Jamila Henna: BAQ #1 or #2

It~Can~Grow

pretty straight forward. I'm going to take the Henna plung..I need more strength and the bonus of JET black :grin:

Anyway, on the mendiart site is two identical boxes. Which are we buying?

Thank you

(aka BAQ 1, Personal Stash, Bridal Quality Jamila Henna)
Product of Pakistan

Jamila 1 Week - Sale Ends March 14th
Summer 2007!
Foil Pouch- BAQ A#1 - Super Sift

Jamila Henna 100% Natural and free of additives.
Recommend Purchase for your hair length (aka BAQ 2)
Product of Pakistan

Jamila Henna Sale
(Clear Cellophane Pouch)

It~Can~Grow

Oops...sorry, I'm mixing the Henna w/Indigo powder. They only sell the one Zarqa Indigo so I know that's it - but the Henna they made complicated :grin:

JLove74

Oops...sorry, I'm mixing the Henna w/Indigo powder. They only sell the one Zarqa Indigo so I know that's it - but the Henna they made complicated :grin:

If these are both from Hennaforhair, you can't go wrong either way. She only sells quality henna.

JustKiya

I'd get box one - it's fresher, and bridal quality (I suspect) means that it will be 'stronger/darker', as well. And the fact that it's a foil pouch (rather than a clear one) would have preserved it better as well.

It~Can~Grow

I'm not sure where you are located but have you checked your local Indian stores (if you have any)...I paid $1.49 for that exact 100g of Jamila BAQ henna. Also compare prices with
www.hennaforhair.com .

You're right and I do...I'm just the queen of online shopping I try to do everything online if possible.

Plus, when I called the three in my area I asked if they had Henna and they said, yes.

I was more specific and said "do you carry Jamila Henna" and they said, "yes, we carry Henna?"

I spoke up a little louder and pronounced my words with another level of clarity and again, "yes, we carry Henna".

:lachen:

Sooooo, I thought instead of wasting my time driving to find "Jamila" I would just order online.

I guess I could find something else to do while I'm out and about :ohwell:

It~Can~Grow

I'd get box one - it's fresher, and bridal quality (I suspect) means that it will be 'stronger/darker', as well. And the fact that it's a foil pouch (rather than a clear one) would have preserved it better as well.

That makes sense...bride quality - she'll want the best for her wedding day :grin:

Thanks, JKiya

HotRibena

You're right and I do...I'm just the queen of online shopping I try to do everything online if possible.

Plus, when I called the three in my area I asked if they had Henna and they said, yes.

I was more specific and said "do you carry Jamila Henna" and they said, "yes, we carry Henna?"

I spoke up a little louder and pronounced my words with another level of clarity and again, "yes, we carry Henna".

:lachen:

Sooooo, I thought instead of wasting my time driving to find "Jamila" I would just order online.

I guess I could find something else to do while I'm out and about :ohwell:

I hear ya...I love ordering online also but that price difference was ridiculous and then when you factor in shipping... but on the other hand if you are driving miles and miles at the current gas prices :rolleyes:

It~Can~Grow

Um...my experience in Henna hunting :wallbash:

This was the reason why I shop online...if it's not the right product when it arrives at my house, I can take it to the office and the mail folks will send it back to where ever for me...

I went to 4 stores (luckily they were w/in 10 blocks of one another) and each was progressively funnier than the next :ohwell:

Store #1. They had Hesh Alma, yes 1.99 and Dabur Vatika Oil, yes 300ml for 4.96 and free scalp massager brush.

Great prices, but no Jamila Henna (which was the point of my journey) and no Zarqua (sp?) Indigo.

Oh, they did have Henna and Indigo, but since the writing on the box was not English I thought I would pass :blush:.

Did I add I had to find a westernized customer to ask the owner if they carried the products :perplexed

Store #2. They carried Hesh Alma and nothing else. Inspite of the fact that the store was called "India Emporium". I knew this was going to be great..."Emporium" just sounds like big and full of stuff. Uh, no.

Store #3. From 97th to 119th. As I said they were all within blocks of one another. One strip mall to the next.

This store carried more clothing than anything else. Also, I got the strange feeling that Friday evening is grocery shopping evening instead of Saturday mornings...or maybe that's just me that grocery shops on Saturday mornings :spinning:

Anyway they were buying up every vegetable, packages of bean like pellets, etc and the store had nothing hair related.

Store #4. Little further away..119th to 145th. I got a strange feeling before I even set out for this one that they would not have anything as well. I guess I was picturing the location in my mind and I knew is was going to be between SteinMart and a bank and I couldn't picture it having traffic.

Arrived and as with the other stores the customers were busy buying groceries that I did not recognize just as they did not recognize me :lachen:

After I get up to the register, I show my piece of paper (as I've shown to the others) of my pictures of Henna, Indigo and Alma (man did I feel like a foreigner on vacation :grin:) grandma showed granddaughter who pulls down a bottle off the shelf that looks NOTHING like anything in my picture and says "this is Henna (spoke very good english)" and I say "a friend of mine :grin: said I need to get the kind in the picture."

She gave me the most insight that I'd received all evening...she said "we don't use these brands...we use "Zkuosils(sp? and can't pronounce) from home".

I gathered the reason why they carried so many boxes of all foreign named brands is because that's what they know and most likely what works best for their hair.

Soooo, I'm back home and ordered from mehndiskinart...at least they had a mini sale on Zarqa and Jamilla :perplexed

Even though the first store carried the Dabur and Alma, I don't think I'll go back just for those items even though they were cheaper.

Well that's my story annnnnnd why I order online.

Aggie

I order my products from www.mehndiskinart.com myself and the BAQ 1 and 2 are great but BAQ1 is better because it is finely sifted and bridal quality. I also purchased my indigo from this site. David Parkin, the owner was very helpful and patient in answering what seemed like a million questions for me. I will order from them again.

If you order wholesale, the prices drop considerably low and that's what I did. I live in the Bahamas so it's not like I can just drive up the street and find indian hair products, so I got enough to last me at least 6 - 9 months. We don't have Indian stores here in the Bahamas.