One drawback to taking MSM and biotin daily

caribeandiva

Human being
...is that my fake nails are already growing out from under my cuticles and i got a fresh set 3 days ago! There's already a noticeable gap between the acrylics and my nail bed. this usually happens after a week and a half. this must mean that my hair is growing faster too but i can't notice it as i do my nails. i don't know if i should be happy or sad. i refuse to stop getting regular manicures so i'm probably gonna go broke keeping up with my nails at this rate. oh well.

p.s. i take 1000 mcg vitamin shoppe msm powder ang 5000 mcg rexall biotin capsules everyday.

Last edited:

baby42

caribeandiva said:
...is that my fake nails are already growing out from under my cuticles and i got a fresh set 3 days ago! There's already a noticeable gap between the acrylics and my nail bed. this usually happens after a week and a half. this must mean that my hair is growing faster too but i can't notice it as i do my nails. i don't know if i should be happy or sad. i refuse to stop getting regular manicures so i'm probably gonna go broke keeping up with my nails at this rate. oh well.

p.s. i take 1000 mcg vitamin shoppe msm powder ang 5000 mcg rexall biotin capsules everyday.
i must not be takeing enough cause my nails are doing not a thing i took off the acrylic nail and my real nail was nice and long then they broke off:eek: :confused: so now i just sent for some nail vit may be all the biotin i take go,s to my hair and now my nail are short but they are healty looking just i let her do a manicure with my own nail its cheaper:lol:

sholly6

Hi this might be a stupid question anywho, what is msm use for and what does it do for hair?

thanks,

sue:Rose:

Blackoutzangel05

I take One a Day women's MV and 2500 mcg of Biotin (GNC brand) and I was just showing my fiancee last night that my nails are just as long as my acrylics. Of course I don't want to take them off because my nails are probably weak but I believe that I will eventually let the acrylic grow off...so I say now LOL that won't happen because I hate my nails not looking done. I hope that my hair has this fast growth rate as well.....

Hidden_Angel

:( I'm sorry, and I know you love your pretty nails to! Well maybe you can learn how to do them yourself? Thats what I'm learning how to do!
I even started how on my fotki but some of the pictures didn't turn out well so Ill have to redone them and take pictures

XXXtacy

sholly6 said:
Hi this might be a stupid question anywho, what is msm use for and what does it do for hair?

thanks,

sue:Rose:

Welcome Sue,

MSM is a supplement that provides digestible sulfur to your body. Sulfur is great for skin, hair, and nails as well as joint mobility. You can put MSM in the search feature and find a plethora of information about it.

Blessings,

sholly6

XXXtacy said:
Welcome Sue,

MSM is a supplement that provides digestible sulfur to your body. Sulfur is great for skin, hair, and nails as well as joint mobility. You can put MSM in the search feature and find a plethora of information about it.

Blessings,

Thanks that help I run out get some this weekend:)

Sue

tricie

Kinda of a good problem to have, huh? :)

I, too, noticed that my nails are as long as my solar nails underneath. They are growing at a normal rate as far as fills, but I can tell that the nails beds are stronger and not as weak even though my nail tech uses a drill the last time I got a new set.

One think that I noticed was that a few weeks back, one of my solar nails broke, leaving me to have to peel it off until I could get it fixed. Fortunately, it was the same day as my fill so I didn't have to go too long. During that entire day at work, my nail, that I usually have to peel back to keep from stabbing myself and others, didn't break. At all. Not once.

These products absolutely work!! So sorry it's costing you, though! What we do for beauty! :)

caribeandiva

Human being
sholly6 said:
Thanks that help I run out get some this weekend:)

Sue

make sure you get the powder form because it's the most potent. That stuff is very bitter so mix it with orange or grape juice to minimize the taste.

Hidden-angel, thanks for the info. i checked out your fotki and will definetely help me with my next manicure. again thank you!