alone and needs to be heavily diluted. Nope
-Protein. If it isn't silk, keratin or collagen, take it back to the market. I can only use one product with wheat protein and I'm surprised at that still. Still stands
-Honey. If it's not in shampoo (and even that depends) it's just too heavy. Bae now
-Oil rinses. This just doesn't work. Will revisit
-Not using heat during deep conditioning. This leads to a waste in product. Still Stands
-Final rinse. I know most do it for detangling, but this makes my hair heavier than I started out with. Nope
-Rinses. I love color, but it doesn't work. Bae now I had to do tea/coffee rinses to get it to work.
-Every shampoo on the market. Talk about giving up! Nope
-Butters. I love them but they really have to be an ultimate last step because they leave so much build up. Definition yes. But residue city. Still on the fence. Creamy butters work. Butter butters don't.
-Coconut milk. In conditioners yes. In leave-ins/ moisturizers no. Nope
-Direct heat. If it's not high, it's not going to look great. If it's high, just hope it doesn't result in breakage city either. Nope
-humectants. For me they only work certain times of the year. Still stands

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@Anaisin see the bolded. Most of it has not changed now that I'm mostly natural. Hence the Nope