Only 11 Weeks Post & Ready To Throw In The Towel...Pics

Tracyee - do u know why it was easier for you the last stretch as opposed to this one...if I recall correctly - wasn't about 6 months?? Sorry if you have already answered this earlier...

Well I'm not having issues with the actual stretch...Everything is going smoothly..

My issue is styling and making it look nice with the 2 textures....One huge factor is I was a stay at home Mom during my other stretches

This time I'm working....So damp bunning everyday is not a option...

it looks great to me:perplexed::lol:
i get the best results from soaking wet hair/edges/ng being tied down and drying like that under dryer. stays smooth/flat.

Well I'm not having issues with the actual stretch...Everything is going smoothly..

My issue is styling and making it look nice with the 2 textures....One huge factor is I was a stay at home Mom during my other stretches

This time I'm working....So damp bunning everyday is not a option...

Okay...I see now...

Your hair and my hair are worlds apart but what helped me out (I wear my hair out 95% of the time) was roller wraps...because my hair is so fine it takes it no time to dry...(I would do my hair in morning before work)

Roller wraps are pretty much the only style I know as I don't know how to flat iron my own hair...

it looks great to me:perplexed::lol:
i get the best results from soaking wet hair/edges/ng being tied down and drying like that under dryer. stays smooth/flat.

Ok....Hmmmm Im going to try that tonight ..Since our textures are so much a like....hahahaha

Aww Traycee, I saw your new youtube video! Congrats on finding something that works and getting out of your slump!! So happy for you!
:congrats"
I think the fine tooth comb thing is a very essential part to slyver2's technique! I absolutely love all three videos that sylver2 has up!

Looks good to me too. I learned during my first 9 month stretch, using the scarf method along with some PM The Conditioner on wet hair, lays my edges and nape down very well. I usually tie the scarf back around my hair at night, but not reapplying product. That usually lasts a few days before I feel like I have to cowash my hair again.

That's the prettiest "mess" I've ever seen LOL
I think you should just flatiron those sections once then use a scarf at night to lay down the edges.

Have you tried mixing JBCO into your deep cponditioner, this will spoften your new growth alot!!!. I discovered this tip 12 weeks post. Im now 16 weeks post (as of today!!!) and im going to try to go until February. I also use Kera care poo and conditioner which make the hair extremely soft. Good Luck Girl!

Have you tried mixing JBCO into your deep cponditioner, this will spoften your new growth alot!!!. I discovered this tip 12 weeks post. Im now 16 weeks post (as of today!!!) and im going to try to go until February. I also use Kera care poo and conditioner which make the hair extremely soft. Good Luck Girl!

I do something similar...I apply my Castor Oil to my scalp and new growth after I apply my deep conditioner with a dye bottle...Then deep condition..Yes your right the CO and Conditioner makes your new growth super soft :yep:

It looks like you've gotten a lot of really sound advice already, and all of my recommendations have been said. (sopping wet hair w/ product and scarf until dry) I did want to say that I think that style is super hot! And that color is very flattering on you!

Tracyee,

Your hair is beautiful to me! I can't offer any advice because I'm trying to figure out what to do with my own wig..lol. Whatever you are doing it looks like it's working. :)

I have no new solid advice to add except to say that you are an inspiration to me! I discovered you early on in my HJ and...to me, your hair is always bangin. Your worst hair day would be my hair HEAVEN!:yep:
I am a long stretcher too (longest I"ve done is 15 weeks, and thats long to me) and I'm glad to know that one of my hair idols also has trouble making braidouts look nice this far into a stretch-- I thought it was just me.

Back