What kind of Moisterizer is bad for perms?

Miel

I've seen some post that suggest using s-curl and other sprays that are intended for permanent wave/jherri curl type styles on braided relaxed hair. Is this ok? I know that not all moisture is the same but I'm just curious. Are the ingredients the same as some braid sprays?

And if I use one of the aforementioned products do I still need to apply something to seal in the moisture and if so what should I use?

CoCoEspresso

Miel said:
I've seen some post that suggest using s-curl and other sprays that are intended for permanent wave/jherri curl type styles on braided relaxed hair. Is this ok? I know that not all moisture is the same but I'm just curious. Are the ingredients the same as some braid sprays?

And if I use one of the aforementioned products do I still need to apply something to seal in the moisture and if so what should I use?

I use S-Curl but only at my edges, temples and nape because I need extra moisture at these spots. I find it to be okay as long as I use it sparingly. It can cause build-up and weigh my hair down, so I don't use it on the length of my hair.

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Do you have braid extensions? Do you want to know how to keep your moisturized beneath the braids? If so then I am not sure if I could help with those questions because I was not sure how to retain moisture with braids and I have not worn braids since the end of last year. I am sure that there are many ladies who could help you.

Me2

I don't think there is a moisturizer that is "bad" for relaxed hair. I believe it just the depends on how your hair reacts to it. I use Wave Nouveau and love it. My hair is like the Sahara Desert and this keeps it very moisturized. Like CoCo mentioned it causes build-up. I mainly wear my hair pinned up and wash it every two days. So, the build-up isn't too bad. If I wear my hair curly I only apply a little so the curls don't drop. HTH