Deep Conditioning then Conditioning....

Akemi

Does anyone deep condition then follow with a regular conditioner? Would it make sense to condition with a regular conditioner after deep conditioning since the regular conditioner kinda coats the hair?

Or do you even use a regular conditioner when you deep condition? :ohwell:

dcprdiva

The only conditioner I use after I rinse out the deep conditioner is a leave-in conditioning treatment. If my hair needs repair, I usually do the Aphoghee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor (or Nexxus Emergencee or QP Elasta Breakage Serum) and then deep condition and then my leave-in and that's it.

SoCalli

I've done this before when wearing my hair naturally. I would deep condition, and then in the shower, I would use another condition to detangle my hair.

chebaby

well i deep condition my hair on dry hair, then shampoo then i usually quickie condition with aphogee 2 minute but yes i would use another moisturizing conditioner. i've done it before with silk elements conditioner after i deep conditioned and then shampoo'd. my hair always come out so soft, silky and nice.

PinkPebbles

Yes when I'm 4 wks plus post relaxer.

After I rinse out my DC, I use Roux Porosity Control. Leave that in for 5 minutes then rinse. I'm able to detangle easily, and have soft, manageable hair.

Dposh167

no i dont. The ONLY time i do this is if the dc i used had no slip..or my hair felt rough after using it. That happens if im trying out a new dc that doesnt agree with my hair. But all the dcs i use are moisturizing enuff and have slip, so i dont have to follow up with anything

FindingMe

I do...but in the reverse order. I use my regular herbal shampoo and herbal conditioner set and then I use Mixed Chicks DC for about 2-3 min and rinse off. My hair loves it....:grin:

Blessed_Angel

no i dont. The ONLY time i do this is if the dc i used had no slip..or my hair felt rough after using it. That happens if im trying out a new dc that doesnt agree with my hair. But all the dcs i use are moisturizing enuff and have slip, so i dont have to follow up with anything

What dc's are you using?

ajacks

Yes, but only b/c I deep condition on dry hair, then wash and use a regular conditoner and a leave-in.

MissNina

Libra Girl
I do this all the time. I either do a final rinse with Porosity Control or one of my CW conditioners. When I don't use PC, I shampoo/conditioner/dc/pc. When I use the conditioner as a final rinse, I usually do it for the fragrance.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Sometimes I do.

Some of my deep conditioners don't make my hair "feel" the way I like it, so I will do a quick rinse condition in the shower for that "slip", as some say.

I don't always have to, like when I used Redken's Real Control Intense Renewal :lick:, but I do have to with some others.

For a time, I did not deep condition because I didnot see the point. That was a bad idea. I was still getting the benefits of deep conditioning even though my hair does not always feel the way I like it. It is just better for me to do a quick rinse afterwards.

Cinda2503

I do this also.

I DC with Queen Helene's cholesterol then I leave-in Garnier Fructis strength & repair. Then I seal with evoo.

Tamrin

unapologetic
I alway use a conditioner to detangle after I DC. If I do a protein DC I follow it up with a moisturizing rinse out conditioner.

PGirl

I rinsed with Redken Butter Treat after DC this weekend. Loved my hair. Soft and detangled....:bouncy:

Akemi

Thanks for the replies, ladies! Today I DC'd with Redken Real Control Mask then used the Real Control conditioner afterwards, mixed with Roux Porosity Control. I was wondering if I was wasting the regular conditioner, but after your replies, I think I'll keep using the regular conditioner after dc-ing because my hair needs all the moisture it can get! :yep:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Yeah I do this after every dc. Mainly for the slip and also for the smell because most of my dc's don't have much smell.

PureSilver

Poochie ur hair looks very gorgeous in your siggy pics!