Please Pray For Me....Really I Need Your Prayers!

chicacanella

Hi you all.

I need a bit of help. REALLY and SINCERELY. I don't want to get into details or all of my personal business but I need for you all to pray that I will get over a man that used to be in my life that wasn't any good for me. I mean, I don't understand how someone could have not been good for you yet, you still find yourself having affection or feelings for them. It's so weird cause' I think, okay he did this, that and this too but in the end I might find myself thinking, "Well, maybe it was you," or "maybe you can just talk to them again." Then I have to remind myself what the holy spirit told me about not associating with those who claim to be Christians yet are this certain way. It's in 1 Corinthians 5:1 I think. So, God has brought me out of this situation but I still think about them from time to time and I remind myself that I am worthy of all that God wants me to have in a man. And I am growing and growing and I can't dissapoint God by going back to this person, not that I would but sometimes you might see them again.

Anyhow, I just enjoyed spending time with them but I don't want to again because he is not on my level. I mean, if only he could be then I don't think God would have a problem with it but I just don't want to mess up. And I don't understand this but please pray that I will not cross paths with him until God has finished his work in me and that he has healed me from anything this association/or conversation/relationship may have brought.

Please do this for me because in Corinthians it says that even a little yeast goes through the whole dough. Something like that about sin can spread and I'm doing to well to mess up, not that I will I just need to finishing healing.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:

chicacanella

If you can, post scriptures about worth (as in a woman's worth or how God sees us) and anything that can help me.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5

I've been doing this and I will come back to this thread when I need reference.

I Corinthians 13:4

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.

Oh yeah, love isn't controlling, demanding, selfish, manipulative, rude, nor has the potential to knock you up side your head if you "get out of line." That's not love. It's funny how some men think that they have the right to do this but nope, love is suppose to protect. I don't know of anywhere in the bible where any man, husband or not has the right to control someone or smack them or punish them. I'm not saying all this is about me, I'm just saying that some men think they can do these things and it's not true. It's wrong.

The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly.

Last edited:

MissLawyerLady

For in Him we live, and move, and have our being. Acts 17:28.

We don't live because of a man, we don't move because of a boyfriend or husband, we don't exist because of other people. God, himself, is the reason that we are.

I will remember you in prayer.

Ericka

I will say a prayer for you. I'm actually going through something similar. I use to date a man that I began to love only for him to hurt me so bad to make me cry. I decided to still talk to him only on a friendship level but still carried feelings for him only for him to emotionally hurt me again. The best thing for me is to cut off all communication with him and move on. I still love him and apart of me still wants to be with him, but my heart isn't gonna let that happen. He just not right for me. I can find another man with the good qualities that he carry but in the end won't do anything to hurt me and bring me pain.

Stay strong and try not to dwell on the past. It's going to be hard, but with time and perseverance, you will get over it.

chicacanella

For in Him we live, and move, and have our being. Acts 17:28.

We don't live because of a man, we don't move because of a boyfriend or husband, we don't exist because of other people. God, himself, is the reason that we are.

I will remember you in prayer.

Thanks,JD. I know this too and I love God too much to mess up. I just want to release any affections I have because if they stay, well I know it isn't a good thing.

I will say a prayer for you. I'm actually going through something similar. I use to date a man that I began to love only for him to hurt me so bad to make me cry. I decided to still talk to him only on a friendship level but still carried feelings for him only for him to emotionally hurt me again. The best thing for me is to cut off all communication with him and move on. I still love him and apart of me still wants to be with him, but my heart isn't gonna let that happen. He just not right for me. I can find another man with the good qualities that he carry but in the end won't do anything to hurt me and bring me pain.

Stay strong and try not to dwell on the past. It's going to be hard, but with time and perseverance, you will get over it.

No, I don't want to cry over him and his mess cause' he did do some messed up stuff and I know in part it was because of the HUGE age difference. The good times are what gets to me, you know having sewn into having a permanent thing and the fact that I was really hoping that this was "the one," only to feel it not actualized.

I'll pm' you.

juju

Isaiah 51:12

The Lord says " i am the one who strengthens you why should you fear mortal man,who is no more enduring than grass.

51:13

Have you forgotten the Lord who made you,who strectched out the heavens and laid the earth's foundations ?
Why should you live in constant fear of the fury of those who oppress you,of those who are ready to destroy you?
Their fury can no longer touch you.

ArrrBeee

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8

I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

I will strengthen you and help you; I wll uphold you with my righteous hand. Isaiah 41:10

I am with you, I am mighty to save. I will take great delight in you. I will take great delight in you. I will quiet you with my love. I will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Remember what happened to Lot's wife when she looked back. She could never undo her actions. Don't look back.

BeautifulFlower

This sounds like what I am going through right now.

Just remember that God brought you out so he can give you more. He wants your love and attention. He wants you to be faithful to Him. Going back is not an option unless this person shows faithfulness to God. You can have a good choice or God's choice. God will give his best to those who wait on Him. Say this prayer:

My heavenly Father, I humbly submit spirit, soul, and body to You. I renounce and confess my relational sins with (person). I no longer desire any ties with (person) and ask that You would destroy all counterfeit oneness with and memories of (person). Please break my sexual bonds [if this is the case], obssessive thoughts, emotional desires and dependencies with (person). Help me forget my illicit union with (person) so that I am free to give my body, soul, and spirit to You and my future husband. Thank You for loving and forgiving me and setting me free. Amen.

I recommend reading "Choosing God's Best". It will change your love life forever.

madamdot

You are in my prayers! I understand how you feel. I prayer for guidance, clarity of thought and full peace of mind.

chicacanella

Okay, God is sooooo good! I know it may seem like it is impossible for prayers to be answered this quickly BUT I had prayed, then I asked you all to pray, then my friend prayed for me, and I prayed again AND today, I do not feel any romantic affection for the man right now. But you know, I am going to speak, "I don't feel any romantic affection anymore." This is how I want it to be and this is how God wants it to be, so this is what I will claim. But for all those who prayed for me, thank you soooooo much.

As I've heard, sometimes as you grow closer to God, there will be circumstances that try to set you back but God let me forsee the possibility and thank God I acted and prayed. Thank you guys soooo much for praying for me. I love you all!:yep:

golden bronze

Many of us have had this problem. We know he's no good for us. He isn't what God has for us. And yet we continue to go windowshopping in the devil's store.

Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt and some scars! Here is what I learned:

Understand that if the holy spirit and the Lord have revealed to you that this man is not good for you, he is not sent to you of God. That doesn't mean that he is evil, but God will not send someone in your life that leads you away from your purpose for him. If that is happening, that's not of God.

1. God will never deny you any good thing. Often the enemy will try to convince us that we are being denied something by remaining obediant to God's word. You say you know this man is not good for you, but do you know it in your heart? Often times we don't see the heartache attached to our desires gone a wry. David didn't. Neither did Moses. This is as old as Eden itself. But remember: Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God gives good gifts. He would never give you a gift that would cause you to stumble.

2. God will never allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear.
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. NIV1 Cor 10:13 The devil tempts, but God permits us to be tested. Have you ever had to take a test you are ill prepared for? You have to use your spiritual weapons to deal with this situation. Don't count on the flesh. Pray. Meditate. Read your bible. Surround yourself with Christian friends who will hold you accountable when the hour gets late and you desire to call him. You don't have to sin. God will provide a way out and clean out your heart.

3. Seek God's purpose. Don't get distracted! Usually distractions come when God is trying the hardest to bless you with a breakthrough. The devil knows if he can distract you and get you to take your eyes off of Christ, he can block your blessing. There was once a little story I got on e-mail about a man who made it to heaven. It was more beautiful than the mind could imagine. Then there was one room in heaven locked away. the man wanted to enter, but an angel stopped him. The angel said, "You don't want to go in there." The man asked why. The angel said," That room is filled with all the blessings you never recieved because you did not trust in God." Now is the time for you to be serious about the beauty God has for you.

I know that you will have a praise report to tell us regarding this issue. It is already done!

Last edited:

chicacanella

Many of us have had this problem. We know he's no good for us. He isn't what God has for us. And yet we continue to go windowshopping in the devil's store.

Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt and some scars! Here is what I learned:

Understand that if the holy spirit and the Lord have revealed to you that this man is not good for you, he is not sent to you of God. That doesn't mean that he is evil, but God will not send someone in your life that leads you away from your purpose for him. If that is happening, that's not of God.

1. God will never deny you any good thing. Often the enemy will try to convince us that we are being denied something by remaining obediant to God's word. You say you know this man is not good for you, but do you know it in your heart? Often times we don't see the heartache attached to our desires gone a wry. David didn't. Neither did Moses. This is as old as Eden itself. But remember: Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God gives good gifts. He would never give you a gift that would cause you to stumble.

2. God will never allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear.
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. NIV1 Cor 10:13 The devil tempts, but God permits us to be tested. Have you ever had to take a test you are ill prepared for? You have to use your spiritual weapons to deal with this situation. Don't count on the flesh. Pray. Meditate. Read your bible. Surround yourself with Christian friends who will hold you accountable when the hour gets late and you desire to call him. You don't have to sin. God will provide a way out and clean out your heart.

3. Seek God's purpose. Don't get distracted! Usually distractions come when God is trying the hardest to bless you with a breakthrough. The devil knows if he can distract you and get you to take your eyes off of Christ, he can block your blessing. There was once a little story I got on e-mail about a man who made it to heaven. It was more beautiful than the mind could imagine. Then there was one room in heaven locked away. the man wanted to enter, but an angel stopped him. The angel said, "You don't want to go in there." The man asked why. The angel said," That room is filled with all the blessings you never recieved because you did not trust in God." Now is the time for you to be serious about the beauty God has for you.

I know that you will have a praise report to tell us regarding this issue. It is already done!

Yes, I agree with everything you said. I know he is not good for me...I will pray that God changes him because then I could at least associate with him. Even moreso though, it would bring glory to God. You know the scripture that says, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you," well, the kingdom of God is His will...right? That's what I pray that whatever His will is, it will be don.e

I don't know if you know but God just baptised me in The Holy Spirit and I spoke in tongues so I think this definitely could be a distraction. But as you said, God won't let me be tempted beyond what I could stand up against. I have to do my part and resist cause' I know God now as my father and I love Him too much to mess up now.

Ericka

No, I don't want to cry over him and his mess cause' he did do some messed up stuff and I know in part it was because of the HUGE age difference. The good times are what gets to me, you know having sewn into having a permanent thing and the fact that I was really hoping that this was "the one," only to feel it not actualized.

I'll pm' you.

I totally understand. I felt the same way about the guy I was dating. He was also quite a bit older than me, but I didn't think that really made a difference. I just though we were on the same page such as finding someone real and not with the games. Basically someone ready to settle down.

I'll look out for your PM. There's no rush, I'll understand also if you change your mind about the PM.