Order for Jamila BAQ Henna by 11/13/2006

SparklingFlame

Yeah, girl. I unerstand the hesitation. I cant even understand what the heck he's saying in the e-mail so you're good! :lol: I feel a little cautious now myself. :cool: What are you leaning towards, canning the whole thing?

AtlantaJJ

Keep Hope Alive !! LOL

naturallady said:
Yeah, girl. I unerstand the hesitation. I cant even understand what the heck he's saying in the e-mail so you're good! :lol: I feel a little cautious now myself. :cool: What are you leaning towards, canning the whole thing?
Not at all I say lets keep our "Henna Co-op" going, we are all interested in getting a good deal. I just have to do some more research, and I may have some other options since I am now asking around some of the indian people that I work with, they may have options here in Atlanta that I am not aware of. So keep hope alive, we may just need to use another source.

Lavendar

Doesn't sound concerning to me JJ. Just sounds like he would be willing to reduce the invoiced amount he gave you by any significant fee you might incur during shipping, which from what others have said is not much. At least that's what I got out of it. I doubt very seriously you would have problems in customs with henna, just because so many places sell it here now. Just my 2 pennies;)

AtlantaJJ

Re: Order for Jamila BAQ Henna by TBD

Lavendar said:
Doesn't sound concerning to me JJ. Just sounds like he would be willing to reduce the invoiced amount he gave you by any significant fee you might incur during shipping, which from what others have said is not much. At least that's what I got out of it. I doubt very seriously you would have problems in customs with henna, just because so many places sell it here now. Just my 2 pennies;)

Okay, I've sent an email Jamila exporter to get claification on the following points:

• Customs - extra fees imposed to the purchaser in United States if item is searched, damage to items opened with box cutters for inspection. Delay in delivery of items due to hold up in customs.
  • FedEx charging extra delivery fees once in United States to be paid by purchaser

• I asked for an explaination of the extra duties on the henna powder. I also asked how can they *under invoice* after we have already sent the payment for the order?

• When are customs duties assessed, when the powder leaves Pakestain or when they enter into the United States?

Just a couple of easy questions right?

The Consignee for the Western Union money transfer would be us. We have to factor in the Western Union Fee for the order. (I think they have a scale based on amount of transfer)

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Re: Order for Jamila BAQ Henna by TBD

AtlantaJJ said:
Okay, I've sent an email Jamila exporter to get claification on the following points:
  • Customs - extra fees imposed to the purchaser in United States if item is searched, damage to items opened with box cutters for inspection. Delay in delivery of items due to hold up in customs.
  • FedEx charging extra delivery fees once in United States to be paid by purchaser
  • I asked for an explaination of the extra duties on the henna powder. I also asked how can they *under invoice* after we have already sent the payment for the order?
  • When are customs duties assessed, when the powder leaves Pakestain or when they enter into the United States?
Just a couple of easy questions right?

The Consignee for the Western Union money transfer would be us. We have to factor in the Western Union Fee for the order. (I think they have a scale based on amount of transfer)

I'll post the response when I receive it.

Lavendar

Great questions! Wow, it's a lot more to this than I was thinking. Bless your heart for pushing forward with it. The upside is that once all the research is done and the first order is completed, the process should be a breeze from then on, provided no unforeseen things occur. I do think even after all expenses are added up and divvyed out to each person, we will still save a ton on 10 boxes per person. Thanks JJ for doing this and let me know if you need extra "research" hands.;)

JazzyDez

amr501 said:
Got it! I pm'd ya back :)
Just waiting on the response/outcome of the email AtlantaJJ sent out!;)

arm501 so if you are handling the other half of the orders is it too late to count me in?

AtlantaJJ

amr501 said:
Got it! I pm'd ya back :)
Just waiting on the response/outcome of the email AtlantaJJ sent out!;)
I'm waiting too ! LOL, no response so far today. I sent it at the same time I did that post.

I have another source that's not as cheap, but definately reliable with excellent quality BAQ henna here in the US. I will sample the product myself before I introduct it to the group (I placed an order yesterday, excellent BAQ henna, some consider better than Jamila - Rajasthani) I have a plan B in the works ladies if this one doesn't pan out.

AtlantaJJ

Received Response, it got caught in my SPAM FILTER!

I am pleased to answer all your questions but the most advisable thing will be you go through the Henna Forum of www.hennapage.com and float your question in it and you will get answers from all over U.S.A as the importers in U.S.A know better than me the landing cost per packet of 100g Jamila.

1. Our brand is famous in States so it do not face difficulty while customs but 5% chances are there that FDA hold the consignment in their routine. They then release within 2 to 8 days.

2. We pay FedEx/ DHL from here for free doorsteps delivery. If they charge extra, do not accept the packet and let me accordingly and I will manage from here.

3. The service charges of remittance are on the part of consignee.

4. The Invoice value is kept on lower side so as to keep an eye away from your Customs and FDA. The duties are assessed on Invoice value at destination customs.

Please feel free to contact if you need any further information.

Sincerely,

Looks Like We Can Move Forward! Let's check out the fourm he mentioned. Sorry for the delay in delivery, it was stuck in my spam folder.

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

Re: Received Response, it got caught in my SPAM FILTER!

AtlantaJJ said:
I am pleased to answer all your questions but the most advisable thing will be you go through the Henna Forum of www.hennapage.com and float your question in it and you will get answers from all over U.S.A as the importers in U.S.A know better than me the landing cost per packet of 100g Jamila.

1. Our brand is famous in States so it do not face difficulty while customs but 5% chances are there that FDA hold the consignment in their routine. They then release within 2 to 8 days.

2. We pay FedEx/ DHL from here for free doorsteps delivery. If they charge extra, do not accept the packet and let me accordingly and I will manage from here.

4. The Invoice value is kept on lower side so as to keep an eye away from your Customs and FDA. The duties are assessed on Invoice value at destination customs.

Sincerely,

Looks Like We Can Move Forward! Let's check out the fourm he mentioned. Sorry for the delay in deliver, it was stuck in my spam folder.

Yay!! :yay:
Sounds good to me! :)

zora

AtlantaJJ said:

Sincerely,

Looks Like We Can Move Forward! Let's check out the fourm he mentioned. Sorry for the delay in deliver, it was stuck in my spam folder.
:creatures :bouncegre :weird: :bouncegre :clapping: :clap: :woot: :bdance: :cheers:

BrownBetty

I have to drop out of this order, so you all can bump whoever is after me. I'll catch you all the next time. Thanks!