PIN CURLS (RANT)

Qetesh

i have just discovered pin curls ....:eek: all this time i never knew how wonderful it could make my hair look. .... i know i am soo late but i needed to make a thread dedicated to it because my hair was BANGIN today from them. i know i need to take some pics but besides my hair i feel like crap.

all i did last night was throw some garnier sleek and shine and some hot six oil then a pin curled my hair in 7 pin curls yea only a total of 7 booby pins in my hair. then i jus covered it with a silk scarf and went to bed.. it was so simple....

this morning i woke up and took my hair down and :eek: i had large bouncy curls all over and no discomfort all night with sleeping...

why havnt i done this sooner?

sweetcashew

Yep, I love pin curls. And if you do it after roller setting you can have curls that last all week.
BTW I love your hair. :)

Qetesh

sweetcashew said:
Yep, I love pin curls. And if you do it after roller setting you can have curls that last all week.
BTW I love your hair. :)

thank you and your hair is very nice also.

i guess i want to let people know they shouldnt sleep on them, i have been trying to roll my hair up in foam rollers at night and this is good for when my hair is natural but if it is flat ironed pin curls work the best for me, they are lighter and provide a larger curl for me that what any foam roller could ever do, i couldnt even sleep in magnetic, and hotcurling is out of the question..

this is a new staple for me with flat ironed hair. all this time i thought it wouldnt work for some reason :ohwell:

Qetesh

i finally took some photos of my pincurls, it turns out the one in the back fell out when i was sleeping last night so it really looks better if they fully set but... oooo well.

this was done with 6 pincurls overnight... one thing i didnt notice when i first made this thread is by the night the curls pretty much fall out :(

Attachments

• pin1.jpg
    pin1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 50
  • pin2.jpg
    pin2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 49

Qetesh

seraphinelle said:
They look so pretty!

You hair looks real healthy.

Do you do bantu knots too?

thank you :)

i have never done a bantu knot on my hair. i should try to learn it tho.

its funny because i was talking to my mom and i told her how much i liked them and she was like "come on u just found out about that i did those all the time back in the day b4 rollers, i never thought u would want to spend that kinda time on your hair"

the honest truth is this is actually faster than rollers for me since i only put in 6-9 pin curls... and its alot more comfortable than rollers and less damaging, in fact my hair has been looking more healthy since i started doing these this week.

i am slowly getting better with making them "last all day" either way i dont mind too much that they fall out and its a keeper for my hair.