Need a gel that works, 8 mo. post, ready to relax edges...HELP!

drappedup

http://www.amazon.com/Smooth-Shine-Extra-Conditioning-60410b/dp/B000GCWF64

Smooth 'n Shine Gel. I got mine from the dollar store or somewhere like that. I prefer it to Elasta QP; has a little more hold, but they both work well.

This is also what I normally would say, because I wear my hair up to work everyday, and it is the ONLY gel I have tried that does not leave my hair full of flakes and crazy jacked after I take out my upstyle. But yesterday I started second-guessing it, because after reading some hair care articles, it said that any sort of gel/spray/etc. which lists mineral oil as a prime ingredient is NOT a good thing. I went and checked all of my hair care stuff I use, and 2 of the 3 had mineral oil listed 2nd. Smooth n' Shine gel was one of them. :nono::ohwell:

Miss Monae

I'm mad at you ladies who can use the Eco styler gel :lol: I purchased 3 hugh containers of the stuff, used it once and it made my hair so hard and crunchy it sound as if my hair was breaking :nono:

I co-sign on Long Aid Curl Activator gel--it's never let me down and it's the most moisturizing gel I have ever used. You will never get flakes from it--I got flakes from Eco Styler.

ITA and had the same experience! ~~HoneyComb~~, you put me on to this over a year ago and I have never looked back since.

Ladies, make sure you get the one that says it's for Extra Dry hair. HTH

Last edited:

NIN4eva

Oh. Mah. Gawd. I just got my Hick's in the mail. Put it on my edges... instant smooth. it even smoothed and added sheen to my NG where my parts are. I could cry ya'll. I have it tied down with a scarf now, although that wasn't even necessary. But the real test... spring time in Chicago.