Regular conditioner as a leave in?

PlainJane

Bumping for more recent replies.

I use tresemme naturals as a leave in and have used AOHSR mixed with water in the past.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I use Vo5 key lime as a leave in quite often. It works well for me.

My hair is fine and fragile so most regular conditioners weigh it down too much and cause breakage. Tresseme naturals, Hairveda moisture 24/7, Suave coconut ----all failed me as leave ins. They are Great for co washing though.

krissyhair

[USER=43097]havilland[/USER];20824899 said:
I use Vo5 key lime as a leave in quite often. It works well for me.

My hair is fine and fragile so most regular conditioners weigh it down too much and cause breakage. Tresseme naturals, Hairveda moisture 24/7, Suave coconut ----all failed me as leave ins. They are Great for co washing though.

Crazy, I have fine hair too and suave coconut is always an awesome leave in for me. I used to like tresseme naturals to but I haven't tried it in a long time.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Crazy, I have fine hair too and suave coconut is always an awesome leave in for me. I used to like tresseme naturals to but I haven't tried it in a long time.

That's cray cray...my hair HATED them both with a deep passion. Especially the suave. Lol

bronzephoenix

I would say it depends on the ingredients.... I used Vo5 for a wet conditioner bun last fall & got a serious headache, followed by thee WORSE case of shedding I have ever experienced in my life. My MBL hair was brittle & coming out in gobs with excessive thinning around my edges (which largely contributed to my decision to bc). I have no doubt the chemical ingredients were too harsh to be left on my hair and scalp.

However, I now use NATURAL conditioners as my leave-ins with zero issues.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I use Hello Hydration mixed with aloe vera juice and argan oil as my moisturizer. It works great on my hair whether it's kinky or straightened. I don't use much, but my hair feels like cashmere aftrrwards.

greenandchic

I use Hello Hydration mixed with aloe vera juice and argan oil as my moisturizer. It works great on my hair whether it's kinky or straightened. I don't use much, but my hair feels like cashmere aftrrwards.

What ratio conditioner to aloe vera juice and Argan oil do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

PlainJane

havilland the key lime is always sold out near me. That's one of the few v05 I haven't tried yet.

Prettymetty which hellohydration do you use? I used to cowash with the blue one and loved the smell and slip. I ran out before I started experimenting with diluting it and using it as a leave in.

overtherainbow

I use a quarter sized amount of Organix rinse outs as a leave in if I'm traveling or don't have my usual products. They make my twistouts super soft, but I don't use it on the regular.

RossBoss

I did this when I was relaxed and it made my hair so soft and mushy that my hair could not hold a curl so I never did it again, but looking back I think a protein treatment could have corrected the issue. I am now trying this again now that I am natural. I'm a daily washer and I am now using my regular conditioner as a leave in and so far so good. I have very thick 4a hair that is very thirsty...I plan to do this during the entire summer and see how it goes, I will be doing protein treatments once per week.