ok- how bout a jherri curl?

Rain20

Stephshe:
How do you keep it moisturized without the traditional wet glycerin products? What products do you use to maintain your curl without dryness?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Yeah, I had one, way back in the day, but my stylist charges so much $. Stupid me put a relaxer on it and my hair fell out. :wallbash: I had no idea that would happen because I did not find LHCF until after. Please don't do what I did.:blush: I will tell you that my hair never grew so fast in my life. I'm going to pick up the wave nouveau stuff. The glycerin products is what makes it grow.:yep: Good lock, OP!

Evolving78

well it would seem right up there with getting a texturizer and people using curl activator, so i really don't see the difference.

BklynHeart

When I was transitioning I asked my hairdresser about the types of texturizers she used in case I wanted one. She still does Wave Nuveau (sp?) but if I wanted my hair relaxed that would have to get cut out or transition again.

Tallone

I always thought the moisture from the maintenance products that makes the hair grow like weeds. I mean it makes sense, water your garden, your hair will grow. Kinda like keeping the soil damp and all that jazz

vkb247

iiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrkkkk! - stop!! wait a minute...... you did your own?????????????
give up the goods.. how on earth did you do this?????????

I am so late...just seeing this post. So if you are still interested it was really easy. I was able to buy the Wave Nouveau products from the BSS. It is 3 parts and has instructions.

1. Put in the relaxer type stuff until hair is straight. Rinse.
2. Rod the hair and put in the second product until curl pattern was set. I would just turn my head upside down and put on a shower cap to get some sort of "natural" curl pattern without the rods.
3. Rinse and add the 3 product. Rinse

I believe it says not to go under a drier on one of these steps so I never did, but when I went to a stylist he always put me under a drier.

BTW: I have been doing my own hair off and on for like 14 years. It never occured to me that I couldn't do whatever I wanted to my hair. I even left bleach in it for 90 minutes - over the DP Wave Nouveau - so I could have colored (green, blue, etc.) streaks :nono:. They all eventually dropped out but I never carried about losing hair cause I had so much that losing some from bleaching made it more manageable :drunk::spinning:

TG4LHCF

Lovelylocs

LOL.. Stephe, I was lurking on BHM and found the "curly forum". Seeing your posts almost made me want to join. Honestly b4 I wasnt so sure about that site, but apparently they have a lot of info about styling hair, which is what I need. :)

What happens if u try to wear your hair straight?