Regular conditioner as a leave in?

tlbaby23

Is it Safe to use regular conditioner or deep conditioner as a leave in and not wash it out? Would it damage ur hair if u rub in a small amount just as a leave in condition?

Diva_Esq

I use them as a leave in all the time. The stuff they call leave-in is too whimpy for my thick hair. I haven't had any issues and my hair is growing like weeds!!

AlwaysNatural

I use a teeny weeny pea size amount with a quarter amount of leave in conditioner after spritizing with water.

NaturalBoss

I use regular conditioner as a leave in and haven't had any problems. Like someone mentioned Leave-In conditioners are too wimpy for my hair. They don't do anything. I would use something that doesn't have sulfates. My recommendation is Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner.

NikkiGirl

I leave regular conditioner in my hair too. My hair is really thick though and I haven't had any problems. It doesn't break and I grow and retain!

CurlsBazillion

I also leave a small amount of conditioner in. After I cowash with it I take a small amount and apply it to my ends mostly then I work my way up. Last year I did this with Aussie moist conditioner or 3min miracle deep conditioner this year I wanna try AO products.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I just diluted some Renpure with AVJ, and a tbsp of wheat germ oil.....I don't know why I was playing myself all this time with regular leave-ins! Lesson learned! :yep:

naturalmanenyc

I use regular conditioners as a base for my leave in mix (Kimmaytube mix). I currently am using Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship conditioner.

JeterCrazed

Aubrey only. I would use others contingent on the ingredients. Too many surfactants and it would be a no. :down:

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

leona2025

I use Silicon Mix as my leave in. I use a quarter size amount for my whole head when wet. Been doing this forever.

~~HoneyComb~~

I use regular conditioners (cone-free) almost daily. My hair is currently starved for moisture and I use a good amount. My goal is to get my hair moisturized enough so that I only have to use little product.

ChristmasCarol

I leave regular condish in my hair, too. I mix it with grape seed oil.

I have to be careful not to get it on my scalp - if I do, I have to wash my hair again the next day. Condish on my scalp gives me a serious case of the "itchies".

billyne

I just started using joico's moisture recovery condish as a leave in and my naps seem to love it!

HautePinkHeels

I mix one part water with one part regular conditioner in a spray bottle and use that as my leave-in. Works wonders for my hair.

Ronnieaj

I use Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask as a leave-in when I wear my buns. It makes my hair too soft for twists and they unravel, so I use a regular leave-in for that.

lamaria211

I leave regular condish in my hair, too. I mix it with grape seed oil.

I have to be careful not to get it on my scalp - if I do, I have to wash my hair again the next day. Condish on my scalp gives me a serious case of the "itchies".

same here!!!:ohwell:

Ann0804

I wouldn't advise this. When I have tried regular conditioner as a leave-in my scalp felt extra itchy, and my hair became dry, and brittle.

soonergirl

I use condishes as leave ins too no prob... ^^^ just put the condish mid shaft and on the ends and stay away from your scalp... place oil on the hair closet to your scalp..

Kindheart

if its natural i dont see why not ,however i ve used HE (the blue one) on my hair and the next day was so dry and crunchy ,awful ...
I think conditioners with oils and butters rather than cones will work better cuz they will nourish your hair .Anything with Polyquaternium and Dimethicone makes my hair horrible.

BEAUTYU2U

I'll do it in a minute. Dilute with water. It's basically the same as not fully rinsing it out in the shower.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

greenandchic

I use Andalou Naturals Sweet Orange and Argan Oil Conditioner (purchased at Whole Foods) on my hair as a leave-in. I think it works better that way than as a rinse out.