Ok..Wait..Deep Conditioner then regular conditioner? Help!!

natural_one

What order should I go in? Shampoo, Deep conditioner and then regular conditioner or vice versa? Or no regular conditioner at all? What do you do when u deep condition?

Isis

I shampoo, rinse, then use a good moisturizing deep conditioner for 30-45 minutes. After rinsing, I use a leave-in conditioner.:)

ShaniKeys

Isis said:
I shampoo, rinse, then use a good moisturizing deep conditioner for 30-45 minutes. After rinsing, I use a leave-in conditioner.:)
That's usually how I do it too.

Bosslady1

I CWC...which is to condition (pre-poo), shampoo (wash), then condition (deep condition).

HTH!

Mestiza

Isis said:

Ditto! :yep: Sometimes, I skip the shampoo, though.

God's Anointed

I pre-poo with Hair Mayo (just started doing this and i love it), shampoo then deep condition again. After that, I usually use a rinse while i'm taking a shower.

Mizani_Mrs

If u are doing a med-to-heavy protein deep conditioner, then you will need to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. Otherwise, there isn't a need for a 2nd conditioner... You would just add your leave-ins and continue to dry/style...

kally

When I first joined the hair boards. I would: Pre poo, shampoo, deep condition, then condition, use a leave in, then moisture, then oil. Weekly. This cause my hair great dry and hardness and my hair is naturally soft.

So I found out I was doing to much, Now I just shampoo, deep condition, use the leave in, moiturizer and then oil and my hair stays moist and soft for days. I am natural. I did this weekly . but I am seriously thinking about going to every two weeks. When I did this before my hair seemed to benefit more.

PinkAngel

I shampoo, use a rinse out conditioner(1-3 mins), then deep condtion (5-20 mins), then I use my leave-in conditioner.

preciousjewel76

Mizani_Mrs said:
If u are doing a med-to-heavy protein deep conditioner, then you will need to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. Otherwise, there isn't a need for a 2nd conditioner... You would just add your leave-ins and continue to dry/style...

Or, if you're using a protein deep conditioner, you could mix it with a moisturizing one and kill two birds with one stone. I find that a mixture of 1/3 protein DC and 2/3 moisturizing DC does the trick.

20perlz

I am confused about something too. Since I started with these boards, I have added the pre-con (conditioning with Hair Mayo on dry hair b4 washing), then shampoo, then deep condition, then leave in. This isnt so different from what I did b4 but now I am moisturizing with s curl or mango butter every morning and night. This seems to be making my hair softer and I don't have tiny strands breaking anymore...just a few long ones during styling.

I am wondering if this is overdoing it. Is all this really good? The moisture/protein balance thing I get but I am still new so I guess I am just curious. Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly!

InnerSoul

this is what I do if I have a fresh relaxer:

wash and deep condition(w/heat) and then rinse out...I do not apply any more conditioners.

this is what I do if I am post relaxer:

wash, deep condition(w/heat) and rinse this out and then I put on my rinse out conditioner and then rinse that out.

hope that last sentence wasn't too confusing:perplexed :lol: