Pin Curls on Lightly Flat Ironed Hair

CurlyLawGal

Good morning, all!

I just had to share my successful pin curl set! The pictures are not the best, so I will see if my SO can take some pics after work. But, I just could not continue working without sharing this with you all!

Here is what I did:

* Washed w/ Ion sulfate free shampoo
* Deep conditioned with Matrix Ultra Hydrating Conditioning balm
* Applied Paul Mitchell super skinny
* Air dried all day in a wet bun
* Blow dried damp sections on low heat with fingers (no comb or brush)
* Flat ironed with one pass (my hair was not 100% straight)
* Applied a dab of coconut oil
* Pin curled

I am in LOVE with the results! :love2: The pics really don't do it justice, but I just wanted to pass this along to any naturals who are trying to use less heat. :yep:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 565
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 590
Last edited:

pookaloo83

Pretty! My siggy is pin curled hair too. I love to be able to get curls with no heat! That's all I did when I was relaxed.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Darenia

Very nice and healthy looking also.

I am going to have to add that super skinny to my wish list.

remnant

Your hair looks shiny and you are natural :-o That's a successful flat iron and pincurl job :up:

CurlyLawGal

Looks straight to me! What kind of flat iron do you have?

I use the classic Pink Chi http://www.target.com/p/CHI-Air-Classic-Tourmaline-Ceramic-1-Flat-Iron-Collection/CHI-Air-Classic-Trmln-Crmic-1-Flat-Iron/-/A-12796745

I need to upgrade, but I just can't bring myself to pay for ANOTHER flat iron. However, I do like this one because you can control the heat setting.

Raspberry

Simply beautiful!

Here is what I did:

* Washed w/ Ion sulfate free shampoo
* Deep conditioned with Matrix Ultra Hydrating Conditioning balm
* Applied Paul Mitchell super skinny
* Air dried all day in a wet bun
* Blow dried damp sections on low heat with fingers (no comb or brush)
* Flat ironed with one pass (my hair was not 100% straight)
* Applied a dab of coconut oil
* Pin curled

I am in LOVE with the results! :love2: The pics really don't do it justice, but I just wanted to pass this along to any naturals who are trying to use less heat. :yep:

Your instructions seem ideal for relaxed heads who want to minimize heat as well, I'll bookmark this :yep:

ChristmasCarol

Love your siggy! I want to try Crisco, I'm just still a bit skeptical. Does it have a scent?

CurlyLawGal

Thank you!

Crisco is just soybean oil and palm oil - both contain ceramides, which is a plus. There's nothing mysterious in it. If your hair likes most oils, it will probably like Crisco. :yep:

No, it has no scent at all.

classoohfive

Okay, I give in. :look: At first I said, "Crisco? Never. Not for me." and each reveal thread pushed more closer... I'm going to try Crisco. I have a big thing of it I hardly use (I think I used once) and I was going to flat iron anyway. All of the results posted have been gorgeous. :love: And thanks for posting how you did it, I'm texlaxed and I try not to use heat as often as possible so I'll be referring back to your post. :) Your hair turned out great! I might have to try pin curls too. :yep:

starchgirl

Your pin curls turned out great! They are a great no heat way to preserve a flat iron job. I used pin curls to survive a 4 day business trip to Vegas last May with freshly flat ironed hair. The only tools I had were bobby pins, oil and my scarf.