Order for Jamila BAQ Henna by 11/13/2006

AtlantaJJ

Order for Jamila BAQ Henna TBD

I'm starting this thread for those interested in placing a group order for Jamila BAQ henna directly from Pakistan.

Please keep this thread focused on organizing ordering details only.

I need a hand count, and then we can decide what our total order amount should be.

We also need to figure out how to get it sent out to every one once it gets to the US, so we should try to keep our per person order amount on the lower side to avoid excessive shipping expenses

Any help organizing this is would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Last edited:

Cichelle

I'm in.

If you want to keep the per person order amount on the lower side, I guess we need to see how many people are going to be in the group order before we can decide a realistic number of boxes per person.

I'm here to help if you need anything.

thesweetone

I'm in. I'd like 22 100g boxes if possible and I'm willing to pay for having it shipped to me here in Maryland after it gets to the US. However, if we're getting a smaller amount, I'll take whatever I can get this order and then stock up again whenever we do the next bulk order.

Thanks!

AtlantaJJ

Cichelle said:
I'm in.

If you want to keep the per person order amount on the lower side, I guess we need to see how many people are going to be in the group order before we can decide a realistic number of boxes per person.

I'm here to help if you need anything.

You guys help set the ground rules before the flood gates open:lol:

I was just thinking if one of us gets 10 lbs of henna and have to mail it around the US it could get costly...

One order example would be 5Kg = $135 divided by 5 people (an example) would put our per person cost at $27.00 before US final shipping. ... more people the per person cost goes down...
Let me know what you think, I'm thinking out loud here... what makes sense?

AtlantaJJ

thesweetone said:
I'm in. I'd like 22 100g boxes if possible and I'm willing to pay for having it shipped to me here in Maryland after it gets to the US. However, if we're getting a smaller amount, I'll take whatever I can get this order and then stock up again whenever we do the next bulk order.

Thanks!

We have to have it shipped to one place. You may not be able to order a specified amount, it will be based on the number of people who go in on the order. We will figure out what the extra shipping cost will be after we decide on an amount. (the shipping cost from my house to yours for example)

You always have the option of ordering directly from the company.
http://www.jamila.com.pk/

Armyqt

We xan use this site to estimate shipping costs http://postcalc.usps.gov/ We would have to estimate the the weight of (1) 100 gram box. Anyone have a kitchen scale? This will give us an estimate to put in for the lbs depending on the amount of boxes. You can all PM me your zipcodes and I'll calculate the shipping from ATL.

Proudpiscean

I say we keep the number of the group low to keep down confusion. Let's say a group of five. We could order 10 kg, which would be 100 boxes @ $210 (including shipping from pakistan) that would be 20 boxes each ($42) per person. And just add on extra for the shipping to get it to your state. How does that sound?

Proudpiscean

Armyqt said:
We xan use this site to estimate shipping costs http://postcalc.usps.gov/ We would have to estimate the the weight of (1) 100 gram box. Anyone have a kitchen scale? This will give us an estimate to put in for the lbs depending on the amount of boxes. You can all PM me your zipcodes and I'll calculate the shipping from ATL.

Good idea. :)

Last edited:

thesweetone

AtlantaJJ said:
We have to have it shipped to one place. You may not be able to order a specified amount, it will be based on the number of people who go in on the order. We will figure out what the extra shipping cost will be after we decide on an amount. (the shipping cost from my house to yours for example)

You always have the option of ordering directly from the company.
http://www.jamila.com.pk/

That's fine. I guess if we got 5Kg between 5 people that would be 10 boxes a piece which would hold me for a while. I suggest we do a 10Kg order split between 10 people. That way everybody gets 1000g or 10 boxes at $21 per person.

thesweetone

Armyqt said:

I found a calculator online. 100g is a little over 3.5 ounces. My zip code is 21044. Thanks!

AtlantaJJ

amr501 said:
I say we keep the number of the group low to keep down confusion. Let's say a group of five. We could order 10 kg, which would be 100 boxes @ $210 (including shipping from pakistan) that would be 20 boxes each ($42) per person. And just add on extra for the shipping to get it to your state. How does that sound?

That will keep it simple and straight forward. I don't want to cause a part time job for anyone.

I don't mind doing the shipping to everyone. I work right down the street from a major post office. We just need to figure packing cost also which should be nothing if I can help it. I'll try to get old boxes around the office and stuff them with bubble wrap...

I'll ship to you all from this U.S. Postal Service Address
257 Lawrence ST NE
Marietta, GA 30060-9998

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

Armyqt said:

I found a conversion calculator: http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/gram_calc.htm

According to this site 100 grams = 3.512 ounces......we just need to see how many grams we're going to get each.

Cichelle

AtlantaJJ said:
That will keep it simple and straight forward. I don't want to cause a part time job for anyone.

I don't mind doing the shipping to everyone. I work right down the street from a major post office.

I'll ship to you all from this U.S. Postal Service Address
257 Lawrence ST NE
Marietta, GA 30060-9998

I wrote you a pm. I have no idea how many people are or would be interested and where they are located. If it were a lot, more than one of us could bulk order from Jamila, so all the work did not fall on one person. In other words, we would break into two groups.

But, yeah, keeping it small simplifies everything.

AtlantaJJ

thesweetone said:
That's fine. I guess if we got 5Kg between 5 people that would be 10 boxes a piece which would hold me for a while. I suggest we do a 10Kg order split between 10 people. That way everybody gets 1000g or 10 boxes at $21 per person.

Yes, and the good news is that we can do this again in the future when we start to run low, we can have a henna ordering club! :)

AtlantaJJ

Cichelle said:
I wrote you a pm. I have no idea how many people are or would be interested and where they are located. If it were a lot, more than one of us could bulk order from Jamila, so all the work did not fall on one person. In other words, we would break into two groups.

Excellent idea...the good news is that we can do this often and have multiple people order. Just takes a little team work.

I have to run, I'll be off the puter for about 3 hours or so....I'll hop back in and see what you all worked out when I get back. I'm excited !!

I love team work!!!!! :love:

thesweetone

Cichelle said:

Cichelle this is a very good suggestion. I don't know what the final count will be, but if there are more than 5 or 10 people that want in, I would be willing to do a bulk order, that way another 5 or 10 people could have in.

Proudpiscean

Cichelle said:

I think that's a good idea! The first 5 that responded to the thread can be group one. AtlantaJJ, amr501, armyqt, Cichelle & thesweetone......
Then ,the next 5 responders can form another group- each group needs to designate a 'leader'....I think this will keep down the confusion (otherwise things will get crazy and this will become a never-ending thread!lol). I think the contact information had already been listed already, if not, I'll find it ....How does this sound to everyone?:)

Cichelle

amr501 said:
I think that's a good idea! The first 5 that responded to the thread can be group one. AtlantaJJ, amr501, armyqt, Cichelle & thesweetone......
Then ,the next 5 responders can form another group- each group needs to designate a 'leader'....I think this will keep down the confusion (otherwise things will get crazy and this will become a never-ending thread!lol). I think the contact information had already been listed already, if not, I'll find it ....How does this sound to everyone?:)

It sounds good to me. And I'd be happy to help with other groups if they need it. I'm sure others would as well.

Let's see what other ideas we get and what AtlantaJJ thinks of this when she returns.

Proudpiscean

AtlantaJJ said:
Excellent idea...the good news is that we can do this often and have multiple people order. Just takes a little team work.

I have to run, I'll be off the puter for about 3 hours or so....I'll hop back in and see what you all worked out when I get back. I'm excited !!

I love team work!!!!! :love:

Sounds like a plan! :grin:

Proudpiscean

Cichelle said:
It sounds good to me. And I'd be happy to help with other groups if they need it. I'm sure others would as well.

Let's see what other ideas we get and what AtlantaJJ thinks of this when she returns.

O.k....sounds like a plan! I'm willing to help in anyway I can as well! feel free to pm me! :)

Armyqt

Ladies, I'm going to sit this one out for now. I'll join another group if I find out otherwise. But with a little new information, I may be able to beat this price locally for me. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I will not hold up a spot. So if anyone is interested, they can have my spot in the "Fabulous Henna 5" :D . I will still help out with calculating the shipping charges. Henna for life :p

Proudpiscean

Armyqt said:
Ladies, I'm going to sit this one out for now. I'll join another group if I find out otherwise. But with a little new information, I may be able to beat this price locally for me. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I will not hold up a spot. So if anyone is interested, they can have my spot in the "Fabulous Henna 5" :D . I will still help out with calculating the shipping charges. Henna for life :p

O.k ..I'll ask naturallady.....I think she was next in 'line' on the thread. Good luck! I hope you can get a good deal locally, if not, you know we're here for ya :) ;)