Pics-of my STOCKING CAP METHOD

[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
okay, so you wash your hair in the stocking cap? How do you make sure you get the scalp clean and get all the conditioner out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually tell by the water running clear or by removing the cap and checking to see if any conditioner or shampoo residue is left. sometimes i use my fingernail and lightly scrape the scalp, there would be a white residue embedded within the nail, if any product is left on scalp. I simply re-rinse.

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
okay, so you wash your hair in the stocking cap? How do you make sure you get the scalp clean and get all the conditioner out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually tell by the water running clear or by removing the cap and checking to see if any conditioner or shampoo residue is left. sometimes i use my fingernail and lightly scrape the scalp, there would be a white residue embedded within the nail, if any product is left on scalp. I simply re-rinse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Den!!

[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Den!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for asking that question..i've posted this in my hair album /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
Oh..do you think this will work with braids (extensions), too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes definitely:)

Please ignore the appearance of my face, i look very ugly (as usual). Den1-stop it please! You are a very pretty girl you look just like my best friend!

<font color="purple">Den, I did the stocking cap method when I had my hair in braids and helped with the frizzing and such. Also, I found out that if you wash your braids with the cap on, you won't be manipulating your hair as much. I came up with the idea on that several months back. I hope it works well for you. This is also great if you want to keep your hairline lay straight after slicking your hair back in a ponytail. You are beautiful. Don't say you're an ugly ducking, my love. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
BabyCurls said:
<font color="purple">Den, I did the stocking cap method when I had my hair in braids and helped with the frizzing and such. Also, I found out that if you wash your braids with the cap on, you won't be manipulating your hair as much. I came up with the idea on that several months back. I hope it works well for you. This is also great if you want to keep your hairline lay straight after slicking your hair back in a ponytail. You are beautiful. Don't say you're an ugly ducking, my love. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks babycurls, I thought of this method last year, but i didn't bother to try it until now, isn't it great indeed? btw your hair isd getting so long, good on you girl /images/graemlins/clap.gif.

Hmm, I've never even heard of this method. I'm going to try this one day soon. Thanks Den!

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Browndilocks said:
[ QUOTE ]
Please ignore the appearance of my face, i look very ugly (as usual).

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop saying that! /images/graemlins/spank.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true, I think i may go ahead with plastic surgery,to get my nose and lips reduced.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm. I love you and your sis lips. I wish I had pretty lips /images/graemlins/confused.gif, and the nose, what's wrong with it. It doesn't look big to me

Girl, FORGET cosmetic surgery. You are NOwhere near ugly! Use that money for more PRODUCTS for all that pretty hair. You KNOW you're a diva! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Meka0517

Thanks ladies, I cannot believe the incredible extent of sisterly love demonstrated throughout these posts, it really does make me feel loved lol even though we haven't met or know one another on a personal level, makes me happy to be amongst such positive ladies like yourselves, thanks again.

I'm so confused. Why are we washing our hair in a stocking cap? Can I use it if I don't have braids?

Oha nd you are beautiful.

[ QUOTE ]
Honeyhips said:
I'm so confused. Why are we washing our hair in a stocking cap? Can I use it if I don't have braids?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your kind compliements Honeyhips /images/graemlins/grin.gif if you read the intro the thread, i wanted to share a method to those who choose to wear braid styles /images/graemlins/grin.gif, and would like them to last longer, it helps prevent too much manipulation, serious fuzzing and loosening of braids. it works for me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

And here's me wishing for more lips and a Big ole booty!!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Hush na! /images/graemlins/smile.gifBonjour

Thanks Den, for the clear instructions! This is something I'm gonna have to try!

And if you don't stop putting yourself down, I'm gonna have to give you a cyber whip! /images/graemlins/whip.gif You OWE it to yourself to celebrate the way God made you. /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Honeyhips said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your kind compliements Honeyhips /images/graemlins/grin.gif if you read the intro the thread, i wanted to share a method to those who choose to wear braid styles /images/graemlins/grin.gif, and would like them to last longer, it helps prevent too much manipulation, serious fuzzing and loosening of braids. it works for me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Oh okay... DUH! LOL

Question Den, does your scalp get clean (well as clean as it can be) with this method? I'm planning on going back to braids in about 1 week and wouldn't mind trying this. I have heard of it for years now but never bothered. Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoKitty said:
Great method Den1. And just like everyone else is saying YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE &amp; OUT!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO DITTO!!!!

hiza...

Hi Faith,
I really thought that i would suffer a lot of build-up using this method, i've been trying this for only 3 weeks now and i have no build-up on my scalp plus it is soo clean and i'm just washing my hair with light conditioners, when i scrape my scalp with my fingers their is absoulutely no build-up, even at the base of the braid/twist. the trick for me is not to use heavy products such as too much oils, pomades, oil moisturisetrs during the week or inevitably it would be harder to remove build-up using a stocking cap. i usually redo a few braids every three weeks to avoid matting. i will continue with this routine as it is working for me.

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
Question Den, does your scalp get clean (well as clean as it can be) with this method? I'm planning on going back to braids in about 1 week and wouldn't mind trying this. I have heard of it for years now but never bothered.
Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for sharing the tip!

I plan on washing my senegalese twists in a couple of weeks and was really worried about the possible frizz after the wash.

Back