ORS Replenishing Pak+Nexxus Keraphix+Aceite 3 oil=Butter Soft Hair!!

Divine Inspiration

Hi ladies! :wave:

Today I decided to poo/DC after a rough hair week. I have long been a fan of Keraphix (salon version, not the new stuff), and I have also been a fan of ORS Replenishing Paks, but I had never thought to try the two together. I usually mix Kerpahix w/ Humectress, but I've run out of the salon Humectress so that's the end of that.

Well, today I mixed 2 Replenishing Paks, Aceite 3 oil, and Keraphix and warmed it for 25 seconds. I applied it after I shampooed with Botanoil. I let it sit (w/ processing cap) for 40 minutes, then I sat under the dryer for 25 minutes. When I rinsed, my hair was AMAZING!!! This mixture straight MELTED my hair into soft, shiny, manageable strands...PLUS the breakage I was dealing with was GONE...not a strand in the comb. :eek: :D

I am extremely pleased with the way my hair feels after this treatment. I think I'll continue to do this every other week except I'll be pooing w/ J/A/S/O/N/'s Sea Kelp after the Botanoil runs out.

Anyway, just wanted to share because I know there are ladies here who love both the ORS Paks and Keraphix. I highly recommend the Aceite 3 too...it's super light, smells nice, and adds some MAJOR shine. Now if I could just get ORS to put the "paks" in liter bottles, I'd be in business. :lol:

{DI}

luvSLave

Hey Divine!:wave:

What's in the Aceite oil? Is that the one you posted about that can be found in the ethnic hair care section?

My hair hates Humectress so I usually mix Keraphix with Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm. The combo makes my hair feel like buttah! Sometimes I throw in a few drops of Hot 6 Oil. My hair doesn't like the ORS either but I've got a pack left so tomorrow when I DC I plan to mix it with Miss Key 10 and 1. Keep your fingers crossed for me.:)

ETA: FYI, since Keraphix is the only Nexxus product I can't do without, I sent them an email and supposedly they have not, nor do they have plans to, change the formula.

Last edited:

secretdiamond

I tried ORS and Keraphix combo and I love it too. :yep: My two staples for life.... or until I run out of the pro version of Keraphix. :(

Divine Inspiration

luvSLave said:
Hey Divine!:wave:

What's in the Aceite oil? Is that the one you posted about that can be found in the ethnic hair care section?

My hair hates Humectress so I usually mix Keraphix with Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm. The combo makes my hair feel like buttah! Sometimes I throw in a few drops of Hot 6 Oil. My hair doesn't like the ORS either but I've got a pack left so tomorrow when I DC I plan to mix it with Miss Key 10 and 1. Keep your fingers crossed for me.:)

ETA: FYI, since Keraphix is the only Nexxus product I can't do without, I sent them an email and supposedly they have not, nor do they have plans to, change the formula.

Hey girl! How ya been?

The ingredients of the Aceite 3 are olive oil, almond oil, and castor oil. And yes, this is the oil that's in the ethnic section at Walgreens next to Pomada de Azefure, sulfur soaps, etc.

Yeah, I think Keraphix mixed with almost any moisturizing con will produce strong, soft hair. Miss Key and ORS sounds like a mega-moisturizing combination. Let me know how that goes. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
This treatment sound very good! How much of the aceite oil and kerapHix do you mix with the ORS? Also, can I substitute any other oil if I can't find the aceite 3?

Divine Inspiration said:
Hi ladies! :wave:

Today I decided to poo/DC after a rough hair week. I have long been a fan of Keraphix (salon version, not the new stuff), and I have also been a fan of ORS Replenishing Paks, but I had never thought to try the two together. I usually mix Kerpahix w/ Humectress, but I've run out of the salon Humectress so that's the end of that.

Well, today I mixed 2 Replenishing Paks, Aceite 3 oil, and Keraphix and warmed it for 25 seconds. I applied it after I shampooed with Botanoil. I let it sit (w/ processing cap) for 40 minutes, then I sat under the dryer for 25 minutes. When I rinsed, my hair was AMAZING!!! This mixture straight MELTED my hair into soft, shiny, manageable strands...PLUS the breakage I was dealing with was GONE...not a strand in the comb. :eek: :D

I am extremely pleased with the way my hair feels after this treatment. I think I'll continue to do this every other week except I'll be pooing w/ J/A/S/O/N/'s Sea Kelp after the Botanoil runs out.

Anyway, just wanted to share because I know there are ladies here who love both the ORS Paks and Keraphix. I highly recommend the Aceite 3 too...it's super light, smells nice, and adds some MAJOR shine. Now if I could just get ORS to put the "paks" in liter bottles, I'd be in business. :lol:

{DI}

Divine Inspiration

bklynwildheart said:
This treatment sound very good! How much of the aceite oil and kerapHix do you mix with the ORS? Also, can I substitute any other oil if I can't find the aceite 3?

I only used a few ounces of the Aceite 3. It's lighter than most oils so a little goes a long way. I would use EVOO as a substitute for Aceite 3, but the Aceite 3 is lighter than EVOO so the effect is considerably different, IMO. Coconut oil or jojoba oil may have similar effects though since both are lighter than EVOO.

As afar as amounts go, I used a mixing bowl (like what you'd use for coloring), and I put the 2 Paks in, filled the rest of the bowl with Keraphix, and added just a little of the Aceite 3, maybe 1/2 an ounce. I don't usually measure, but I am aware of amounts relative to the bowl being full so that's how I keep track of things.

HTH

{DI}