Porosity control 2010...

KrystalClear

Ok, so I really have been searching for my answer... I feel it is safe to ask this question. I especially like up to date answers, not answers from 2004, so I'm asking this question to get some responses.

Those that use porosity control, how often do you use it and does it matter which order it is used in?

I did a hot oil treatment as a prepoo and I'm literally sitting here debating on what to do next. lol.

Should I rinse the oil, then do the PC, then wash, then DC?

Or should I rinse the oil, wash, do PC then DC? or am I still out of order? lol

I just want the best yummiest results! :lick:

Thanks ladies!

I swear my hair loves this site as much as I do lol

KrystalClear

bumping, I am tired of sitting here with these oils in my hair! lol

Please at least on response from somebody that is a PC expert.

My Friend

I'm no expert but I hate to see a sista in hair distress.

I believe PC lowers the ph of the hair, therefore closing the cuticle.

My GUEss would be to rinse oil, wash, PC then DC. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Last edited:

KrystalClear

My GUEss would be to rinse oil, wash, PC then DC. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

That makes sense! I guess if anything, it shouldn't HURT my hair? lol I am just sleepy and ready to do my HW and then go to bed. lol

Salsarisma

Why would you close the cuticle, then try to dc? You want the cuticle open to accept and absorb as much of the dc as possible. Once the strands have been dc, THEN you apply the PC to close the cuticle! Use a cold wash with the PC for added shine.

KrystalClear

Why would you close the cuticle, then try to dc? You want the cuticle open to accept and absorb as much of the dc as possible. Once the strands have been dc, THEN you apply the PC to close the cuticle! Use a cold wash with the PC for added shine.

So - rinse oils, DC, then PC after I rinse out the DC?
This stuff is hair science, once I figure this out I should have hair down to my tail. :yep:

shtow

I use the shampoo as my moisture poo

I DC with mendex as my hardcore protein

I DC with the moisture pack

All three are good stuff.........

My hair hated the extra strength leave in

simplyhair

But I thought if you go under the dryer with the DC, then the heat would open the cuticle again. I'm not an expert nor positive either.

Wait a minute...I thought you use PC before the DC so the DC (or any other chemical service) can absorb more. I dunno...maybe some else can chime in.

Well, let me bag up. I just did this today...hopefully, I did it right.

1. Clarified
2. PC for 30 seconds or so
3. ORS Pak 30 minutes under dryer
4. Rinsed out the ORS with cool water
5. ACV Rinse as my final rinse

Experts...any thought to what I did. Perhaps, it can help OP.

Last edited:

KrystalClear

Good question simplyhair, because I'm hearing too many different things. The answers I got were from super old threads and I just want to know if there is some up to date info!

cocoagirl

I never understood the order either, truth be told..prob why the PC sits in my cabinet untouched half the time. Some ppl say use it before deep condish, others say as the last step. If someone (who understood the science)could break down exactly what PC does, then the proper time to use it should simply follow suit.

Ediese

Great thread. I've never used it, but it explains why my hair feels so dry. I'm definitely going to try this.

LaFemmeNaturelle

There was another thread where a posted explained perfectly why it should be used before you DC. I don't have time to go back and look for it but the thread has been bumped relatively recently (yesterday I believe). Just because the PC lies down the cuticle doesn't mean your hair won't absorb the DC. The PC only takes your hair back to where it should have been in the first place....you should try to find the thread lol

Anywho, I used to use PC after my DC and never had any change so I stopped using it until I read that thread last night. So last night i used PC before my DC and my hair feels sooo soft and silky today and it never feels like this! So I will be using it before my DC from now on.

Salsarisma

Ultimately, you have to do what works for your hair. Try the PC both ways and see which is better for you. I will never use PC b4 I DC. I dc with heat under the dryer so my shaft is opened. I use the pc to close the cuticle before styling. Otherwise, the PC would close the cuticle and my dc(with heat) would open it back up.

Barbie83

Still utterly and thoroughly confused on this....I used PC last night after DC and it felt like I had less slip than when I rinsed the DC. Or is that a good thing?

Supervixen

I guess I'm all messed up, but now that I have the PC conditioner, I mix it in WITH my DC.

when I was using the shampoo, I would DC, poo with PC, then use a rinse-out conditioner.

KrystalClear

Thanks ladies, I guess it's up to an individuals choice as to what works best? lol Because I'm getting more and more confused as I read the response! lol

Barbie83

^^^OK I guess :ohwell: I airdried and my hair always sucks when I airdry. It didn't feel any suckier than normal :lol:

LushLox

lmao @ this thread! Hell I'm confused and I've been using PC for ages! :lachen:

I always use PC as a very last step.I only leave it on for about 30/40 seconds and rinse that out with cold water as it helps to close the cuticle. Now I've seen that people seem to use it in a very different way that I do, but I can only do what works for me, and this way really does work! :yep:

KrystalClear

lmao @ this thread! Hell I'm confused and I've been using PC for ages! :lachen:

I always use PC as a very last step.I only leave it on for about 30/40 seconds and rinse that out with cold water as it helps to close the cuticle. Now I've seen that people seem to use it in a very different way that I do, but I can only do what works for me, and this way really does work! :yep:

So essentially the purpose of PC is to close the cuticle? I will try it any way, I just wanna know what the heck the so called "right way" is lol!