How often do you use Porosity Control?

Closeout

:wow:

During the week i read the thread about porosity control (the forgotten step) - very informative.
Anyway, i was at sallys with my mom today after work, and i saw they had a small sample of the conditioner for 1.99. i went ahead and got it. I cowashed with Garnier Frutis (or at least started to) and remember i had bought the porosity control, so i quickly washed it out of my hair and applied the PC conditioner, left it in for 30 seconds as the bottle says, washed it out then did a cowash again with Gariner Fructis. i left the GF in my hair while i showered, went to wash the GF out, OMG!! my hiar feels SOOOOOOO GOOD! i did a cowash on wednesday and the amount of slip was just NOT THE SAME. I think it was the PC.

SO my question... for those who use it? how often?what about the shampoo??

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
I use the shampoo regularly alternating with other moisturizing shampoos.
I only use the conditioner if my hair seems "off", because otherwise it doesn't do anything for me.

Nayeli

^^^ ITA with the above. And for me that "off" feeling usually comes around 5-6 weeks. And of course I use it the wash after my relaxer.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I use it Each and Every Week after My DC Treatment with Heat. It works wonders in Restoring the ph Balance and causing the cuticle to lie flat.

When I first began my Journey, and My Quest to become a DIY -- I was told by several stylist and even the girls at Sally's that My Hair was Overly Porous.:ohwell:

I will Always have this product in my Arsenal. It totally restored my Hair.:love: Why put all that Moisture into your Hair w/o Locking it In??? And that's what the PC Does.

Closeout

I use it Each and Every Week after My DC Treatment with Heat. It works wonders in Restoring the ph Balance and causing the cuticle to lie flat.

When I first began my Journey, and My Quest to become a DIY -- I was told by several stylist and even the girls at Sally's that My Hair was Overly Porous.:ohwell:

I will Always have this product in my Arsenal. It totally restored my Hair.:love: Why put all that Moisture into your Hair w/o Locking it In??? And that's what the PC Does.
very informative.... thnaks!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
very informative.... thnaks!

You're Welcome. See, when you DC with Heat, You Hair is Raised Up and your Cuticle is Lifted. The Heat & Your Conditioner has soaked into your Hair Like a Sponge that why it looks "swollen":blush:

The PC as a Final Rinse locks in all the moisture you just put into your hair with that Conditioner & Heat, by restoring the cuticle back to it's normal size and causing it to lie flat thus locking in Your Treatment.:yep:

Before using it, I was just DC'ing and then rinsing it out with plain water and then proceeding with my leave-ins etc.... but wasn't sealing it in with the PC. It made an Immediate Signifigant Difference when I added it into the Mix.:grin:

LushLox

I use it after each and every wash (twice weekly). It's a good idea to rinse it out with cold water too, not only does that help to close the cuticle but it gives good shine.

LivingDol1

i use it once or twice a week after i DC. it really makes a huge difference. detangling is much easier. and my hair doesn't dry as frizzy as it had in the past.

SherylsTresses

I use it once a month :yep:. I blend it in with my deep conditioning mixture and sit under the dryer for about 20-30 mins. I use half conditioner and half Roux Porosity Control. :rolleyes:

Geminigirl

Going to check out the video but what are you guys specifically talking about since the OP was talking about Condish and then Poo was thrown in there too? I have wanted to get this but never really saw the reason. I def will be getting this ASAP.